• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Ok...I looked and didn't see anything on this.... With all the screenshots of Ranger and Dungeon, I'm beginning to wander if the graphics for Diamond and Pearl are going to have similar garphics.. I would love it if they did,as long as the battle scense are 2D like the other games.... Personally I like the graphics so far they're clear(er) than the other games and they stand out [to me anyway] What are your thoughts or opinions on this?...

*Discuss*

Diamond and Pearl

KirbyXD

Good Night!
I hope it looks 2D too i guess. If it was 3D it would be braking originality. Since all portable pokemon games are 2D, I think it should stay like that or half and half.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
KirbyXD said:
I hope it looks 2D too i guess. If it was 3D it would be braking originality. Since all portable pokemon games are 2D, I think it should stay like that or half and half.

My thoughts exactly...(Great minds think alike) [I'm soo modest]

Diamond and Pearl

KirbyXD

Good Night!
yeah. Guess what I did in school.

topic. If it was 3D it would be a vast region to explore or to small like in GBA games the regions are vast and each one has good details and if it was 3D then they would just cram in the whole region and would mess up the game.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
KirbyXD said:
yeah. Guess what I did in school.

topic. If it was 3D it would be a vast region to explore or to small like in GBA games the regions are vast and each one has good details and if it was 3D then they would just cram in the whole region and would mess up the game.

Kinda like they did with Orre???

Diamond and Pearl

Samayowa

you amaze me.
KirbyXD said:
I haven't played it but I seen screenshots and yes they srewed up. They should stick with 2D.

That's one of the reasons I made this thread..because everybody (I overexagerated) wants it to be 3D when in reality it would just ruin the game...that's why I want it to be like Ranger and Mysterious Dungeon graphics.

Diamond and Pearl

Light Wolf

Holy Wolf of Light
I liked Col/XD graphics, but I still prefer 2D for handhelds. I like the graphics of Ranger.
Mmmmm, I'm not sure but I think I've seen this discussion in a previous thread.

Volteon

Back I guess??
for me the 3rd gen grafics are perfect! I can´t see more impovement in 2D grafics, ah, I prefer the 2D ones, simple and complex at the same time.

Orion

Psychic Master
In my personal opinion, I DON'T want 3D graphics. I think than the Yoshi, Touch & Go! and/or Mario & Luigi, Partners in Time, would be great graphics for Pokemon Diamond & Pearl.

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
I don't really care how it looks at this point, as long as the game is good.

But in all seriousness, I've always prefered my games in the second dimention.

Light Wolf

Holy Wolf of Light
Jolteon ^..^ said:
for me the 3rd gen grafics are perfect! I can´t see more impovement in 2D grafics, ah, I prefer the 2D ones, simple and complex at the same time.
What are you talknig about!!!??? Look at other GBA games, like Golden Sun. Now think that D/P are for the DS. The graphics can be a lot better without leaving 2D.
Ranger's ones seem nice to me, at least.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Light_Wolf said:
What are you talknig about!!!??? Look at other GBA games, like Golden Sun. Now think that D/P are for the DS. The graphics can be a lot better without leaving 2D.
Ranger's ones seem nice to me, at least.

I too love Ranger's graphics...still 2D with some 3D qualities..^_^

Diamond and Pearl

tinfoil

I would like something like sonic rush's grafics. Mainly 2D with some 3d thrown in for important things

B

bass_forte

2D with First-person views would be nice. Another option I would like is Megaman Battle Network: 1-3 style overworld graphics. Something like this.

For battles, it would be ultra-spiffy if there was an actual animation for each attack, but I find that unlikely. Actually, it's not that unlikely... you wouldn't need that many frames for each Pokémon...

Last edited by a moderator:

pokemon master:Stranger

Surprise buttsecks!
ok what a lot of people are thinking oh DS can not do 3D well shut up idiots the DS is more powerful then the N64 and there was stadium games that where 3D so whats the problem with 3D then, none apart from the game would have the bland attacks that where on colosseum but 3D is a great idea for battles but for the walking bits 2D is better.

MaskedManAbsolkid

pokemon master:Stranger said:
ok what a lot of people are thinking oh DS can not do 3D well shut up idiots the DS is more powerful then the N64 and there was stadium games that where 3D so whats the problem with 3D then, none apart from the game would have the bland attacks that where on colosseum but 3D is a great idea for battles but for the walking bits 2D is better.

What are you talking about? We didn't mention that it can't do 3D, we were only saying that it looks better in 2D, which I agree with >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.