• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P EV Guide & Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woopman

Wooptrainer
I need help!

I got a shiny Roselia, and I want to EV train it. It has a Calm nature (+Sp. Def - Atk)

What EV spread would you recommend?

I don't know how the IV calculator works, so can someone calculate the IVs? Here are the stats:

Roselia, Calm, Lv. 17

HP - 44
Atk - 26
Def - 20
Sp. Atk - 43
Sp. Def - 36
Spe - 29

Thanks!

I need help!

I got a shiny Roselia, and I want to EV train it. It has a Calm nature (+Sp. Def - Atk)

What EV spread would you recommend?

I don't know how the IV calculator works, so can someone calculate the IVs? Here are the stats:

Roselia, Calm, Lv. 17

HP - 44
Atk - 26
Def - 20
Sp. Atk - 43
Sp. Def - 36
Spe - 29

Thanks!

Roselia's IVs. Take a look under the "Individual Values" box on the right; the column of numbers under "Average" are an approximation of it's IVs based on the stats, level and nature that you input for that Pokémon. However you are not going to get 100% accurate results when you input the stats of such a low levelled Pokémon, but it gives a good enough indication as to how decent(or not) they are.

So, it's IVs are within these ranges. You can view the same information in the image, under the Min/Max columns -
HP: 0-5
Atk: 22-27
Def: 0-4
S. Atk: 24-29
S. Def: 5-10
Spd: 12-17

I don't know about the EVs, it would primarily be based on what the Pokémon in question excels at and what role you want it to play, in battle.
All I can do is direct you to Smogon for pointers on that.

Last edited:

Woopman

Wooptrainer
Thanks for that.

I actually use Smogon, but Roserade's it has movesets for another nature. Do you think I could use one of the sets there even if my Roselia is Calm?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Thanks for that.

I actually use Smogon, but Roserade's it has movesets for another nature. Do you think I could use one of the sets there even if my Roselia is Calm?

You can, but without the +Speed nature like Timid, you will run into problems with base 100s like Salamence, Flygon, and Tentacruel, and even base 95s like Arcanine, Electivire, and Gliscor; all of them will, with the optimum Speed investment, outspeed you and easily capitalize on your pitiful Defense to OHKO you. That's why Timid is the preferred nature; when you think about it, Roserade's low HP stat is really too low to help it in terms of surviving attacks. Even a Calm nature won't let you take strong special hits, so it's best to take on an offensive role instead and use Timid.

That said, Calm is still acceptable I suppose. At least it's not a bad nature. And yes, it would still be best to max Speed and Special Attack.

corkhead87

if I already maxed out a pokemon's speed, but i continue to fight zubats, will it really waste my EVs out of the 508, or will it count as nothing?

1ee7leader

Is it pointless if I EV train a Pokemon that is weak in a particular stat?
E.G. Training a Infernape in defence ev?

Not really. It just won't really benefit from the training.(It won't become much better)

Edit: rank up.

Last edited:

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Actually, you should only do that if you plan to survive a particular attack. Otherwise it's useless competitively.

Generally increasing HP is better, though.

Nintom64

Pokemon Breeder
i have a serious natured quilava and i want to know if i can ev train him

i tried to ev train him by battling 4 unowns (1 sp. attack & 1 attack)but he doesn't gain any points on his stats

pm me if you can help

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Nah, you haven't screwed up.

According to this page, the stat calculation formula for all stats besides HP is as follows:

(((IV + (2 x Base Stat) + (EV/4)) x (Level/100)) + 5))

Notice the Level/100 bit? Now, let's imagine your Ninjask is Level 50. "Level" becomes 50, so that part of the equation is 50/100, or 1/2. Thus, everything in the equation is roughly divided by two, including the amount of stat points you gain from leveling up, EVs or not. If Ninjask is Level 20, then you only get about 1/5 of the "normal" stat increases that you would get if it was Level 100.

If that doesn't make sense at all, then all you need to know is that if the Pokemon isn't Level 100, then you may appear to be "incorrectly" EV training it, while really, you probably aren't. As long as you religiously keep track of the EVs you give it, then you shouldn't run into any problems.

My post from a while back. Basically, if your Quilava is lower-leveled, then it won't immediately gain all the stat points from the EV's. It will all even out at Lv. 100 though, so don't worry.

1ee7leader

How would I EV train a Ralts with these EV's: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
It is Adamant , becuase I want it to evolve into Gallade. No pokerus, just the power items.

Ze DreamGirl

Future Vaporeon
What is the best EV spread for an adamant Gible ?

How would I EV train a Ralts with these EV's: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
It is Adamant , becuase I want it to evolve into Gallade. No pokerus, just the power items.

For HP you battle the girl with 5 Bidoof twice with the power item,(+ 50 EVs) once with the Macho Brace(+ 12 EVs = 62 EVs) and one single Bidoof with the Macho Brace.

For attack you Battle the trainer with the two Staraptors with the power item(14 EVs each battle) 18 times(14 x 18 = 252)

For speed you battle the Magikarp fisher(30 EVs each battle) 6 times (180 EVs) with the power item and once with the Macho Brace.(12 EVs = 192 EVs)

that's how many times you will have to battle them to get your EV-spread.(your EV-spread could suck, though. I’m not good at judging that)

What is the best EV spread for an adamant Gible ?

Look here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/garchomp

Last edited:

adamantursaring

Pichu

Can some one calculate the IVs of my darling Pichu?
Lvl 16 Newly Caught! Shiny (hasty)
Stats:
Atk- 20
Def- 11
Sp. Atk- 21
Sp. Def- 16
Speed- 29

And what would be a good moveset for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.