1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Pokémon League

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by DX 2401PT, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJSummers

DJSummers Ground-Type Champion

So now we just choose a type and that's it?

2. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Yes. Pick any type.

Consider it like the other "standard" leagues out there, but without ANY of your "OU" "meta" clauses. Battle Tower rules with no item restrictions.

The idea being, you guys should feel what I feel whenever I battle with friends, where I don't know what sort of crap they're going to send at me until it's too late. I've seen a Poison Heal Gliscor using Sub and Hone Claws to Baton Pass into a Sheer Cold Cryogonal. I've been hit by Compoundeyes Vivillon with Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder. Whenever I see Latios, it'll ALWAYS have Soul Dew. The "meta" says give Scizor Superpower. I always have Aerial Ace instead because of Double Team/Minimize issues. And that Aerial Ace has been invaluable precisely because of the number of times I had to deal with evasion shenanigans (mass Baton Pass chains with Double Team). These are the things that you don't have to worry about in any other league because they just ban these things. So I feel that this should be an interesting experience.

3. DJSummers

Alright, well I'll be going with Ground.
    Also you'd have to update the OP so it's understandable to new comers.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

The first post had been updated yesterday.

Ground? Sure. Format? Badge name?

5. DJSummers

Leader: DJSummers
    Serebii ID: DJSummers
    Showdown ID (optional): xXMrSummersXx
    Battle Format: Singles/Doubles/Triples/Rotation
    Type: Ground
    Timezone: GMT-5
    Friend Code: 0345-0046-5202
    Badge Name: Terra Badge

6. Nick Duckinson

Nick Duckinson NYEH HEH HEH HEH!

Leader: Nick
    Serebii ID: Nick Duckinson
    Showdown ID (optional): Duckinson
    Battle Format: Singles and Doubles
    Type: Bug
    Timezone: GMT +1
    Friend Code: 0920-0054-3470
    Badge Name: Infestation Badge

By the way, do we keep our old positions as Frontier Brains now or did that get reset?

7. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Nothing was reset. ... There was nothing to reset. Anyone who held a position during the void-era still hold that exact position.

8. Miticus

Miticus New Member

Hey guys! New to the community, but I hope to become a regular. Right now, myself and a friend are looking for a league to join and I was wondering how this one worked. Could anyone supply some information? I really don't have time to go through all 27 pages :p

9. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Welcome! Great to see someone new!

Good news for you: this league was recently reset, so everything that's not in post 1 or 2 in the first page is not really important. Read the first 2 posts and if you still need clarifying, I will gladly help out.

10. Miticus

Miticus New Member

My biggest question after reading that is...

Is there not a set schedule on who plays who? Is it season based? At the end of each season is there a playoff mechanic?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  11. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

No schedule. The "daily" of this league is a reference to something else that used to be on a daily basis. Trying to force a certain schedule conflicts with the real life schedules/events of individual members.

It is not season based. No playoff mechanics. The challengers message a Leader to set up a battle.

12. Miticus

Miticus New Member

Ohh okay, I see. I think what we are looking for is more along the route of a traditional season setting.

Drafting an X amount of Pokémon, having a schedule set to battle, assigning points to the victors. Though this sounds interesting. Do you know of anything that fits the description I am looking for on this forum?

13. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

There was exactly 1 League that had that description. And that was discontinued.

14. Miticus

Miticus New Member

Is this League done through Wi-Fi battles?

15. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Yes. Wifi. Only if Wifi is unavailable for whatever reason, is Showdown utilized.

16. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

I completely forgot to do this, so I did it now: the Personnel section (post 3) has been updated.

So the Frontier section is the Funday Monday rules Gyms. Alphabetic, Mass Mega, etc are all there.
    The type-Gyms are just under Leaders.

We need 6 more people for both Frontier and League. I expect these slots to be filled whenever Z or Generation VII arrives, whichever one comes first.

17. DJSummers

Well my Gym Team is ready, so I'm free to open if you wish to start the battling now.

Also, if you don't want Badges for the Frontier, you can keep Letter and add whatever you want Brains to give away.

18. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

They're still badges. Because why not. And in your case, the words "Letter Symbol" sound a BIT redundant. Hahaha.

And as always, the all-in Frontier... special battle thing is open and available. And while I may be busy with Legacy of the Void ladder and practicing, just PM and I'll get online.

I'm even available for practice for that Triples competition coming up.

19. DJSummers

Well My Gym & Frontier are open upon Request to those who wish to Challenge me.

20. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

So I noticed that I still have a few Pokemon that was supposed to be given away as a prize for a tournament that was cancelled, and then the league-only tournament that vanished.
    Shiny Jolly Terrakion, one in an Ultra Ball, the other in Luxury Ball, IV 31 all (from White2)
    Shiny Timid Virizion, in Heal Ball, IV 31 all (from White2)
    Timid Sheer Force Landorus in Dream Ball, IV 31 all, level 100, EVed 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, PKRS

I was saving them for a potential trade for a shiny Yveltal, but I don't think that trade will work out since the other guy seems to be missing. I could hold those as prizes for this league, but... well, inactivity. So I'll sell them to whoever's in this league who wants them. Any takers?

For league news, until activity spurs up... it's basically in sleep mode. Post every now and then. Keep this place alive if you wish.
    And just a reminder that this league no longer cares at all about what Pokemon are in what tier. If you can use it in the Battle Maison, all is fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.