• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

D/P/Pt. vs. HG/SS

Which Game is Better?

• Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Votes: 80 65.6%

• Total voters

⊙ᴗ⊙
You can't make me choose between my two favorites! Never!

(It's a tie)

pokedon

Water raging sprite
I felt like HGSS had a much better post game. And it also had a lot more to do than DPPt. I also felt like HGSS was much harder than DPPt.

Wolfram74

Shiny Feebas
D/P/Pt had an awesome storyline, but the Pokemon sucked horribly. HG/SS had cool stuff like changeable Safari zone, and the Hoenn/Sinnoh sounds on Radio that helps significantly to complete the national dex.

Dodrio Can't Flap

Crackers & Snacks
HG/SS by a landslide. A majority of the Sinnoh Pokemon are huge disappointments to me, and I found the region in general annoying to traverse. Graphics were quite nasty, too. I'm replaying Diamond version right now, and oh god, I cannot get over how bad some of it looks.

However, Johto is probably my second favourite region next to Hoenn, and although a lot of the Pokemon introduced were somewhat lame, the good ones far outnumbered the bad ones in my opinion. Plus, so many new features. The running shoes button needs to be brought back some day, as does the Pokemon following you feature. So HG/SS wins, basically.

ebevan91

Honestly I think the selection for Pokemon suck in these games. Things get more repetitive each time you play the game. Platinum may be a little better though.

I guess it's understandable for HGSS since you only get 2 generations worth of Pokemon for half the game.

Ragin Riolu

For some reason, HG/SS was the worst Pokemon game I have ever played. I dont know why, I just feel this way. Platinum was definitely my favorite out of all these options.

ToeyJoey

The Count
HGSS. It's hardly a contest... DPt to me, were a great set of games but they were never going to be able to top the best Generation. Of course Gen II had its flaws, the levels were ridiculous across the board, wild Pokemon especially. HGSS did not fix this. It hardly tried. Whitney's Pokemon each went down a level... But, the battery had run dry on GSC and this was a nostalgia kick if even there was one, and Quagsire had Waterfall in Gen 4. I could care less for wlaking Pokemon, without it even it easily wins. The GB Sounds were the coup de grâce.

Swampert is my Homeboy

Ki Ki Ki Ma Ma Ma
DPPt, I've never been that fond of Gen two. I did like how Pokemon could now walk behind their trainers, something I wish had been in BW. I prefer the Pokemon that DPPt introduced in general to those of Gen two. Both of the region's layouts were decent to me.

Titanium Tyranitar

HGSS because the johto region is one of my favorite regions plus you get to go to kanto and walk around with you're pokemon which is super cool and Lugia is my favourite legendary who is the mascot of soul silver :)

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
HGSS because the grass patches looked great for me, there was 3 generations of starters, it remade two regions and made it feel complete (well, not Kanto) and I overall prefer the speed of HGSS to DPPt.

Now that I think about it, the reasons I gave were pretty lame :p
Aw well, HGSS had what I needed, and it felt more well made than DPPt, even though I prefer the Sinnoh region. I still like Sinnoh though.