• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Nice! I have an idea: none of your Pokemon can know an attacking move, it can only be status moves!

Oh, that's already on there. The "peaceful Funday Monday" where you are not allowed to directly attack the enemy under any circumstance (Taunt will be banned for that one). An obvious follow-up of "beat-the-face Funday Monday" where you are ONLY allowed to attack. No status moves!

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Do you actually know how hyped i got with rotation? Anyway i really want to try it some more myself. So here's a question:

Are we (gym leaders/E4 members) allowed to have multiply battle stules available?
If yes could you add rotation to my available styles?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Do you actually know how hyped i got with rotation? Anyway i really want to try it some more myself. So here's a question:

Are we (gym leaders/E4 members) allowed to have multiply battle stules available?
If yes could you add rotation to my available styles?

Yes. Now that the rule is there to change challenger teams per each battle format, all leaders can use as many battle styles as you are able to handle. If you feel like a single battle on a particular day, go ahead. Feel like triples? That's fine too.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Yes. Now that the rule is there to change challenger teams per each battle format, all leaders can use as many battle styles as you are able to handle. If you feel like a single battle on a particular day, go ahead. Feel like triples? That's fine too.

Great! I also came up with a terrible gimmick wanna see it?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Great! I also came up with a terrible gimmick wanna see it?

I'd like to, but I have to go somewhere pretty soon, so I can't see it in a battle. You can PM me with the details if you want.
A gimmicky leader, eh? Oh, I was that at one point in the leagues. Delivering laughter to those who witnessed the power of pure fire.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
I'd like to, but I have to go somewhere pretty soon, so I can't see it in a battle. You can PM me with the details if you want.
A gimmicky leader, eh? Oh, I was that at one point in the leagues. Delivering laughter to those who witnessed the power of pure fire.
Meh this is just for fun (but i'll make it to being that) i'll pm you later on then (this would be the basics of it since i haven't found anything better). I hope i can make it to being that (but being a gimmicky E4 member won't get me many battles)

Any chance you'll be adding a frontier section too?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Meh this is just for fun (but i'll make it to being that) i'll pm you later on then (this would be the basics of it since i haven't found anything better). I hope i can make it to being that (but being a gimmicky E4 member won't get me many battles)

Any chance you'll be adding a frontier section too?

If we get enough people joining up, then sure. The Battle Factory has always intrigued me (the only facility in Generation IV where I did not get the colored symbol), so a version of that may appear in here one day.

But I'm trying to avoid a case where you have so many people defending (Gym, Elite Four, Frontier), but nowhere near as many challenging. Once we have enough challengers, then I'll be able to open up more facilities.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
If we get enough people joining up, then sure. The Battle Factory has always intrigued me (the only facility in Generation IV where I did not get the colored symbol), so a version of that may appear in here one day.

But I'm trying to avoid a case where you have so many people defending (Gym, Elite Four, Frontier), but nowhere near as many challenging. Once we have enough challengers, then I'll be able to open up more facilities.

Yeah that's a fine idea. But if it happens please make a "gimmick frontier" and make me the leader. I want to do that gimick stuff!

Skullbash

Pirate King
Leader
Serebii ID: Skullbash
Showdown ID (optional): XxSkullbashxX
Type: Water
Timezone: GMT -4
Friend Code: 3840-5907-1581
Battle Format: Singles
Badge Name: Tsunami Badge

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Leader
Serebii ID: Skullbash
Showdown ID (optional): XxSkullbashxX
Type: Water
Timezone: GMT -4
Friend Code: 3840-5907-1581
Badge Name: Tsunami Badge

Accepted. I'll add you to the personnel page once I get home.

phantomclaw

Leader/Elite Four:e4
Serebii ID:phantomclaw
Showdown ID (optional):phantomclaw8888
Type: Electric/Ice
Timezone:-7
Friend Code3024-5792-5403
Battle Format: Singles for now
Badge Name: Glacial Shock

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Leader/Elite Four:e4
Serebii ID:phantomclaw
Showdown ID (optional):phantomclaw8888
Type: Electric/Ice
Timezone:-7
Friend Code3024-5792-5403
Battle Format: Singles for now
Badge Name: Glacial Shock

Accepted!

So now we have 3 Gym Leaders and 3 Elite Four. We just need 6 more people (5 Leaders + 1 Elite Four) and then the challengers can decide on their challenge teams!

And Funday Monday can start this Monday!

Last edited:

scizor64

"sciz"
Applications:

Leader/Elite Four: Gym Leader
Serebii ID: scizor64
Showdown ID (optional): lonefall
Type: Ice (scratch that i see its taken)---->dragon
Timezone: GMT -4 (Eastern USA NY)
Friend Code: 0275 - 8655 - 0603
Badge Name: Polar Frost badge (maybe if you accept my application we can come up with a better name together)

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Applications:

Leader/Elite Four: Gym Leader
Serebii ID: scizor64
Showdown ID (optional): lonefall
Type: Ice (scratch that i see its taken)---->dragon
Timezone: GMT -4 (Eastern USA NY)
Friend Code: 0275 - 8655 - 0603
Badge Name: Polar Frost badge (maybe if you accept my application we can come up with a better name together)

Accepted as Dragon Leader!

... Coming up with a badge name? Oh boy... I SUCK at coming up with names. I mean, look at this league! A direct referencing to the original source of Funday Monday, for those who get the reference. Uh... I would've suggested "Rising Dragon", based on "臥龍昇天" (bowing dragon ascending to the heavens), which now technically exists as "Dragon Ascent", which is an attack name... so... hmm... I'll just put it as "working on it"

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Wow, look at this league! It came up about one or two days ago, and look at it! The E4 positions are filled and we have half of our gym leaders! This is great! I bet this league is gonna become super popular!

Also, welcome to the league scizor64! Skullbash, glad to see you here! WELCOME NEW LEADERS!

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Wow, look at this league! It came up about one or two days ago, and look at it! The E4 positions are filled and we have half of our gym leaders! This is great! I bet this league is gonna become super popular!

Also, welcome to the league scizor64! Skullbash, glad to see you here! WELCOME NEW LEADERS!

It actually surprises me that the E4 positions weren't taken by the first four applicants for a position actually. And if this becomes popular those funday monday ideas should be pretty good and fun because otherwise it will probably be a hype which dies down quickly. Anyways welcome new leaders

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Actually, there are 3 Elite Four members right now. And 4 Gym Leaders. We need just 5 more people and all the positions are filled and ready to start the challenge!

And the benefit of Funday Monday is that in this league, everyone will be able to battle whether or not there are challengers ready to battle each leader immediately. To battle the Elite Four, you need all 8 Gym Badges. It's possible that challengers won't have 8 Gym Badges any time soon. So what can the Elite Four do in the meantime? FUNDAY MONDAY! Or apply as a challenger themselves. Hopefully Funday Monday can provide unique battles each week to keep things nice and interesting.

Of course, all league members are welcome to suggest Funday Monday ideas. I currently have 36 ideas listed, so for a long while, we'll be okay. And popular Funday Monday topics can return at a future date.

Update: sample trade shop requests have been added on the first post. It should add some incentive to try to gather up all them points.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I have a lil' suggestion. You should specify which mons are available (the legendaries of course) since some people may ask for something which isn't available

Fair point. Here are the specifications!

Available Pokemon:
Moltres, Mewtwo, Suicune, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Rayquaza

HGSS, thus Apricorn Pokeballs are available.
Hidden Power [Ground] (31/31/31/30/30/31) with a Timid or Modest nature makes them shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.