• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Funday Monday Battle Report:
Opponent: DJSummers
Winner: Nick Duckinson
Score: 6-0
Comment: I just want to go breed this Pokemon and use it forever, I had no idea it could be this good.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
6-0? Wow. What happened? ... Salac sweep? Harvest + Sitrus Berry?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Slurpuff's thirst for sweet, sugary blood happened.

Ah. Sitrus + Belly Drum + Unburden sweep.

There's a build that my friends suggested in using, but I never tried it. But in this Funday Monday, it could be worth looking into.
It's a walling Trevenant with Harvest and Sitrus Berry. It supposedly never dies with its stalling (Protect, Phantom Force), and healing (Leech Seed, Sitrus, Horn Leech). A requirement would be having Drought/Sunny Day first though, as Harvest is only 50% chance outside the Sun.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Trevenant is good but would be killed by Toxic or any other Grass-type.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Trevenant is good but would be killed by Toxic or any other Grass-type.

Well, yes. Everything has its hard counters. I haven't used Trevenant yet because this build requires the Sun to be up to be most effective. And... if your favorite type is Fire, using Sunny Day or Drought when your team is not Fire focused just seems to spell disaster.

The alternate Trevenant build that was discussed:
Careful, 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp. Def
Ability Harvest, Item Sitrus Berry
Will-o-wisp
Protect
Phantom Force
Horn Leech

Protect and Phantom Force to stall and wait for Sitrus heal. Phantom Force also hits Grass, which is nice. Will-o-wisp to basically double your Def and deal residual damage. Horn Leech for healing if needed.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Our Ice Leader has returned! So challengers, feel free to challenge the TRUE Leader and not a sub!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Well, it seems that Reisuke is now missing. As a result... he's gone!

So we are now missing 3 Gym Leaders and 3 Elite Four. Until these spots are filled, all removal clauses (inactive for a week) are no longer in effect.
Gym Leader/Elite Four's mandatory Funday Monday requirement has been gone since last week, so I'm hoping that new people will come in.
Until then, I guess I'll sub in as 75% of the Elite Four.

scizor64

"sciz"
I am here to support you guys and hold my position as ice gym leader. I spent some part of vacation training and breeding two more up to date ice teams for the league. If any1 needs anything let me know. I have got myself a hold of a 4 iv ditto via mirage island dexnav search. I'd happily breed some mons or donate some of my older stuff.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
As per request, Reisuke is now removed from the Elite Four position. Well... as always, accepting new applicants!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Hey, it's Monday again. Funday Monday! ... Alphabetical Funday Monday! Submit to me a game where you must send out all of your Pokemon in species-alphabetical order!

Also, announcement!

There is a new facility that anyone can challenge any number of times. It is the All-in Frontier! I will be the leader of that facility. The rules are simple. The Pokemon usage rules are the same as Funday Monday. If you can use a Pokemon in the Battle Maison or OU, it's allowed here.
This frontier is really straight forward. I pick one battle strategy/gimmick, and I just go ALL-IN on it. You, as a challenger, must be prepared to face... pretty much anything that isn't banned by the OU clauses. Who knows what you'll run into. You might pack a whole ton of walls and suddenly end up facing a team full of Choice Band Moxie guys.

There are no penalties for losing. Or any real benefit to winning, other than "hey, I might just steal this idea". It's just for fun, and to show that there's more to battling than using what everyone else uses.

Last edited:

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Hey, it's Monday again. Funday Monday! ... Alphabetical Funday Monday! Submit to me a game where you must send out all of your Pokemon in species-alphabetical order!

Also, announcement!

There is a new facility that anyone can challenge any number of times. It is the All-in Frontier! I will be the leader of that facility. The rules are simple. The Pokemon usage rules are the same as Funday Monday. If you can use a Pokemon in the Battle Maison or OU, it's allowed here.
This frontier is really straight forward. I pick one battle strategy/gimmick, and I just go ALL-IN on it. You, as a challenger, must be prepared to face... pretty much anything that isn't banned by the OU clauses. Who knows what you'll run into. You might pack a whole ton of walls and suddenly end up facing a team full of Choice Band Moxie guys.

There are no penalties for losing. Or any real benefit to winning, other than "hey, I might just steal this idea". It's just for fun, and to show that there's more to battling than using what everyone else uses.
That sounds like fun, but I think that you should also change the whole league to try and appeal to more people. Since Funday Monday is the purpose of the league, why not try and make that the main theme instead of just a side project? You could have like 4 facilities, each with 5 leaders and specific rules like the ones you use in Funday Monday. For example, one facility could be UU only, Double battles and you're not allowed to use non-attacking moves. Maybe with some changes more people would join, I just feel like the league itself needs to be more original and fun like the Funday Monday. That's just a suggestion though, you can do whatever you want of course.

Also, Steel Gym is open and I'm available for Funday Monday, pm/vm me.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
That sounds like fun, but I think that you should also change the whole league to try and appeal to more people. Since Funday Monday is the purpose of the league, why not try and make that the main theme instead of just a side project? You could have like 4 facilities, each with 5 leaders and specific rules like the ones you use in Funday Monday. For example, one facility could be UU only, Double battles and you're not allowed to use non-attacking moves. Maybe with some changes more people would join, I just feel like the league itself needs to be more original and fun like the Funday Monday. That's just a suggestion though, you can do whatever you want of course.

Also, Steel Gym is open and I'm available for Funday Monday, pm/vm me.

I do want to change the league by a lot. Like a complete overhaul. There aren't many active members so it won't be a big of a deal.

Funday Monday in the main league... I feel that it would just make the inactivity problem worse. Back when this league had a ton of active challengers, most of them didn't do Funday Monday. If the league itself requires Funday Monday rules, I feel that there just won't be any challengers, ever.

Edit: you know what? YOLO. The hell with it. League overhaul commencing!

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I do want to change the league by a lot. Like a complete overhaul. There aren't many active members so it won't be a big of a deal.

Funday Monday in the main league... I feel that it would just make the inactivity problem worse. Back when this league had a ton of active challengers, most of them didn't do Funday Monday. If the league itself requires Funday Monday rules, I feel that there just won't be any challengers, ever.

Edit: you know what? YOLO. The hell with it. League overhaul commencing!

We'll Funday Monday changes often and due to that, breeding new Pokemon for those specific reasons may not happen often. Plus I'm sure half of us just through together a team to use for FunDay Monday. Some were easy to think about, others let you see what someone else could pull together. Maybe getting a head up for the next weeks gimmick would help in building the new teams ahead of time.
But yeah, I've had no problem with it, I would have understood if some people had missed a week due to being busy, but that would just mean they had to partake in the next one.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
We'll Funday Monday changes often and due to that, breeding new Pokemon for those specific reasons may not happen often. Plus I'm sure half of us just through together a team to use for FunDay Monday. Some were easy to think about, others let you see what someone else could pull together. Maybe getting a head up for the next weeks gimmick would help in building the new teams ahead of time.
But yeah, I've had no problem with it, I would have understood if some people had missed a week due to being busy, but that would just mean they had to partake in the next one.

Here's where the "YOLO, the hell with it" comes in. If the challengers want a standard-esque league, there are 5 others in this forum. For my league, it's time to go unorthodox.

The league will be divided into 3 parts. Single, Double/Triple, Rotation.
Each part will have 3 leaders.
Each leader decides a Funday Monday topic to use, and will use that topic on every battle. No two leaders of a part can use the same topic.
All challengers must follow the rules of the leader.
Challengers are free to change teams between any battle.
Challengers can challenge in whatever order desired.
If a challenger loses to a leader of a part, their challenge of that part restarts.

Funday Monday unique options:
Single:
- No swap
- Charge! Run away! (must swap every other turn, both sides at the same time)
- Alphabetical (all Pokemon must be sent out in alphabetical order, cannot be swapped out)

Double/Triple:
- Mass splash
- 1-Man team (only 1 Pokemon in the field can be attacking the enemy at any given turn)

Rotation:
- Clockwork (you must rotate your Pokemon every turn to the same direction you've rotated in turn 1)
- Jammed (no rotating under any circumstance)

Funday Monday generic options:
- Mass Mega
- No STAB
- STAB only
- YOLO (acc < 90 moves only)
- Only attack
- NEVER attack
- Monotype
- Itemless
- Vegetarian
- Mass Sp. Atk
- Mass Atk
- To BAAAAAaaaaattttllleeee.... (Spd <= 50)
- Never say die (Focus Sash/Sturdy only)

If a leader wants to change topics, they can do so with the hoarded league points that aren't going anywhere.

I haven't decided on the Elite Four equivalence yet.

Last edited:

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Here's where the "YOLO, the hell with it" comes in. If the challengers want a standard-esque league, there are 5 others in this forum. For my league, it's time to go unorthodox.

The league will be divided into 3 parts. Single, Double/Triple, Rotation.
Each part will have 3 leaders.
Each leader decides a Funday Monday topic to use, and will use that topic on every battle. No two leaders of a part can use the same topic.
All challengers must follow the rules of the leader.
Challengers are free to change teams between any battle.
Challengers can challenge in whatever order desired.
If a challenger loses to a leader of a part, their challenge of that part restarts.

Funday Monday unique options:
Single:
- No swap
- Charge! Run away! (must swap every other turn, both sides at the same time)
- Alphabetical (all Pokemon must be sent out in alphabetical order, cannot be swapped out)

Double/Triple:
- Mass splash
- 1-Man team (only 1 Pokemon in the field can be attacking the enemy at any given turn)

Rotation:
- Clockwork (you must rotate your Pokemon every turn to the same direction you've rotated in turn 1)
- Jammed (no rotating under any circumstance)

Funday Monday generic options:
- Mass Mega
- No STAB
- STAB only
- YOLO (acc < 90 moves only)
- Only attack
- NEVER attack
- Monotype
- Itemless
- Vegetarian
- Mass Sp. Atk
- Mass Atk
- To BAAAAAaaaaattttllleeee.... (Spd <= 50)
- Never say die (Focus Sash/Sturdy only)

If a leader wants to change topics, they can do so with the hoarded league points that aren't going anywhere.

I haven't decided on the Elite Four equivalence yet.

I like this a lot, but Summers has a valid concern with the breeding Pokemon issue. If a challenger is almost done making his team to face a leader and that leader decides to change the topic, it could be very frustrating for the challenger.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I like this a lot, but Summers has a valid concern with the breeding Pokemon issue. If a challenger is almost done making his team to face a leader and that leader decides to change the topic, it could be very frustrating for the challenger.

The topic won't be changeable for a long while. So until there are a lot of challengers, no worries.
We'll worry about all that stuff once we DO have challengers and leaders.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
League overhaul complete. The first three posts have been edited.
All challenger data cleared for overhaul, and due to inactivity.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
League overhaul complete. The first three posts have been edited.
All challenger data cleared for overhaul, and due to inactivity.

I'm still the Champion, because I earned my title. Plus I need a fun gimmick I could build a team for and rejoin wherever the E4 will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.