• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P EV Guide & Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Hi, im asuming that you can also put IV questions here? Well i went to 2 different sites (Serebii and Smogen) this is what i got.

Bagon - #371 (Adamant)
HP: 10 - 29
Att: 31
Def: 20 - 31
SpA: 0 - 19
SpD: 0 - 19
Speed: 20 - 31

Now is there anyway I can get more persific(s.p?) with the Speed and Def, that is quite a bug difference. Thanks.

The calculations tend to get more and more accurate the higher the level is. You can have a Lv. 100 Wi-Fi battle with a friend (I'm assuming you have Wi-Fi because of the friend code in your sig...) so you can see the stats at Level 100 and get the most accurate possible.

glink0

i've never EV trained before but i plan on it for the battle frontier in plat
i was wondering is there any way to get a good nature a specific Hidden Power and high IV's in the places you want them easily?
or is there no easy way to get all of that?

2b.a.master

this is my first time EV training, and with my starter chimchar. he's a has a hasty nature and when i started he had a speed stat of 11-13 (i dont quite remember). i wanted to give him 192 ev points towards his speed, so i defeated 192 starlys. i even lost the first battle against the rival so i could start with no ev's. so in the end im supposed to end up with an extra 48 points towards my speed stat. at level 18 (from only defeating 192 starly and a rarecandy to check) my speed stat is 42. shouldnt it be from 59-61? am i doing something wrong?

Casimir

Good boy.
No, ev training factors in across levels. The +48 points in speed doesn't automatically add into your speed after one level, it spreads throughout numerous levels. Especially at such a low level, you definitely wont be noticing a huge difference in speed after one level.

You will run across videos/pictures of people getting like +28 in a stat after one level, but i've noticed over time of training a box or two full of pokemon in EVs that usually after level 30 you will start getting stat points in bulk.

As a matter of fact, yesterday EV training a regice I had gotten +18 in Sp.Def when I levelled it up to 31, then another +14 when it reached 32.
My other EV trained stats were getting a large gain as well.

Training a alamos darkrai in SpAttack, I had gotten all of his EVs in that stat, then leveled him up to 51 and got a good +38 in SpAttack.
(Using legendaries as my example, I was forced to start EV training them at a higher level compared to most of my other EV trained pokemon, which are usually egg hatched.)

Anyways, in short, EV training spreads. Once you reach level 100 all of your EVs will no doubt be factored in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.