• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P EV Guide & Discussion V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

1ee7leader

I want to EV train my Ralts in attack,so there are the Gyarados's I want to fight, but I did calculations(no pokerus and only power bracer with protein aswell)
252-100=152/6=25.33333?
Do I battle 25 Gyarados with the Bracer and then battle three without it, I'm not sure...

No, you battle 25 with the Power Bracer(150 EVs) and 1 without(2 EVs + 150 Evs = 152 Evs)

Last edited:

1ee7leader

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
If I have a macho brace on one of my pokemon and fight something that emits 1 EV,will I get 1 or 2 EVs?

2 EVs

Macho Brace doubles the amount of EVs you gain in a battle.

talface

Battler
I have a question:

if i use the Iron, calcium, etc., power item and rare candies then will it give me the same result as in defeating pokemon?

No, Iron and the other stat drugs aren't boosted by the power items. Also, they can only up the stat to 100 EVs so you'll have to get the other 152 EVs by battling pokémon. Rare candies don't look at EVs so you won't see them in your stats.

moochie

Pokemon Breeder
I have a question about Pokemon of the week/day

in ALL of the pokemon of the day/week pages that i've seen (and i've seen a bunch) they all give the ideal EV spread for that pokemon. But something isn't right. Can someone please tell me what's wrong, or if i'm simply overlooking something.

On every page they give an example EV spread such as:

252HP/252attk/4def, or something like: 140hp/252atk/28def/88spd

both of these add up to 508!!

why is that?!

is it because EV's are divisible by four? or is it simply because whoever makes those pages are too lazy to simply put 252/6/252 (=510)

someone PLEASE help me!

what in the world am i over looking? because it can't be a repeated error through every single pokemon of the day/week page in existence...... or could it??? ._.

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
in ALL of the pokemon of the day/week pages that i've seen (and i've seen a bunch) they all give the ideal EV spread for that pokemon. But something isn't right. Can someone please tell me what's wrong, or if i'm simply overlooking something.

On every page they give an example EV spread such as:

252HP/252attk/4def, or something like: 140hp/252atk/28def/88spd

both of these add up to 508!!

why is that?!

is it because EV's are divisible by four? or is it simply because whoever makes those pages are too lazy to simply put 252/6/252 (=510)

someone PLEASE help me!

what in the world am i over looking? because it can't be a repeated error through every single pokemon of the day/week page in existence...... or could it??? ._.

Nothing is wrong with the format

It's just that 2 EVs do nothing to a pokemon's stat so there's no point about it really. Either way, 4 or 6 EVs gains only 1 stat point anyway.

moochie

Pokemon Breeder
Nothing is wrong with the format

It's just that 2 EVs do nothing to a pokemon's stat so there's no point about it really. Either way, 4 or 6 EVs gains only 1 stat point anyway.

That's what i figured, thanks. But i still find it strange that Serebii doesn't bother to just put '6' to make the points equal 510, ohwell.

psychorvs

I've been reading a bunch of stuff and so far I've just been leveling my Pokemon on wild ones that give the EV that I like (made my Rapidash a Speed/Sp.Atk wh0re) while I've been maxing Atk/HP/Def on Tyranitar.

After EV training all the stats, can I get 255 on all? Or is there a different cap? Might sound like a noob question, but I've read different stuff and Serebii's FAQ on it isn't that clear to me. Or that's because it's late.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
You can only get 510 EVs. So, you can only max out two stats. I recommend only giving those 252 each, so that a final stat can get a point.

psychorvs

So basically if I maxed SpAtk and Speed on my Rapidash my other stats will remain at base? Is it somehow possible to max more than two things? I'm totally new to this concept.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Yes, if you max out Speed and Special Attack, you can have four EVs left to boost a stat 1 point.

You don't have to max out a stat; you can give it anywhere from 0 to 252 EVs. 252 because any amount of EVs that isn't divisible by four is wasteful. There are also IVs, which are set in stone, but can make a 32 point difference for a neutral nature stat.

For reference, here are the stat formulae.
HP Stat= (((((2*BaseStat)+IV+(EV/4))*Level)/100)+10)+Level
Stat other than HP= (((((2*BaseStat)+IV+(EV/4))*Level)/100)+5)*Nature

psychorvs

Ah, I see. Thanks. I'm guessing my friend's Charizard that he got over GTS with all EV's maxed is a hacked Pkmn then.

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
Hmm, ok, now i have a question.

I'm going to EV train a Sheildon when i breed one (going for Bold nature), and i had a moveset that i thought was nice. However, i do need some help on EVS (i don't want EVS from Smogon.) The moveset i want is:

Metal Burst
Fire Blast
Iron Head/Rock Slide
Curse

I'm having trouble coming up with my own EV spread. I was thinking of going with
252 Hp/220 Def/18 SpA/18 Atk, but i'm not entirely sure i should. Thanks in advance.

psychorvs

A question about EV's.. ok you can max 2 stats with the 510. But as you start a new game and make your starter fight all different types of Pokemon (you'd be forced to) wouldn't his stats get tossed all over the place with random gains in any stat?

Shadow Tepi 8

Prince of Blue
A question about EV's.. ok you can max 2 stats with the 510. But as you start a new game and make your starter fight all different types of Pokemon (you'd be forced to) wouldn't his stats get tossed all over the place with random gains in any stat?

Yes that is true.

Yes, the EV lowering berries.

Status
Not open for further replies.