• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P EV Guide & Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychorvs

Ah, I see. So it's fairly easy to get whatever stat u want maxed on any Pokemon as long as you stock up on berries huh?

Yes, but don't go like "OMG, I can liek max al 6 stats" because you can't.

psychorvs

Yes, but don't go like "OMG, I can liek max al 6 stats" because you can't.

I know that much, I'm just new to the whole EV allocation process. What I ultimately wanted to know is that if I'd have like 81 in each if I could turn that into 252 in two stats.

You can. I didn’t think you were a n00b. There are some people who think they can do that and to keep you from disappointment if you were one of those people, I posted the information.

psychorvs

Yeah, I understand. I'm pretty much familiar with all the game mechanics other than EV (which I now got, too) I never cared for it in the game offline, where Leveling+spamming the 120pwr skills suffices, but I recently started WiFi-ing, where it matters.

Lucario_Dragon

I have read about PKRUS on the first page. Does it still work if the pokemon with it does not fight but has exp. share?
Also, do power items cut the EVs gained or just while they're holding the item? (e.g. Macho brace cuttign Speed stat.)

rayquaza fan

im new so idk if this is the proper thread to ask but i have been iv hunting or shiny rayquaza and stumble onto this: Rayquaza, Adamant LvL70 - HP: 231 (6/0) | Atk: 259 (30/0) | Def: 144 (19/0) | Sp.Atk: 212 (30/0) | Sp.Def: 149 (26/0) | Spd: 147 (13/0) | Hidden Power: 64, POISON | Format: stat (IV/EP) i thought it looked good but i wanted a pro opinon. can anyone help or direct me to somewhere i can? also im a noob to figureing out ev's and i want to max att and spec att. what will the maxs be and how do i figure out how many evs to get in each?

Last edited:

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
So
HP: 6/7 IV
Attack: 30/31
Defense: 19 IV
Speed: 13/14 IV
Special Attack: 30/31 IV
Special Defense: 26/27 IV

That's REALLY good for a Shiny Legendary. The HP and Speed could be higher, but whatever. I'd actually go for a Dragon Dancer and ignore Special Attack for the most part (maybe give it Draco Meteor). I'm not very good with EVs, but for a maximum stat you need 252 IVs. You can only have two maximum stats.

-$Ci(-P-)$-

Dragon Master
Wow, I have bred finally a good adamant aron!! IV's 31/29/31/26/3/17. I'm really happy with this one, I've bred really long for this:D

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
can somone ev me a team?

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Ok, after thinking about the horrible review my previous team got, I have started a new one that I am indeed EV training..and it is quite the painstaking process, but it will pay off -- but beside the point. My situation is that I have completed EV training my Froslass and she is at Lv 59....my question is...does she have to be at Lv 100 to be able to use those bonuses in battle? Or can she use them in PBR at Lv. 50?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
She can use them, but the bonuses themselves are a bit different, since it's not just half of the stats at level 100.

(((2B+E+I)*L/100)+5)*N
If I recall correctly, that's the formula for stats other than HP.
(((2B+E+I)*L/100)+L+10
And that's the HP Stat.

B= Base Stat
E= EVs given divided by 4, rounded down
I= Individual Value
L= Level of the Pokémon
N= Nature Multiplier

If you ever end up at the end of an operation with a decimal, completely eliminate the decimal (don't round up, just use the number minus the decimal).

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
O.O I did that for her special attack and I got the same number as what she has in the game for the Special Attack...well, I guess that means it's right..at any rate, If I were to use her in PBR, as she is right now...she would then be beefed up, right? As in...the EV's I gave her would allow her to accomplish her goal? Does my question make sense?

Edit-- If my question doesn't make sense, don't worry about it, I'll just put her on PBR and find out.

Last edited:

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Well, your foes' stats will be adjusted, as well, so certain Speed Points and Damages you wanted to achieve will be altered, but she will still get the proper boosts from the EVs.

For example (all Pokémon have all 31 IVs), a Machamp with 252 Attack EVs and an Adamant Nature using Brick Break will do a maximum damage of 576 on a 252 HP/252 Defense Bold Blissey, which is 80.7%, at Level 100 (for both). In contrast, if they were both Level 50, Machamp would do 296 Damage to the Blissey, which is 81.8% damage (assuming I did calculations correctly). So it does make a bit of a difference, but the EVs WILL be applied.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Oh, ok. Thank you very much.

fast_evo8

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss
Hi I've got a Suicune that I'm thinking of EV training, but I don't know what I should train it in. It's Careful (+ SP. Def - Sp. Atk) and it has 31 IVs in Sp. Atk o.0 according to the IV man in Emerald, so any suggestions?

mew..

What do you want?
Try this. It has some suicune sets and spreads you can use.

hey im just askin about ev training coz im trying to ev train my roserade in SPatk and SPd but i dont know if i did it ryt k this is my roserade's stat

LVL: 59
HP: 151
ATTCK: 90
DEF: 92
SPATCK: 226
SPDEF: 137
SPD: 130
soo do you think its ryt? thankx in advance :)

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
im thinking of ev training a shiny timid zangoose any suggestions to evs and moveset?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
The IVs would be nice, as EVs are dependent on IVs, since EVs are used to reach certain points.

Although Timid isn't a very good nature for Zangoose, since it likes its attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.