• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D.Gray-Man.

Lucille

I haven't seen a D.Gray-Man thread here, so I decided to make one. I'm not current on the manga, but I just bought the first volume a few days ago and I thought it was pretty decent. Anything D.Gray-Man related should go here.

ForeverFlame

Here's some advice for you, skip Volume 2. All you need to know is that Allen and Kanda go on a mission together for an innocence, they kill a gay clown, and they get the innocence. The End.

In my opinion, the series is a B- until around Volume 9, where it turns into a B+. The Japan and Noah's Arc arcs were amazing. From Volume 9 to 14, I was glued to this series. But then it got boring again afterwards and now the mangaka is taking hiatus's left right and center.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
It hasn't been confirmed whether it'll be monthly or weekly. I hope it'll be monthly, But weekly would be cool too.

Silver Fusion

Hyper Coordinator
Firstly the mangaka is a woman.
But yeah, she is off of hiatus now, the next chapter will be published in November and will be monthly from then on, although quite frankly I found the most recent chapter to be slow, uneventful and boring, I certainly hope that the quality doesn't slip.

LuckyShipper8816

RedxBlue ftw! =D
... You're talking to the biggest DGM fan here.

The next chapter is going to be released on November 4th, if I'm not mistaken. After that, it'll be released monthly.

Just thought you might want to know. :)

ForeverFlame

I have a feeling that she's really working towards ending the series in the next five to ten volumes. I mean, she's going to have the 14th Noah awaken really soon, she revealed the rest of the Noah Family and the Millenium Earl's human form (which looks suspiciously like Mana AHEM). Right now it looks like she's possibly setting up for a final battle, though I really hope that's not the case because there are so many unexplored elements in the story.

sheik222

Banned
Hoshino's debut manga Continue appeared in the Weekly Shonen Jump in 2003. She also wrote an unpublished manga called Book-man. Many of her characters come from earlier works such as these while some are modeled after real people such as famous scientist sand, in one case, a silver accessory brand name. She is the author of the manga pilot Zone, which was published in Shueisha's magazine Akamaru Jump. This later paved the way for the D.Gray-man series, which began in 2004 and is currently serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump. An anime, as well as two novels, have been adapted from the series. The manga is being sold in ten countries, including the United States, Germany, and France. An English dub of the anime is expected in early 2009 from FUNimation.

In Japan, D.Gray-man was put on a hiatus due to Hoshino falling seriously ill and once again because of an unspecified injury. However the series continued shortly after.

Hoshino also has a cat named Koro, often translated as Coro, who has a birth defect and has difficulty walking. Even so, she says that Koro does its best to move around, often rolling around on the floor. According to Hoshino, this cheers her up, especially when her editor, Yoshida, yells at her. In her opinion, Koro resembles Timcanpy.