• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P for the DS, unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-oh Master

Do you guys think its unfair that D/P is only for the DS?

I do, now I'll have to get a DS :/

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill said:
Yeah, just like it's unfair that R/S and E were on the GBA, adn that Colosseum and XD were on the GC.
It's like an upgrade, dude. It's not unfair, it's the natural process of things. Can you imagine R/S and E being on the GBC? D:

It burns....

I agree with your statement because technology evolves and so do games

Silverwing

Sea Ruby Trainer
It's not unfair. As Hegemon Locke Yggdrasill said, as technology moves, so do the games. Plus, your not going to be the only one that will be buying a DS to play D/P. I remember that when FR and LG came out, the GBA and SP each 100,000 more systems that month.

Eszett

one love
This is a sound business practice. By putting such a popular franchise on a new system, Nintendo can reap the profits from the game and several DSes that will be purchased so that people can buy this game. Considering this is definitely a killer app for the DS or whatever system for which would have been developed, Nintendo's going to be far into the black with the release of D/P.

T BLAZE

ROCK HARD TRAINER>_<
It's not unfair BUT THEY COULD HAVE PUT PEARL OR DIAMOND ON GAME BOY ITS COOL THAT ITS ON DS BUT IT MIGHT BE LAME

Silverwing

Sea Ruby Trainer
but its a cheap way to sell the DS.

You basically just answered the question that came up. It might be cheap, but lots of DS's will get bought and thats all that Nintendo cares about.

L

Lady Chikorita

Yeah I agree, I can't afford a blasted DS! Why can't they put it on almost every consule? They get more money

Dragonfree

Just me
Yeah, like, why don't they just make you play the game on a piece of paper??? Not everybody can afford a friggin' game console! And make the game a pencil. Not everybody can afford a video game, either.

...Yes, that's about how silly you're sounding.

L

Lord Nidokingu

You're just upset cuz you'll be begging your parents for one. >> AmIrite?

ArrEmmDee

I hate the DS.
I'll be getting one for D/P unless they suck as much as RSE did.

I suppose Nintendo knows what it's doing--bothersome, but they're effective.

Fangirl

:/ I own a DS so you know it really doesn't affect me that greatly.
I still prefer the GBA to it though. There's nothing amazingly revolutionary about the touch screen, in fact it makes gameplay several times more diffucult. -.- Try gripping that b*tch a*s stylus in the dead of winter. My joints hurt just thinking about it.
It'd be nice to have an alternate version on GBA, similar to Mysterious Dungeon, if only for the sake of those of us inept with a f*cking stick of plastic, but then there's nothing I nor anyone else can do about it.

Let's just hope it's not amazingly reliant on the touch screen.

Wes

Iblis Wings
The better technology the better the game should be. On the DS it can probably intoduce many new concepts into Pokemon. Besides...the DS has tons of killer games beside Pokemon so don't worry if you;'re just buying a system for one game...you might as well enjoy the others too as well.

Jupetta

It is all for the best as it would make the graphics/whatever better... but I own a DS so the money problem isn't that bad for me.
~;354;

L

Lord Nidokingu

On second thought, I think they should go back to the NES, or the original black and white gameboy. [/sarcasm]

Zora

perpetually tired
Ushi No Tane said:
:/ I own a DS so you know it really doesn't affect me that greatly.
I still prefer the GBA to it though. There's nothing amazingly revolutionary about the touch screen, in fact it makes gameplay several times more diffucult. -.- Try gripping that b*tch a*s stylus in the dead of winter. My joints hurt just thinking about it.
It'd be nice to have an alternate version on GBA, similar to Mysterious Dungeon, if only for the sake of those of us inept with a f*cking stick of plastic, but then there's nothing I nor anyone else can do about it.

Let's just hope it's not amazingly reliant on the touch screen.

Well Touch Screen isn't only new thing.
Double Speakers
Rumble Pack (it isn't the best thing but...)
Mic
MEMORY (we have more)

Rufinito18

mE Entertainment
thats 1 reason I will not be playing DP anytime soon....I just bought my PSP and I would never trade it for tha ugly looking box :p Anyhow, I bought PSP cause a ff is ocming out on it...the games sell the consoles....its always been that

Status
Not open for further replies.