• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P EV Guide & Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamantursaring

Knew i forgot something.

HP 36

Can some one calculate the IVs of my darling Pichu?
Lvl 16 Newly Caught! Shiny (hasty)
Stats:
Atk- 20
Def- 11
Sp. Atk- 21
Sp. Def- 16
Speed- 29

And what would be a good moveset for her?

As always, if you aren't inputting the stats of a Lv. 100 Pokémon into the IV calculator, then you will not get 100% precise results.
With that in mind, here is the range of IVs that your Pichu may have -

[Stat: Minimum possible IV-Maximum possible IV]
HP: 23-28
Atk: 14-19
Def: 20-26
Sp. Atk: 30-31
Sp. Def: 0-4
Spd: 18-23

Not too bad. As for the moveset, check Pikachu or Raichu's page(depending on what form you want to keep it in) on Smogon.com for ideas there.

PKMNfossilfreak

Fossil-Trainer
I have a question about EV-training: I'm in the procces of EV-trianing my rampardos (speed) and 'm doing it via the exp share way; I use a lv 77 mamoswine to defeat golbat's (speed) at the victorie road, now the actual question: does my rampardos still get EV's even when my mamoswine has had all his EV's (he has the effort ribbon...)

ty in advance.

Majiksub

I have a question about EV-training: I'm in the procces of EV-trianing my rampardos (speed) and 'm doing it via the exp share way; I use a lv 77 mamoswine to defeat golbat's (speed) at the victorie road, now the actual question: does my rampardos still get EV's even when my mamoswine has had all his EV's (he has the effort ribbon...)

ty in advance.

Yes your rampardos still gets 2 spd EVs. If you want a place where your rampardos can fight for itself try fighting the fisherman that has 6 majikarps(on route 205 I think) that way you can give your rampardos a power item instead of exp share

ok so lets say I use 10 Calcium on my Mewtwo, so I can raise its SpAtk. would I then only need 152 SpAtk EVs?

And, Will my Mewtwo already have EVs in stats and will I have to lower them to get EVs in other stats?

to 1. yes.

to 2. If your Mewtwo has already battled other pokémon(in other words, gained exp.), yes. If it hasn't, no

You can have a total of 510 EVs on one pokémon. Don't use the max of 255 on one stat, though. Your pokémon won't benefit from it. Using only 252 EVs in a stat equals +63 stat points and it leaves 6 EVs which makes +1 stat point in a third one.

PKMNfossilfreak

Fossil-Trainer
Got a question; When I checked up my forr IV's cranidos with the IV-calculator, it came up with: 28 for HP, 29 for attack, and 28 for speed, now are these results actually accurate cause I inputted the data when cranidos was lv. 20, and these are some awesome IV's and I read in the IV-guide that it was best to check IV's when it was close to lv. 50.

ty in advance!

Palkia Keeper

I eat Mudkipz
Right now these are the stats of my Mewtwo:
Lvl 71
Modest
Hp-236
Atk-149
Def-140
SpAtk-313
SpDef-149
Spd-196

He has full SpAtk EVs, so I was wondering what else I should Ev train it in.

Also I was wondering, If I use berries to lower the EVs in a stat so I can train EVs in others, will it only lower the stat as low as the EVs it learned?

Got a question; When I checked up my forr IV's cranidos with the IV-calculator, it came up with: 28 for HP, 29 for attack, and 28 for speed, now are these results actually accurate cause I inputted the data when cranidos was lv. 20, and these are some awesome IV's and I read in the IV-guide that it was best to check IV's when it was close to lv. 50.

ty in advance!

You can answer that yourself. Take a look at the screen shot under the spoiler -
Dialga_IV.png

On the right under the "Individual Values" box you will see two columns labelled "Min" and "Max". These will show the range of IVs that your Pokémon could possibly have in the stat they are beside, but the lower the level of the Pokémon whose stats you input, the larger the difference between those two values might be. The actual IV will be a value at or inbetween the minimum and maximum IVs listed.

Re-input your Cranidos' stats and see what it's IVs are under the aforementioned columns(but not under the "Average" column, because that simply chooses the middle value between Min and Max, and may not necessarily be 100% correct).

The only way you can be completely sure is by checking it's stats when it is at Lv. 100, or if you use Metalkid's IV calculator which allows you to input the stats of the Pokémon when it is at different levels to help narrow down the possibilities.

Right now these are the stats of my Mewtwo:
Lvl 71
Modest
Hp-236
Atk-149
Def-140
SpAtk-313
SpDef-149
Spd-196

He has full SpAtk EVs, so I was wondering what else I should Ev train it in.

Also I was wondering, If I use berries to lower the EVs in a stat so I can train EVs in others, will it only lower the stat as low as the EVs it learned?

Look here for EV-spreads and movesets. http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mewtwo

and yes. Otherwise it would be a little bit unfair, no?

BTW, are you training it for an uber team? You can't use Mewtwo in standard.(I bet you knew that)

Last edited:

mR.tOp37

if my pokemon has pokerus then i gave it protein, would the protein count as 20evs.? or still 10.?

if my pokemon has pokerus then i gave it protein, would the protein count as 20evs.? or still 10.?

Still 10. Pokérus will only double EVs gained from battle, but it will not double EVs from vitamin items.

Status
Not open for further replies.