• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P legends

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
My friend reckon that Cresselia is weak for some reason...they probably don't know how to EV train it. o_O

Paj Meen Ah

In For The Kill
Hate the deluge of legendaries this generation. Most add nothing to the game.

I'd prefer a couple of original pokemon to add to the game proper...something break the monotony of geodude and Zubat maybe? I never like legendaries really, it's unrealistic to have al these one of a kind, god-like pokemon waiting in your PC to be used.

Black Diaruga

Chahuistle
Paj Meen Ah said:
Hate the deluge of legendaries this generation. Most add nothing to the game.
This generation?

What did Articuno, Entei or Registeel add to the other games?
Anything aside of optional Pokémon to catch...? Nothing? Thought so.

Soul Silver95

personally i thinks there are too much in this new generation. it makes them seen less awsome seeing as there are so many of them

mech king1

Fire trainer
i think the new legendaries are ok, but i still prefer the legendaries from kanto and johto.

bleachaddict

Death God
When you see Palkia at spear pillar he looks like a mexican wrestler.

Calm PokeMaster

Another reason:Heatran has 3 less Base Speed than a Magikarp.(True.)

I was shocked when I found that out.

It pretty much fits;look how ugly and disgusting his face is.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
There are way to many Legendarys in Gen 4. [WARNING: The following are all my opinions!]

I don't like Lake trio, they could not exist for all I care
Palkia/Dialga/Giratina aren't my favorites, but Dialga's pretty cool.
Cresselia and Darkrai are awesome, but not really legendary worthy.
Manaphy shouldn't be legendary. We don't need two uber Pokemon in one Gen, and out of the two of them, Shaymin wins.
Phione goes with Manaphy.
Regigigas...what a god awful mess that one is.
Heatran shouldn't be legendary.
Shaymin rocks.
Arceus rocks.

Sprintking

Only one more than 3rd gen, wich had 8.

Actually, the 3rd gen had 10 (Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Registeel, Regice, Regirock, Latias, Latios, Jirachi, Deoxys).

That being said, I think they overdid it a little bit. With so many legendaries it takes away from the importance of those that actually deserve to be one. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were good. Cresselia seems like the latis and I liked having to hunt it down. The lake trio comes off as the weak counterparts of the birds, dogs, and regis. If Regigas didn't have his terrible ability and had been given arceus' role, I think he would've worked excellently. Shamin was the token "cute" legendary (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi,). Heatran, Phione, and Manaphy shouldn't be classified as legendary, just hard to get normal pokemon. Darkrai was well designed in my mind and it did provide a good storyline for PMD2, although 3 event pokemon is pushing it. Arceus is the "ultimate" pokemon, which is cool, but hopefully he stays very rare and doesn't make his way into competitive battling.

The legendaries they should've included: Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Regigas (as the god pokemon). 7 is a much more appropriate amount.

But that's just my opinion.

frozenthunder

Master Breeder
Personally, I like most of the Legendaries, especially Darkrai. I have nothing against any of them.

i have the same feeling there are reasons to hate them cuz of their move combos but you shouldnt hate the pokemon themselves just cuz of the way they look

Farmermon

Is back once again!
i think their cool... but many of them weren't necessary or could've been used for ideas for another generation

Ampy

Light The Stars
Well, obviously we need Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina because they are the ones the 4th gen games are based on... but Manaphy, Heatran, the lake trio and especially Phione should have just been exceedingly rare Pokemon that you can only get one of like Rotom

i agree that there are definitely too many legendaries in DPPt.
like ampy said, manaphy and phione. how many times have you even seen one in competetive battling. the lake trio are also kinda over-rated. they were only used for the storyline and considering they're all psychic type there are many pokemon able to pick them off in one move in the metagame tiers. i still dont understand why they made arcues tho. why the heck would you make a god pokemon. wasnt mew the beginning of pokemon? just my thoughts

AlCario

Banned
I agree with you. A god pokemon, WTF? Poor Mew seems to be forgotten, although it isn't really a god pokemon. Soon, there'll be another God Pokemon, and once there's three there will be A Pokemon that is the master of those three. Anyway, I doubt it would go that far. It's just that I don't really like the concept of a "God Pokemon".

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
Well here are my opinions on them

Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. Pretty much hate them, they're all just plain ugly and the only reason they need to be here is for the fact that the games are made for them.

Lake trio. My favourite legendarys from this gen, they're small and powerfull and kinda cute.

Heatran. Everyone dislikes him, I don't but I don't like it either. It's better than some others.

Regigigas. Dislike him too due to the terrible ability it doesn't deserve. I mean come on, the first five turns your attack and speed halved? That's just not fear. And you need the other regis before you can catch him.

Cresselia. Next to Shaymin this just doesn't look like a legendary too me. It's a good pokemon but what's its legend?

Phion/Manaphy. Manaphy is still pretty good, but phione is just cheap. Why a breedable legendary that has pretty worthless stats?

Darkrai. It looks pretty cool and it has pretty nice stats so I think this one is pretty neat.

Shaymin. Why is this a legendary pokemon?!?!? It can transform with a flower. Wow how awesome. That would mean Cherrim is a legendary too!

Arceus. Pretty nice poke with a cool gimmick of changing forms, but this should be the ultimate pokemon then? Because it's God, nothing should be able to defeat it. That's the thing that bugs me, other than that, an ok legendary.

This would be my longest post ever lol.