• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P/Pt vs. HG/SS

VIA

<<< Recent Shiny
Im getting one tomorrow since my platinum broke. Not sure I wanna play sinnoh for the 5th time. What do you think?

kadabra spoon

Silver Emerald...
ss is cool.
you can catch more pokemon with ss

Diamond/pearl and platinum do hold a special place for me being the first Gen 4 game...

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
If you've played the Sinnoh games a few times before, then I recommend HG/SS because it's pretty awesome too.

menonabhi123

< Latest LeafGreen SR.
hg/ss would be a much better option since you can catch a lot more pokemon as compared to d/p/pt, and if you've played platinum 4 times, its about time you check out the 2nd gen remake...

Dark Sharpedo

s tier of dopeness
I have never played Platinum, but I do own Diamond, Pearl, and Soulsilver.
ATM, I must say that SS is amazing, and towers over D/P but I do still have to try out Platinum...

Aegon

Definitely get HGSS if you've played DPPt quite a few times. I slightly prefer Platinum over DP and HGSS, but HGSS do have some lovely features.

SoulSilver/HeartGold, in my opinion the pokemon games started going down when Diamond/Pearl hit. It's probably just me liking the older pokemon though. :/

Kalosian

So long
No matter how many times you have played it, I think you should get Platinum. I never liked HG/SS as much as the 11 people above me, so I cannot recommend them. However, if you can, get both Platinum and either HG or SS.

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
I'd recommend D/P/Pt. Well, maybe that's because I never bought HG/SS Anyways, if you really want a Johto remake, like I did, but eventually decided I'll buy B/W instead, then I think you should buy HeartGold. Why? Look at my username, then look at HeartGold's version mascot.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
If you're bored of Sinnoh play HG or SS. If not I would recommend Platinum though.

B-Dawg47

Get HG/SS since you've already played D/P/Pt.