• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Daily Pokémon League

Closed/Deleted

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Closed/Deleted

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Closed/Deleted

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
E4 Application
Serebii ID: DJSummers
Showdown ID (optional): xXMrSummersXx
Type: Ground/Flying
Timezone: GMT -5
Friend Code: 0345-0046-5202
Battle Format: Doubles & Triples
Badge Name: Gravitation Badge

Maybe you can test the team if you'd like to.
Also may try to design a Singles Team (In-time).

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
Leader
Serebii ID: Prakhar
Showdown ID (optional): Prakhar
Type: Grass
Timezone: GMT +5.3
Friend Code: 4098-4557-7957
Battle Format: Singles
Badge Name: Wilderness Badge

Challenger:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
E4 Application
Serebii ID: DJSummers
Showdown ID (optional): xXMrSummersXx
Type: Ground/Flying
Timezone: GMT -5
Friend Code: 0345-0046-5202
Battle Format: Doubles & Triples
Badge Name: Gravitation Badge

Maybe you can test the team if you'd like to.
Also may try to design a Singles Team (In-time).

Accepted. Would you like to be a challenger as well?

Leader
Type: Grass
Battle Format: Singles
Badge Name: Wilderness Badge

Challenger:

Accepted. For the challenger application, include the team you'll use (I forgot that part in the application section, and it's now fixed).

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Hey, I'll sign up as a challenger o/

Challenger: Burnerv2
Serebii ID: Burnerv2
Showdown ID (optional): Burnerv2
Timezone: GMT -4
Friend Code: 3754-8538-3606
Team: TBD (I'll put it, just have to think of what I wanna put together. It'll be here before the league starts!)

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Hey, I'll sign up as a challenger o/

Challenger: Burnerv2
Serebii ID: Burnerv2
Showdown ID (optional): Burnerv2
Timezone: GMT -4
Friend Code: 3754-8538-3606
Team: TBD (I'll put it, just have to think of what I wanna put together. It'll be here before the league starts!)

Accepted. And I suppose it's best to hold off on team decision until we have every leader. We currently have 1/8 Leaders, 1/4 Elite Four.

Oh, and I'll add another rule here. Due to the nature of Elite Four & Champion (lose to one then you start all over against them), I'm allowing the challengers to change their teams for the Elite Four challenge. So you're not allowed to change teams between Gym battles and not allowed to change between Elite Four battles. Once you beat all the Gyms, you can change your team to start the Elite Four challenge. If you lose to an Elite Four, you can change your team to take on the whole set again. This may require balance testing, which will be done later once there are enough people.

And another twist, sort of. I want EVERY challenger to face 8 Gym Leaders and 4 Elite Four. But if you applied as a Gym Leader or Elite Four, you obviously can't battle yourself. That's where I come in as a substitute. A temporary Elite Four or Gym with a random available type that is not yours with random battle format (not always triples). So if you're a Fire Gym Leader and applied as a challenger, I will be your 8th Gym, using any available type that isn't Fire.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I also have to decide a team, so i'll be holding off on that.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I also have to decide a team, so i'll be holding off on that.

That's fine. We need more people still. Spread the word! ... SPREAD!

Bring in people who like to battle in standard formats, not-so-standard formats, and some downright ridiculous challenges! You may even learn a thing or two from Funday Monday replays! There are some things that you'll learn from doing "standard" meta battles, but there are plenty of new tactics and tricks you can learn from watching people duke it out in a variety of restrictions. You never know when some dirty trick may come in handy.

Also the benefits of joining this league is the chance of getting free shiny IV 31 all stuff. By "chance", I mean... well, after enough battles if you spend points. I believe I said 10 points (3 wins + 1 loss or 2 Funday Monday wins) is equal to 1 Rare Candy value in my shop. In my shop, 1 Rare Candy gets you a shiny IV 31 all Pokemon without move tutors, so... I say it's good value. And hey, 60 points get you a shiny IV 31 all Legendary Pokemon. Or a Legendary Pokemon that hasn't been caught yet, with capture details to be determined by the customer.

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
This sounds like a lot of fun, I'd like to join as a challenger if possible?

Serebii ID: LeafeonTheVoid
Showdown ID (optional): Reavis
Timezone: EST -5
Friend Code: 1005-9620-0912
Challenge Team: ???

DX 2401PT

Monitor
This sounds like a lot of fun, I'd like to join as a challenger if possible?

Serebii ID: LeafeonTheVoid
Showdown ID (optional): Reavis
Timezone: EST -5
Friend Code: 1005-9620-0912
Challenge Team: ???

Of course it's possible! All are welcome to enter the league and learn to mess around! (Accepted)

We currently require more Gym Leaders. Spread the word!

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Leader/Elite Four: elite four
Serebii ID: reisuke
Showdown ID (optional): houjou reisuke
Type: dark/flying
Timezone: GMT +1 (GMT +2 due daylight savings)
Friend Code: see sig
Battle Format: doubles
Badge Name: levitating brightness badge

I'll be aplying as a challenger soon. Also shouldn't the challenger be allowed to have seperate teams for other battle styles? Since doing a doubles battle with a singles team is a pain

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Leader/Elite Four: elite four
Serebii ID: reisuke
Showdown ID (optional): houjou reisuke
Type: dark/flying
Timezone: GMT +1 (GMT +2 due daylight savings)
Friend Code: see sig
Battle Format: doubles
Badge Name: levitating brightness badge

I'll be aplying as a challenger soon. Also shouldn't the challenger be allowed to have seperate teams for other battle styles? Since doing a doubles battle with a singles team is a pain

Accepted!

I've been thinking about that too. To avoid "cheap" wins, I wanted each challenger to make a different team when facing non-singles battle Gyms/Elite Four. But that seems to make the whole "no team changes" thing rather pointless. Here's what I'm thinking about making as a rule: A challenger is not allowed to change teams in between ANY battle of the same format. Thoughts?

Reisuke

Apparently i died
Accepted!

I've been thinking about that too. To avoid "cheap" wins, I wanted each challenger to make a different team when facing non-singles battle Gyms/Elite Four. But that seems to make the whole "no team changes" thing rather pointless. Here's what I'm thinking about making as a rule: A challenger is not allowed to change teams in between ANY battle of the same format. Thoughts?

It lifts the problems you'd face with that so it's fine. Especially since not all gym leaders/E4 members would do the same formats. Anyway since there's close to no opportunity to train yourself in rotation battles i think that would be a pretty hard to beat tactic

Also it's great to see you on competitive scene again

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Leader or E4?: Leader
Serebii ID: MegaMeganium
Showdown ID (optional): MegaMeganium4
Type: Fighting
Timezone: Eastern U.S.
Friend Code: In About Me
Battle Format: Single
Badge Name: Blade Badge

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
It lifts the problems you'd face with that so it's fine. Especially since not all gym leaders/E4 members would do the same formats. Anyway since there's close to no opportunity to train yourself in rotation battles i think that would be a pretty hard to beat tactic

Also it's great to see you on competitive scene again

Hmm... alright. I'll make the changes to the rules. Or rather, addition. The challengers may use a different team for each different battle format, but must use that team for the same battle formats. So if you use Team A in single battles, you'll use that for all single battles. If you use Team B in a double battle, you must use that team for every double battle.

I've returned to the competitive scene for two purposes. 1, to see how Funday Monday will fare (prove that there is adaptability in these scenes), and 2, to see if I can get more people interested in Triples/Rotation (as some Funday Monday topics require these formats).

Leader or E4?: Leader
Serebii ID: MegaMeganium
Showdown ID (optional): MegaMeganium4
Type: Fighting
Timezone: Eastern U.S.
Friend Code: In About Me
Battle Format: Single
Badge Name: Blade Badge

Accepted! More the better. And more victims participants of Funday Monday!

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Yay! Wait, did you say victims? Oh well, Id love to have a twist on one of my battles! And I have a suggestion for Funday Monday! Put in a form so we can suggest ideas for Funday Monday. You don't have to pick one, it'll just give you some ideas!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Yay! Wait, did you say victims? Oh well, Id love to have a twist on one of my battles! And I have a suggestion for Funday Monday! Put in a form so we can suggest ideas for Funday Monday. You don't have to pick one, it'll just give you some ideas!

I don't think a form is necessary to suggest Funday Monday ideas. Simply suggest away! More Funday Monday restraints, the more fun we may have. I do have a list of a ton of Funday Monday ideas, so if your ideas are not already on there, I will definitely consider it.

And as for Funday Monday replays, THE DUMBER THE BETTER! Try a strategy that won't work in the meta because this is literally the only place where you can try it without consequence. Even if you lose immediately, if it was funny, you are the winner in our minds! "Dude, I used a team where everyone used Destiny Bond and I lost really quickly!" YEAH! That's the spirit!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.