• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P Glitch discussion thread

Ammako

This is not a glitch, and not everyone knows it since my friend didn't know it.

You can get Shaymin and Darkrai with Tweaking Glitch, but it is harder to perform than in early Japanese games. It works because you tweak, then you walk up to the right place and end up behind a door, wich makes it possible to walk the right amount of steps to get to Darkrai/Shaymin.

pokehorse

i heart manga!!!
its probably a regular glitch, but my game froze-twice.

Penguinist Trainer

I don't think this is considered a glitch but it should be.

The GTS doesn't let you look up pokemon that your pokedex hasn't recorded.
The Battle Tower pokemon don't count towards the pokemon you've seen.

What's the point of trading for pokemon you don't have if you can't ask for them because you haven't seen them. What's the point of battling a pokemon if you don't get any recognition for seeing it.

zipzap713

@Peteyism

The Battle Tower pokemon don't count towards the pokemon you've seen.

What's the point of trading for pokemon you don't have if you can't ask for them because you haven't seen them. What's the point of battling a pokemon if you don't get any recognition for seeing it.
Those are not glitches, but the way the game is intended to be.

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
my game was glitched when i got it, so, i was walking in grass, right when a pokemon attacked, and guess what, it was.....! missingno, somehow, somehow, some idiot managed to find a way to get missingno, and yeah, thats all.

randomspot555

my game was glitched when i got it, so, i was walking in grass, right when a pokemon attacked, and guess what, it was.....! missingno, somehow, somehow, some idiot managed to find a way to get missingno, and yeah, thats all.

Missingno isn't in the game. Hasn't been in any game since Gen I.

You also can't just magically encounter DP Box or shiny invisible Bulbasaur. You have to use a cheat device.

So yeah, you're either lying, delusional, or purchased a ROM fan-made hack with Missingno inserted into it.

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Once again by a friend, put 1,000 honeys on a tree to get a Deoxys and 5,000 for a shiney one.(Don't know for sure heard it from a friend that they did it. I'm going to be testing it soon and I'll post it.)

If you haven't seen it you don't know it exists.
And yellow Aura... No.

Sinnoh Champ Cynthia.

Going to Mexico! ^-^
In Eterna City, I was using cut to get in the galactic buliding but that little rectangle that covers the screen didn't show up. Strange heh?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Okay when I went underground to my base It said *it's an earthquake*
Also when I have arceus in my party (Got in a trade with pokehorse from a guy name TYTY who got arceus from AR) When I got to pal park it freezes when Arce is in my party whenever I saw a Pokemon I needed to transfer..
When ARCE is out of my party and in my box... It doesn't freeze...
What is the cause of this are these glitches?

randomspot555

Okay when I went underground to my base It said *it's an earthquake*
Also when I have arceus in my party (Got in a trade with pokehorse from a guy name TYTY who got arceus from AR) When I got to pal park it freezes when Arce is in my party whenever I saw a Pokemon I needed to transfer..
When ARCE is out of my party and in my box... It doesn't freeze...
What is the cause of this are these glitches?

1. Underground: Doesn't that happen in normal Underground play?

2. Not a glitch. It's designed to freeze when Arceus is in your party during Pal Park.

Rusted

Not sure if this entirely a glitch but I'll post it anyways..

I got up to the Tower Tycoon on a 21 streak, for the second time I think..and like usual, the nurse lady asks "Are you ready to battle the Tower Tycoon?". I accidentally click on 'Rest' and then press B to go back, however this time she says "Are your ready to battle opponent no.7?"...I was like 'Hmm, ok sure.' Then out of the door walks the character model of not the Tycoon, but one of those guys that wear glasses, however he said something along the lines of "I the Tower Tycoon will battle you now"...or whatever.

When the battle starts, yep, its the sprite for the Tycoon and all of this Pokemon are the same for the 21-Streak. Now I dunno if this a glitch or not, I've only been playing Diamond for a few weeks now, but I only won 4BP...I was expecting the 20BP that I won when I beat him the first time..

Normal or ripped off?

Mence Master

<- Most Recent Shiny
Yeah, I know it's intentional, but why would they have done that to Pal Park & Arceus?

Rusted: That's an odd glitch, and I've seen a video, but I think it's just because once you hit Rest, it kinda stalls, and is expecting you to leave, but instead you kept going, so that must have been the cause. And it's always the guy with the glasses that comes out, too.
Odd.
What's even stranger, is how he says that, as it's only a single line of text, and it usually isn't spoken.
Maybe it is intentional.

Has anyone ever had the trouble of being forced to battle somebody you have already faced?

goinGreen

&lt;-I herd u Liek me?
Okay, so... I tweaked in my game to achieve the legit Darkrai (but it's from a glitch, so it's hardly legit.)

The thing is, I can't seem to catch it. It's the lv. 40 one, and my Staraptor's quick attack brings it to yellow in one hit (which is kinda lame, since Staraptor is at lv. 53) and even when using a quickball, I can never get it to even roll once. The most I've ever had was simply throwing a pokeball at it at full health, it got two roles and broke free.

I'm currently soft reseting. The glitch works, though.

Alder

Come at me bro
Can someone explain to me what exactly the tweaking glitch does and how to do it?

Someone purdy please explain to me wha tthe tweakign glitch is???

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
Dunno if this happened to anyone else..
It's only been once for me.. Moving on, well I was getting ready to battle Azelf, and walked up to it like usual..
Soon after getting a few steps close to Azelf my game froze for a split second. When it came back I was underneath Azelf's sprite.
It was weird, especially since I couldn't move out from under it. I had to restart my DS..
Luckily it didn't happen again.
My game has always been pretty glitchy.. it's a used game, so maybe the previous owner messed around with it too much.