1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Pokémon League

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by DX 2401PT, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

The battle doesn't have to be on a Monday. Just find time within the week to battle. It's only called "Funday Monday" because of referencing, and because I'm posting the best 3 replays and giving out the next topic on each Monday.

2. Yukomov

Yukomov The BEST! (I wish.)

Just going to put this here...

Leader/Elite Four: Leader
    Serebii ID: Yukomov
    Type: Flying
    Timezone: Eastern US (NY)
    Friend Code: 1521-2958-5459
    Battle Format: Singles preferred
    Badge Name: Cyclone Badge

Game is AS, IGN is Kalvin. I do have a Mega that's ORAS-exclusive, for those X/Y peeps, but I do also have an alternative teammate for such cases. My team is almost completely ready; just add EV training and levels for the remainder of moves! ^^

EDIT: I lied. Forgot a couple of my teammates don't have their items yet. ^^; Whoops! Will work on that and fix it ASAP, though!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  3. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

We currently have a Ground/Flying Elite Four and a Dark/Flying Elite Four. Could you pick a different type? Types available: Bug, Fire, Ghost, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel.

Edit: never mind. Accepted! You are now also obligated to participate in this week's Funday Monday!

4. Reisuke

Reisuke Apparently i died

Why not allow him? We can just get all types in leader version anyway at some point. Or is the idea to stay at 8?

5. MegaMeganium

MegaMeganium Dropping Bloom Dooms

Yeah, allow him! Gym types should be completely seperate from E4 types!

6. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

The idea is to stay at 8. But I don't know. Maybe I should allow Gym Leaders to use types that are already taken by Elite Four. The Elite Four challenge is bound to be different than Gyms (dual type, and lose to one and you start over), and since challengers are allowed to change teams prior to the Elite Four challenge, I guess it's okay.

In the games, some regions have same typed Elite Four and Gym Leader, so I guess it's okay as long as half of the Gym Leaders aren't using types that already taken.

So okay. Yukomov gets Flying.

Now, scizor64, would you want to change your Gym type from Dragon to Ice?

7. Nick Duckinson

Nick Duckinson NYEH HEH HEH HEH!

Leader
    Serebii ID: Nick Duckinson
    Showdown ID (optional): Duckinson
    Type: Steel
    Timezone: GMT + 1
    Friend Code: 0920-0054-3470
    Battle Format: Singles
    Badge Name: Iron Badge

I will be applying as a challenger later, I just have to build a team.

8. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Accepted! You're now also obligated for this week's Funday Monday!

Now if I recall, we just need 1 more Leader and 1 more Elite Four.

9. Yukomov

If it's truly a huge deal, I can try putting together a Normal, Rock or Poison-type team. They were the types I contemplated before I thought 'what about Flying?'. I don't have teams fully ready to go for those, given the circumstances, but I'm flexible nonetheless. ^^ I'll stick with Flying if you're alright with it, of course.

10. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

No, it's okay. You're accepted as Flying Leader. Be sure to participate in this week's Funday Monday before next Monday to keep your position as Leader, though.

11. Yukomov

Mhm. *keeps on EV training Flying-type team as he types*

As for MASS MEGA Funday Monday... I do have a team all set, so if anyone wanted to battle, I'm online and ready to go. Just add my FC, PM/VM me, and let me know. ^^

12. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Just a reminder that ALL Gym Leaders and Elite Four (and Champion, but metaphorically, our mountain has no peak yet) must participate in every Funday Monday. Currently, there are... 5 Leaders who have yet to submit a Funday Monday replay to me (and 2 who will finish their best-of-3).

You have... 6 days including today, so there's ample time!

We require 1 more Gym Leader and 1 more Elite Four before the non-Funday Monday part of this league can commence. Then we'll need more challengers aiming to be the champion. And at that time, all existing challengers must pick their team!

13. scizor64

scizor64 "sciz"

I would love to change my type from dragon to ice type! Please pencil me down for that, and even though I already completed Funday Monday's Challenge, if any1 needs to get their battles in, please pm/vm me or find me on the eternian forces guild xat chat. Enjoy your day fellas!

14. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Done and done. You are now the Ice Leader, defending the Polar Frost Badge.

15. Yukomov

Funday Monday Battle Report
    Opponent: Reisuke
    Winner: Reisuke
    Score: 1-0
    Comment: So after a multitude of accursed connection hiccups on my end, we finally had a pretty epic battle. Proud of that *scratch 'triple'* (EDIT: watching replay, realizing error) double KO I got, but still a bit 'what the-' with the ending. Turns out Speed can't just be assumed higher! XD GG Reisuke, and really sorry about all the DCs.

(I'm not honestly too sure how to summarize the other two battles we had (it as 'best of 3'). Some fun stuff there, including a prayer for HAX that came several turns too late, but yeah.)

16. Reisuke

Funday Monday Battle Report:
    Opponent: yukomov
    Winner: reisuke
    Score: 1-0
    Comment: incredibly close. Didn't saw mega lopunny outspeeding +1 gyara. I deny the possibility! Anyway after many DCs this was the outcome and we were satisfied. Damn goid game yuko

17. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

I saw one of the games (but only a few turns), and I heard of the repeated DCs. It's good to know that you finally had a successful game.

18. Yukomov

You deny the possibility? Then by right of denial, Gyarados and I win. :p (That's a thing, isn't it? 'Right of denial'?)

I wasn't all that surprised, honestly. I know M-Lopunny's quick, and I knew I was taking a risk with that single D-Dance up on Gyara. Still, there weren't any other options; I was not all too eager to risk eating a Draco Meteor from Latios for another, and thought 'eh, YOLO'. It was a risk, and it didn't pay off a win in the end.

Was still crazy fun, though.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention it, but Gyara was also Adamant Nature, so maybe that factored into the Speed thing... *shrugs*

19. DX 2401PT

DX 2401PT Monitor

Adamant Gyarados has 261 Spd at level 100. With 1 Dragon Dance, it gets to 391 Spd, which is less than Jolly Mega Lopunny (405).

And it turns out, you CAN send me the Pokemon Showdown replays via PM. So that's that. Use "[u rl ][ /ur l]" tags without the spaces. I remember someone sending me the replay via PM but there was no replay, so I assume just copy & pasting the link doesn't show it.

20. Reisuke

Yuko that was a joke

Yeah forgot that to lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.