• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D&D The Forgotten Gate: Game Play

" I have no need to loot from the dead" Altair say's, " you guy's do as you please, and yes i suggest we try the other tunnel that is wider than this one"

“Damn monster,” Robert cursed as the centipede escaped to the water. “We will have to be more careful from now on...”

“I agree,” Robert said as he nodded. “Nex can keep an eye out as I dig at the wall. Both of you be ready in case it comes back.”

Robert walked over to the partially destroyed wall and began digging at the soil with his bare hands. As Robert dug his claws into the soil, a memory drifted past his mind from years ago.

“You are foolish to think that you can win brother!' a red-skinned dragonborn shouted at Robert. His body was covered head to toe in shining metal armor and he hefted a heavy great-sword on his shoulder. The dragonborn laughed at Robert as staggered to his feet. 'Just because you are older does not make you any better than me!”

The crimson dragonborn lifted the blade from his shoulder and pointed at Robert. “You should pay more attention to your surroundings!” the dragonborn mocked. “One of these days it will get you killed or someone in your party! The elders wouldn't want one of their 'prodigies' to die from not taking a second look.”

Robert growled at the red-skinned dragonborn and picked up his short sword off the ground. “I will not stand for such insults!” Robert shouted as he leveled his blade. “Prepare yourself Rex!”

Robert roared as he charged at his brother, but Rex merely smiled. The sound of steel against steel rang through the air.

The memory faded as Robert dug at the wall. It took Robert a moment to realize that he was sweating and his hands had begun to sore from an increased digging pace.

“Damn you Rex...” Robert muttered as he continued digging. “I'll prove you wrong. I won't let anyone with me to die in such a blind manner. I swear it.”

VaporeonMaster

>The Forgotten Gate<
(gm)

Team (A)

(GM): As Robert digs, Nex keeps a keen eye on the water. Rose rests atop a boulder sitting indian style in deep meditation. Soon Robert has broken through the crumbly wall. the last of the loose stones fall to reviel a skinny tube like tunnel curving to the east. The tunnle smells of fresh earth and damp, moist cool underground air. a bunch of white mushrooms grow on the wall of this tunnel.

Any one with the Nature skill may know if this breed of mushroom is edibul or poisonus....or ...magic...T_T

(GM): Robert tell's Nex to keep watch on that new tunnel, then he takes the glow rod and sets it on the ground in an area in witch everyone will get a small amount of light. Then he walks over to the second crumbling wall area and starts to dig in.

Team (B)

(GM): Arro loots the bodie and finds a total of 50 Silver coins, and a Dagger worth 5 gold.

(Drifter): "Nice pickings, little Halfling!" Drifter then laughs and pats Arro on the back.

(GM): The team then makes there way back to the last fork they encounterd. The tunnel with the wider tube. This tunnel is very short and ends at another split off, one way north one way south. BUT!!!

(GM): As soon as the team walks a few steps down this short tunnel they hear voices..!!..!!. ??? It sounds like some sort of foul, gutteral language. sounds like its comeing from the north,!

(Drifter): "Stop!"
(Drifter): "Ju-ni ay yano kimiani ohokisia!" Drifter whispers in a volume almost to low for the ear to hear.

(GM): Red silent as a mouse, dashes down the tunnel dissapearing and blending into the darkness.

(Drifter): "That is most definitely "Goblinese" The language of the Goblins.. We must stay quiet..It sounds like it might be guards...my "Goblinese" is very rusty but it sounded like they where talking about how lame it was..to be on guard duty...and how its so boring... I have sent Red to scout for us..."

(Drifter): "I think Altair with his glowing fire, will find it hard to hide in any darkness... the Goblins will spot him no matter what... I think he should walk straight up to the little basterds, while the rest of us hide and take out as many as we can. Altair and his blunt straight forward approch will distract the little goblins. Then Arro you will have clear shots with your bow....just hide in the darkness... any other plans? Im all ears.. What does everyone think?"

Last edited:
Altair stop's and listen's to the strange language they all hear, it's a good thing Drifter understand's this jibberish. He then see's Red dissappear ahead of them.

"Ok sound's good Drifter, ill go on ahead and pretend like i am lost to the Goblin's, when you guy's are in position i can either attack them first or wait for them to be distracted by you and Arro and surprise attack them, what do you think Arro?" Altair ask's

pokemon_exceeder

Master Coordinator
"Yes!" Arro says as he pulls out 50 Silver coins and a Dagger. He then smiles after Drifter hears his congrats. "Thanks Drifter." he says with a small laugh.
Arro then listens to his team's ideas about how to get past the Goblins. "Hmm, well to me, I think that they should get distracted by you, Altair. Then if they try to attack you then we will be right there to help. Then they would waste time trying to find me and Drifter in the dark." He tells Drifter and Altair.

Mystic x Reaper

Ninetails Maniac
Nex walks over to the new tunnel and spots the mushrooms. "Hmm. These mushrooms look rather familiar. Not so much the place that there are in but the color of there glow. What were they called again?" Nex turns to Rose and continues to speak. "Hey I know you're are busy, but can you help take a look at these mushrooms with me? I mean I have some knowledge of nature and see how you can control it you must have some knowledge as well and we might even be able to identify the properties that it might have."

SerperiorQueen

GO SERPERIOR
Rose Thorne

Rose is in a deep meditation with her legs crossed in indian style. She makes humming noises as she meditates, "OOOooo... OOOOmmm..."

It jolts her awake when Nex starts to talk to her. "Hmm? Oh yes I will definitely come look!" Rose jumps off the rock and approaches the hole in the wall. She sees the mushrooms and thinks she might have seen them before, just like Nex.

Rose concentrates on her knowledge of Nature to try and figure out what type of mushrooms these are and what type of effects they might have on a person. She thinks this shouldn't be a hard task considering Nex and her both have good knowledge of Nature.

As the wall broke, Robert was filled with a sense of disappointment. “Another damn tunnel...” Robert muttered. Robert examined one of the mushrooms for a moment before shaking his head. “What the hell am I even doing? There's nothing here.”

Robert grumbled slightly as he proceeded to the other area of the wall with structural weakness and began digging. “A tunnel with mushrooms huh?” Robert muttered. “It makes sense and all, but it sure isn't very exciting. At least, not for me. Training my body for combat is hard enough, but to study plants and the like is just too much work for me. Then again, it's not like I couldn't try.”

Robert thought for a few moments before sighing. “No,” Robert said, “I don't think studying anything like that would greatly benefit me during combat. Perhaps for treating wounds, but not during battle. Then again, if I can just talk my way out of fights than all that knowledge is for naught...”

Robert placed his right forefinger on his chin as looked up, pondering. A few moments paced, before he just groaned. “Screw it. Stressing out about things I can't control is pointless.” The sounds of claws against soft soil and misplaced stones filled the air as Robert continued digging.

VaporeonMaster

>The Forgotten Gate<
(gm)

Team (A)

(GM): Rose gets up and walks over to the new tunnel, where Nex is standing next to the Mushroom clusters. They both take a look at the all white mushrooms. Hmmm.... Rose knows they are not magic...hmm... They are some sort of very mild poisonous fungi. If eaten by Humanoid's it will cause a nauseated feeling, and may be some barfing... T_T

(GM): Robert continues with his diging, his claws working very well... Soon, after about twenty minutes the Dragonborn has the loose area dug out.

Through this new tunnel way, he see's a wider tube like tunnel. You all re group and Rose takes the glow rod. As you all walk slowly down this new wider tunnel, lit up by the sun rods glow, You all can see that this tunnel dead ends a short distance ahead into a small dome like cavern.
This small cavern is plenty big enough to hold around twelve people. It has two off shoot tunnels that shoot off of it, but they are super skinny and dead end with in only five or ten feet, they are compleatly empty...

In the center of the ground in this small cavern there is a deep hole, it leads down into the darkness, but when Rose holds her Sun rod over the hole you can all see the bottom faintly. It looks about twenty five feet down there... It looks as if the bottom lets out into another tunnel...one deeper with in this cavern system.

It looks like no one has been in this area of the cave in a very long time, every thing is all dusty. Wonder whats down there?

(Will the team use rope and Rose's vine's to lower them selves down into this hole and explore the lower levels of this place? OR go back to the first tunnel Robert dug out, the one with the Mushrooms..and explore that tunnel?

Team (B)

(GM): Altair gathers his wits and walks down the short wider tunnel, in no time he gets to the north or south turn off, He walks the North route the way the voices where comeing from. As Altair walks down this tunnel a short way, his boots making noise on the rocky ground, the flame on his body casting light where there was none before.. He hears the Goblin voices agian..

(Goblin Voices): "Grugge-Wallow shagg vaff gro'ob-nadd sad cru'uf yag-yag yag-Ag!"

(GM): Down this long tunnel, Altair can see two goblinoid's walking towards him from way down the tunnel about fifty feet. To his left is an open passage way into another huge cavern, standing at the passage way into this western off shoot cavern is two more Goblin guards.

When Altair walks by, the two standing guard right there, yell in a gutteral voice.. "Raggbof!" with there long, pointy beek like noses, and stinky green leather like skin, then points a spear at Altairs neck, the other Goblin holds a stedy crossbow locked on Altairs head, The two other Goblin guards ...the ones that where fifty feet away, make there way up to Altair huffing and puffing from the long run, they also both hold crossbows locked on Altair.

(GM): One of the Goblins that just arived, catches his breath then says to Altair.

(Goblin): "I am called...Raggbof! I am in charge general... You talk-iz to-ing me.!!! Why you come here?? You tellz me you do!! You-iz not-ing be-ing from this place! you-iz da Elemen-tal! You make-az a move-ing...and we-iz stabbing you'z!"

(GM): (Meanwhile...Arro, Drifter and Red hide in the shadows, lisining to every word.)

Altair notice's the the passageway to the his left 'Darn, another tunnel to search later, could the hostage's be in there, with all this guard's we must be getting close to them' Altair think's to himself.

With a handful of Spear's and Crossbow's pointed at him Altair decide's it's best not to strike 1st on the Goblin's, he turn's to Raggbof the Goblin General and with a relaxed, calm face he tell's him "I mean no harm to you and your men General, i just came looking for an old friend who live's here" Altair say's calmly.

Mystic x Reaper

Ninetails Maniac
Nex thinks to himself as he picks up a mushroom, "These mushrooms could be very helpful later. I should take a few just in case the right time should arise to use these."

After taking a few mushrooms Nex turns to Rose before heading over to Robert who they notice has finished digging out the wall. "Rose I need to say something to you...I need to say thank you for earlier. If you didn't notify us of that centipede I'm sure that one of us would have been killed...It's strange that since we started traveling together that I always thought that I couldn't trust you or anyone else, but it seems that all that is slowly changing. First Robert, now you...I guess all in all of what I'm trying to get at is that I'm glad I can trust you now, but there is one thing that stills bothers me. How can you be so upbeat and cheerful all the time? How is it that no matter what goes on be it fights or conversations that you are always the one that is cheerful? Can you really say that your life hasn't been plagued with the horrors of this world or is it something different? "

Nex approaches Robert and heads down the tunnel till they get to the hole in the center of the floor. Nex sees that they could go down but possibly not be able to get back up. "So we could all go down into the creepy hole or the other tunnel is still available. Both are a toss up on what we will find so I'll go either way at this point."

“Great,” Robert muttered as his group finished inspecting the new tunnel. “Two dead ends and a twenty foot drop. Had I know there would be this much idle time I would have brought a book.” Robert grumbled to himself as he thought.

“As for your statement Nex,” Robert said as he turned to the human, “I think something here might be wrong.” With a swipe of his finger across one of the rocks, Robert holds up the dust on his finger. “Dust forms in caves, but since this is still here I would assume that nothing has passed by here in a while.” As Robert looked down into the hole, he shook his head.

“If we keep traveling this far into the cave we my eventually reach the goblins, but we may end up going pass them,” Robert concluded. “We should explore that mushroom filled cave first before proceeding twenty feet down into a dark hole that leads to someplace we don't know.”

Looking at his compatriots, Robert asked, “Do either of you disagree?”

SerperiorQueen

GO SERPERIOR
Rose Thorne

Rose agrees with Nex when he says they should keep the mushrooms for future use. She thinks to herself, "You never know when we might need them."

Rose listens to what Nex has to say to her.

"No problem! I'm glad that you trust me, I feel that I can trust you and Robert as well. I am always cheerful because I don't see the point of waisting a second on this beautiful earth being angry. I do get mad if I have to but I was raised to love all living things and treasure them like they are sacred. When the group has to fight an enemy I do not feel that I am cheerful or up-beat. I feel that I try to help the team as best as I can, I also find myself getting angry with the opponent. I have dealt with many evil things in the past and they have taught me that life could end any second. Why waist it being angry or mean? That's just how I see it.''

When they reach the deep hole in the ground Rose listens to both Robert and Nex's ideas. "Hmm... I do agree with Robert on the fact that we probably should just go back to the other cave. Who knows what is down this hole."

SerperiorQueen

GO SERPERIOR
"On second thought, maybe we should go down this hole because we are already here and it would save time if this is the way that we should be going. We already traveled pretty far into this tunnel. I think we should be fine getting back up if it doesn't lead anywhere. I can create more sturdy vines! What do you all think?"

VaporeonMaster

>The Forgotten Gate<
(gm)

Team (A)

(GM): Rose states what she thinks about the current situation, On the other hand she says she would like to take the hole...

Team (B)

(GM): Altair stand's calmly and awaits General Raggbof's answer.

(General Raggbof): "You'z being are'z lost...elemen-tal. You'z finding no-one's here'z....but you'z come'ing with'in me'z to-ing the big boss..."

(GM): (Raggbof laughs, then spits a nasty blob on the ground...)

(General Raggbof): "Tha big boss will being use'z you'z for his dark magic..."

(GM): Raggbof waves his arm in the air and say's in the Goblinese toung..

(Raggbof): "Fugg blags'to vuewag choog mad' coomkat'Juu' -Juu-Ju'k Sta'bs.."

(GM): All the other spear and crossbow holding Goblin guards grunt, and grumble. One purduces a pair of shakles and hands them over to Raggbof.

(Raggbof): "You'z being locked up now'z..."

Mystic x Reaper

Ninetails Maniac
"Well like I said before. I don't care where we go. If you want to go down the hole than lets go. Isn't that right Robert? I know that you don't want to be here any longer seeing as we already wasted enough time in earlier decisions."

Robert slapped his forehead in exasperation. “Fine. Let's just get going right now,” Robert said. “Let's tie the rope to something while Rose produces some vines down the hole. If the vines or rope break the other will be there to protect the poor sap that falls. Assuming that the other doesn't break as well.”

pokemon_exceeder

Master Coordinator
Arro hides in the darkness of the cave listening to every one of Raggbofs word. He finds it amusing that Raggbof can take him, Drifter, Red, and Altair on. "Foolish Goblin, we have better weapons than you. I think." he thinks in his head as he tries to get a clear view of the weapons the Goblins possess. "Okay I can't see the weapons you have but I know that we won't go down easily." he thinks again. He then looks over to Drifter to see when they will strike the Goblins and continue the journey. "Drifter, is it time?" he whispers over to Drifter hoping to get an answer.

VaporeonMaster

>The Forgotten Gate<
(gm)

Team (A)

(GM): Nex produces his trusty rope and finds a sturdy looking stalagmite near the hole to tie it around.

Rose stands near the hole and holds her Druid staff in one hand and the glowing sun rod in the other. She holds them both up and starts to chant her Druid spell. soon the ground starts to ctumble around the hole, thick tree branch like vines start to grow and twist around eachother.

The vines grow down the hole and root into the ground at the bottom.

Rose thanks her goddes Silvanus and walks over to inspect the vines... they look sturty..

who's first?

Team (B)

(Drifter): "Just wait a little longer my friend... let us see what Altair will do"

(GM):The two and Red wait in the shadows.

Robert tugged at the rope and vines a few times before nodding. “This should be good enough,” he said as took hold of rappelling materials. “Wish me luck. This could end bad if I land on my head, or my blade....or my crossbow bolts, or even my flint and steel.” Robert sighed and started his way down into the dark unknown of the hole in the ground.