• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P Glitch discussion thread

randomspot555

The Japanse versions of the game have more glitches than the English versions e.g. players being stuck in a wall in-game, or reaching previously unreachable areas only thought to be accessible with a Nintendo event, which may lead to the loss of your saved game.

It has more glitches, but you won't actually lose your game using the E4 Surf Glitch.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Actually it is possible to tweak to darkrai/shaymin but it's VERY hard. You need to go step by step. Im going to try to catch them later can't wait untill i get a shiny one. Sr ftw! Also there's a weird glitch you can walk through regigigas's arms. But that's just graphics.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
Today, when I was trying to get my Timid Synch Abra knocked out for chaining, a wild Ponyta knocked it out and the "Use next Pokemon" and "Flee" boxes appeared. I pressed "Flee," but instead of saying "Got Away Safely!" it said "The wild Ponyta fled!" is this a glitch?

randomspot555

Today, when I was trying to get my Timid Synch Abra knocked out for chaining, a wild Ponyta knocked it out and the "Use next Pokemon" and "Flee" boxes appeared. I pressed "Flee," but instead of saying "Got Away Safely!" it said "The wild Ponyta fled!" is this a glitch?

Wild Pokemon can flee. Not a glitch.

firelovindocker

is it normal EVERY pokemon in ur PC to not be realesed
thats wat happened to my friend

Jaguar297

I'm back!
One time, I was in the Safari Zone, I found a legit Psyduck, but then for some weird reason, my game froze!!!!!! NO!!!!!! I said, it was my first legit real shiny I found in the wild, but my game froze, then I turned it back on, I looked in my PC and ZOMFG! A shiny Psyduck in my PC, I didn't even catch it!

Master Marc Spirt

Poké Master de 3rd
I think someone on wifi traded me a hacked pokemon in pokemon D/P and now my game is slowing down and sometimes it sticks and the screen gets brighter and brighter.If anyone knows about this glitch,please PM me.
PS. am not so sure if a person wifi gave me a hack pokemon that is causing this glitch,it must be if my sister ever thrower down my DS.
EDITMy DS was put in spanosh so it glitched up my Diamond pokemon game,lol.It's working great now because i changed it back to english.

Last edited:

Woopman

Wooptrainer
When I have a hacked Arceus on my team, the game freezes when I find a Pokemon at the Pal Park.

randomspot555

When I have a hacked Arceus on my team, the game freezes when I find a Pokemon at the Pal Park.

That's a well known glitch. Fortunately, it just freezes. Re-load from your save point, take Arceus out before going to Pal Park, and you'll be fine.

I think someone on wifi traded me a hacked pokemon in pokemon D/P and now my game is slowing down and sometimes it sticks and the screen gets brighter and brighter.If anyone knows about this glitch,please PM me.
PS. am not so sure if a person wifi gave me a hack pokemon that is causing this glitch,it must be if my sister ever thrower down my DS.
EDITMy DS was put in spanosh so it glitched up my Diamond pokemon game,lol.It's working great now because i changed it back to english.

Someone THROWING YOUR DS is much more likely a cause of any problem than a hack Pokemon.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
Wild Pokemon can flee. Not a glitch.

When can wild Pokemon flee? I only thought the wandering legendaries or the version mascot on the Spear Pillar could, or Pokemon using the "Flee from battle" moves like Roar.

randomspot555

When can wild Pokemon flee? I only thought the wandering legendaries or the version mascot on the Spear Pillar could, or Pokemon using the "Flee from battle" moves like Roar.

Ok, I'm not 100% certain since it's been a while since I've played the main 20 hour game. But I'm fairly certain regular wild Pokemon can flee from battle.

Someone else chime in who has more recently played the main games, please.

Ammako

Did you actually read what he said??

He said he pressed "Flee" and instead of saying "Got away safely!" it said "Wild Ponyta fled!"

He pressed the Flee button. Pressed the Flee button. He pressed the Flee button.

Did I say it enough times?

Last edited:

randomspot555

Did you actually read what he said??

He said he pressed "Flee" and instead of saying "Got away safely!" it said "Wild Ponyta fled!"

He pressed the Flee button. Pressed the Flee button. He pressed the Flee button.

Did I say it enough times?

Yes, I did. And I raised the question of if wild Pokemon also have the option of fleeing. I thought so, but said I haven't played the main game in some time and asked for clarification. Go flame me in your livejournal or whatever rather than here, but if you want to help out, answer this question:

Do wild Pokemon (outside of the legendaries already stated) have the option of fleeing?

Larry

I have never seen a regular wild Pokemon flee...other than Safari Zone or Legends...

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Yes, I did. And I raised the question of if wild Pokemon also have the option of fleeing. I thought so, but said I haven't played the main game in some time and asked for clarification. Go flame me in your livejournal or whatever rather than here, but if you want to help out, answer this question:

Do wild Pokemon (outside of the legendaries already stated) have the option of fleeing?

In the safari zone they can.

It appears not to be a glitch, but a result of chance. It probably fled before you did. Some pokemon outside of legnedaries and the Safari Zone have the ability to flee.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
Ponyta can have the Run Away ability, so that solves it.