• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P Glitch discussion thread

eddot

tweaking glitch works i got into the inn but i am so stuppit i pressed the game off to eat =( tweaking is:press and hold up the right left (you can do it witch down left right etc. to) ..... tweak at caneleave vary hard!! and je can go trough the door of that inn have a nice try

DrEnzyme

all-round player
So, two people have found their dittos with a different movepool. One with dunsparce, one with Victreebell...

This means that this glitch is replicable... Somehow...

Any ideas on how it might be done?

Blake.S

So I have noticed that two people have doubled post seems serious lol.
Anyway i think that tweaking was cool at first but now I think that I may just wait for the event items.
Anyway about the ditto thing, ditto is like a clonning pokemon so maybe when you trade it over who knows it might copy other moves.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
Phantom: The character always kneels to save somehow. Must be part Psychic.

Try and stop playing your game for a couple of days. When you play it again, you will see the pages of a notebook, which for example says:
"Staravia caught (Night)
Beat Elite Four Flint
Used the Explorer Kit"
And so on. If you look closely, you'll see, that the character is holding a tiny notebook. The character isn't a psychic, he/she just has a very bad memory.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
So, two people have found their dittos with a different movepool. One with dunsparce, one with Victreebell...

This means that this glitch is replicable... Somehow...

Any ideas on how it might be done?

The glitch in only in the Japanese version. It happens when a Ditto that has transformed into another Pokemon and is KOed. It will then have the move set that the Pokemon it transformed into had.
It's quite annoying realy. You have to keep using the move relearner/deleter to get it back to normal.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
The glitch in only in the Japanese version. It happens when a Ditto that has transformed into another Pokemon and is KOed. It will then have the move set that the Pokemon it transformed into had.
It's quite annoying realy. You have to keep using the move relearner/deleter to get it back to normal.

i have the european version and it still has the moveset of my marowak

DrEnzyme

all-round player
So it's a major problem in the japanese version and still present in the European version. Has anyone tried to do a smeargle type thing with this glitch and get the moveset of some really powerful pokemon?

Hauntshadow

Hey man!
A wild Lv.53 Golduck just got KO'ed by my Lv.20 Plusle By just 1 spark. I think the game got confused because Plusle only recieved about 400 EXP. points. o__O

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
A wild Lv.53 Golduck just got KO'ed by my Lv.20 Plusle By just 1 spark. I think the game got confused because Plusle only recieved about 400 EXP. points. o__O

lol.... the game must have thought the golduck was level 20 or something.

and about that ditto glitch, thats cool. Imagine if you transformed into something like giratina and learn shadow force and used it in competitive battling lol!

Shellos

From the East Sea!
My Sneasel's sprite is backwards during contests. And I think I remember my Roselia having a backwards sprite too during contests...other than that, no glitches.

NotChip

®™
What's this "tweaking glitch" that people keep on mentioning in random posts?
And how do you perform this glitch?

DrEnzyme

all-round player
It's a moderately difficult glitch to perform.

Basically, you find a load line in the game, get on your bike and spazmodically move towards the load line. If you move fast and disjointedly enough, the game bugs out and doesn't load the next area properly. It's quite interesting, but so far no one has found any practical uses for it (like getting the event legendaries).

Tailwind~

My Sneasel's sprite is backwards during contests. And I think I remember my Roselia having a backwards sprite too during contests...other than that, no glitches.

That's not a glitch actually. Any Pokémon that has a certain difference on one side of their body will be like that in contests.

It does it with Absol and many other Pokémon as well.

Hauntshadow

Hey man!
Waterfall made a wild Staravia flinch. But my Politoed was holding a Splash Plate!

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Waterfall has a 20% chance of flinching, smaller than Air Slash and Headbutt's 30%, but still nasty.

I'm not trying any glitches, as I prefer having a clean game that works. That and my Manaphy's too precious to destroy...

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
You know when you come into Hearthrome the first time, that Buneary and that girl, Kira or something, see you? Well, when I beat the game, I went back to Hearthrome and the place restarted! That Kira girl and her Buneary's sprites were merged and stuck where they appeared in the game (they're still there.), Fantina appeared in front of the Contest Hall again (she left.) and that guy in the Contest Hall gave me Poffin again!

How wierd!

I left my game for a while and came back to it a few weeks later and my Level 100 Japanese EV trained Electivire was gone. Happened to me in all my games now. T_T

MudkipMagix

Mud!Kip!
It's a moderately difficult glitch to perform.

Basically, you find a load line in the game, get on your bike and spazmodically move towards the load line. If you move fast and disjointedly enough, the game bugs out and doesn't load the next area properly. It's quite interesting, but so far no one has found any practical uses for it (like getting the event legendaries).

What do those words mean?