• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Reporting!

Leader Report: (Flying)
Opponent: Nick Duckinson
Winner: DX 2401PT
Score: 1-0
Rate Your Opponent: 9/10
Comments: That was so close. My last guy was going to die immediately upon entering due to entry hazards. GG!

Leader Report: (Dragon)
Winner: DX 2401PT
Score: 4-0
Rate Your Opponent: 9/10
Comments: You actually played really well. I'm really surprised at how... good my one guy was.

Last edited:

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Hey, DX. Since I now have 34 points, may I change one of the Pokemon on my team? I need two things; 1, a fairy counter, and 2, a hazard controller. And I have a Pokemon who can do both! I would like to replace Meganium(*sniff*So sad...) with Scizor.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Hey, DX. Since I now have 34 points, may I change one of the Pokemon on my team? I need two things; 1, a fairy counter, and 2, a hazard controller. And I have a Pokemon who can do both! I would like to replace Meganium(*sniff*So sad...) with Scizor.

Done. Meganium is replaced with Scizor.
Your new team: Sableye, Umbreon, Scizor, Entei, Azumarill, Shuckle

Last edited:

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Look. *sigh* I love bringing him to competitive battles. But since Im in a league where I cant change my Pokemon unless:
A. I spend money
B. I COMPLETELY reset my challenge, or
C. Get all 8 badges and get a new E4 team
I need every slot. I'll bring her back when I take on the E4. Until then, I have to deal with punchy-two-shoes over here.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Look. *sigh* I love bringing him to competitive battles. But since Im in a league where I cant change my Pokemon unless:
A. I spend money
B. I COMPLETELY reset my challenge, or
C. Get all 8 badges and get a new E4 team
I need every slot. I'll bring her back when I take on the E4. Until then, I have to deal with punchy-two-shoes over here.

... I know. I wasn't implying anything.
But whatever, comment removed.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Thanks, and sorry. <:) I overreacted a bit...

Don't worry, it happens from time to time.

And you know, when I talk to my friends about using certain Pokemon, we often call each other insane. We always battle in Battle Tower rules (not "competitive" tiers), so using a certain Pokemon was certainly deemed insane. Like... one of my friends insisting on using Gastrodon. And Bibarel. And in my case, using Altaria before it had a Mega. And a Sp. Atk Flygon. And whenever we replace a certain Pokemon (non shiny IV 31 all into shiny IV 31 all, for example), we usually use phrases that imply... fates worse than death. "This Altaria is going to stay locked up in the box, never to see the light of day ever again. And when I restart a game, then it will be used as trade fodder. And upon a generation shift, it will be left out from the exodus, left behind in a file that's a shell of its former glory." Or simply put, "this guy's so fired". "Its heresy will stay its feet, and it shall be left behind." And on and on.

So if I ever use phrases like that, just assume that I don't mean anything, and that I'm just used to those phrases. "Dude, that Bibarel sucks ***. Seriously. All it's doing is flapping its stupid tail at a Dragon, expecting good things to happen before it gets eaten for lunch."

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Has anyone tried the Multi Battle Funday Monday yet?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Okay, so the Multi Battle Funday Monday is not... easy to do. Hmm... a shame. There is ONE more Multi Battle topic: The Backstab Funday Monday! Where you aren't allowed to damage the opponent until you finished killing off your ally! Where the solution is basically having one guy just set up while the partner spams Memento or something.

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Okay, so the Multi Battle Funday Monday is not... easy to do. Hmm... a shame. There is ONE more Multi Battle topic: The Backstab Funday Monday! Where you aren't allowed to damage the opponent until you finished killing off your ally! Where the solution is basically having one guy just set up while the partner spams Memento or something.
I've never tried a Multi Battle before, but if I ever do one with a friend this is definitely the strategy I'll be using xD

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I will be gone for most of tomorrow, so if you need Funday Monday battles or Gym challenges, today is the day!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Funday Monday time!

There are 5 Leaders/Elite Four in this league right now. As in, the leaders who are not on absence. And of those 5, 1 was absent for a bit during the past week. So there aren't a lot of replays!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-260885712
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-260427185

For this week, let's keep it simple.

Monotype! Submit to me a game in which your entire team was of 1 type. Dual types are allowed, of course. But you must have 1 common type for all 6 Pokemon. Do NOT tell your opponent what your type is. Obviously.

This does mean that you can lose immediately. Like... if you picked Ice and you run smack into Steel. So good luck!

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Thats easy for the leaders, as most of us have all si of one type. But, I'll switch it up and use my FAVORITE type(Fighting is my 2nd favorite). And its a deadly one!

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
Funday Monday Battle Report:
Winner: Me!
Score: A close 1-0
Comment: That was such a fun battle! He had bug, I had Flying, and we both had FUN! The Scizor almost ruined me, but I used the Life Orb to my advantage! It was a close game, but in the end, Gliscor pulled through. And I may have had to sacrifice my Salamence to the Mega pinsir...

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Opponent: MegaMeganium
Winner: MegaMeganium
Score: 1-0
Comment: His favorite type destroys my favorite type so that was a very difficult battle. I managed to get incredibly lucky throughout the whole match, that's why the score is so close. GG dude!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Winner: Me!
Score: A close 1-0
Comment: That was such a fun battle! He had bug, I had Flying, and we both had FUN! The Scizor almost ruined me, but I used the Life Orb to my advantage! It was a close game, but in the end, Gliscor pulled through. And I may have had to sacrifice my Salamence to the Mega pinsir...

Oh, I should point out that, from this point on, at ANY GIVEN POINT IN TIME, your team must have 6 Pokemon with a common type. So for Mega Pinsir, if it didn't go Mega yet, it's not Flying type, so you'll have 5 Flying types and 1 that is not. So if you want to use Mega Pinsir, it'll have to be on a Bug monotype.

This applies to all Megas that shift typing, or have a type added. You may only use those Megas on teams that are based on the type that does not change.

For now, Protean Greninja will count as Water/Dark, and Imposter Ditto will count as Normal. That's only because when you swap them out, they revert to their default types.

Status
Not open for further replies.