• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P Glitch discussion thread

mew..

What do you want?
my darkrai use hypnois nightmare then the opponent lost half its health 0.0....
not sure if this is a glitch, bt its freaky to me..

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Well most of mine are on my Japanese version:
Besides the Elite FOur Glitch (FTW), I've gotten the glitch pokemon and once a regular trainer sent out a shiny (dunno if it was a glitch or not, but it ticked me off because I wanted it :p ) Later I got trapped ON TOP of a jump hedge, I didn't save out of fear of being stuck forever.

Pimplup784

Back in Blue?
I haven't come across any glitches so far thankfully.

mew..

What do you want?
ran into another glitch....rivals staratpotrs close combat koed darkrai when it had focus slash, no damage done to it @___@

DrEnzyme

all-round player
What do those words mean?

Load line: A place in the game that will load a new part of the map when you walk over it

Disjointedly: Spasmodically, Unpredictably.

There's videos on youtube of people playing around with that glitch. Search for "Tweaking Glitch"

my darkrai use hypnois nightmare then the opponent lost half its health 0.0....
not sure if this is a glitch, bt its freaky to me..

Did you take into account Bad Dreams when you posted this? Cos Bad Dreams + Nightmare = a lot of damage.

Jirachibow

#1 Munchlax Fan
Once I went to the sarfari zone and went on the train and it stopped I didn't come,and I could walk around inside the train. Another glitch would be when my egg with an eevee, then when hatched it was all glitched up,and when I checked it's stats it was all normal,except it had a a ribbon which was called ?????.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Once I went to the sarfari zone and went on the train and it stopped I didn't come,and I could walk around inside the train. Another glitch would be when my egg with an eevee, then when hatched it was all glitched up,and when I checked it's stats it was all normal,except it had a a ribbon which was called ?????.

you ever use Action Replay or something like that with your game?

HellDhampir

Vampire Hunter
whats softresetting
its when you turn it on and off to try to get a shiny pokemon out of it
for example rayquaza
you save in front of the rayquaza and if it not a shiny when you get in a battle it reset until you find it is a shiny rayquaza

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Actually, a soft reset's when one presses some buttons that has the effect of a reset. Hard resets are using the switch at the side to turn it off.

Once I entered one of my shiny zangooses in a contest and its sprite wasn't facing the judges, like it's supposed to.
I don't think it has anything to do with shinies though, as I entered a shiny graveller in a contest and there was nothing wrong with it. Strange if you ask me.

Crasher

I keep beating Cynthia, but when Prof. Rowan coms and talks, instead of walking through the door into the hall of fame, I just walk through the door into the darkness and tells me I'm in Florama meadow. I can't walk backwards, only left right and forward.

Mira

I have an early Japanese Pearl version with the Darkrai glitch. Should I take the opportunity to go and capture him? Or do most people count this as a hacked Pokemon. I am also getting a Diamond version for any American Pokemon events that might occur. I am just not sure on whether people are OK with getting Darkrai through the glitch if you actually have one pf the few versions where it is possible.

firewall

don't pee in my lake
While on the GTS I was browsing. I looked up milotic under lv9 and one weird 'glitch' came up. One person was offering a male milotic but the picture was a celebi instead of a milotic! It said milotic on it. Celebi was what the person was seeking.

Found that quite odd.

Larry

had 2 pokemon in my party and i tried to deposite dragonite and it wouldnt let me it said it was my last pokemon

The Smell

< Proud Owner!
Once I entered one of my shiny zangooses in a contest and its sprite wasn't facing the judges, like it's supposed to.
I don't think it has anything to do with shinies though, as I entered a shiny graveller in a contest and there was nothing wrong with it. Strange if you ask me.

This has happened to me. It happens with Budew and Roserade. Not sure about Roselia.

~Smell

Suicunerider

wave requiem
I find trying to use the WTC cloning glitch to be way too much hassle. My game NEVER reaches eight turns, and it always varies dramatically as to when it does stop. I've only gotten it to work twice, and I will probably never use it again. Emerald glitch is way more reliable.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I saw a Lv 4 Staravia and a Lv 4 Bibarel in Lake Verity. My Pokedex says they're not supposed to be there. I actually caught the Staravia and managed to trade it on the GTS for a Garchomp, but I ran out of Pokeballs trying to catch Bibarel:mad:

Curse you, Bibarel and your ridiculously high catch rate!

CleoCosette

Glitter and be Gay!
My friend put a Gastly and Bidoof in the Daycare and the egg hatched into Mudkip.
I wish I had a glitch like that...