• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I wouldn't mind doing that, but it can only be in Showdown for now. I have two teams ready but I'm still working on another two. Once that's done, I'll start breeding.

That's alright. Since no one has take any Rotational leader spots, everything can be done in Showdown. Well, except for SOME of my all-ins for the All-In Frontier. But since most of those are Triple Battles, I'm okay too. Just come up with devious strategies and gimmicks and have fun using them.

scizor64

"sciz"
Update from me:
I am finishing up a team for itemless singles. Pretty much just training them up and then transfering them over to my AS game later. Just wanted to keep every1 informed and once again ill finish up probably by next week tuesday. Thats gonna be my personal deadline. Hope ya'll are doing well too in your own positions

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Update from me:
I am finishing up a team for itemless singles. Pretty much just training them up and then transfering them over to my AS game later. Just wanted to keep every1 informed and once again ill finish up probably by next week tuesday. Thats gonna be my personal deadline. Hope ya'll are doing well too in your own positions

Looking forward to seeing your team.

And remember guys. This is all about FUN. We don't care for "standard plays" or "standard teams". Pff. None of that. Do something insane. Come up with gimmicks and combos.
And adapt to your situations! Prove that you are capable of adapting to new threats, no matter how random they may be.

Patman345

I am looking forward to challenge some gyms as I was close to getting to the E4. I will have to reread these rules becaue I have been busy the last few weeks

Edit: I want to re apply as a challenger just to let you know.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I am looking forward to challenge some gyms as I was close to getting to the E4. I will have to reread these rules becaue I have been busy the last few weeks

Edit: I want to re apply as a challenger just to let you know.

Go ahead! Be the first to test out the Leaders' Funday teams (use the application form).
And until more leaders apply, you can throw yourself at my All-In Frontiers too and see what kind of funky gimmicks I can throw together.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
I am BACK!

So, has the league changed?

Prakhar

Nah. Not a lot changed apart from the COMPLETE overhaul.
Updated rules are on the first post.

All right! I see that the singles list is full, so i'll become the double battles' leader!

Filling this again, just in case

Leader:
Serebii ID: Prakhar
Showdown ID (optional): Prakhar
Battle Format: Doubles/Triples (mostly doubles)
Topic: (Not decided, have a few doubts)
Timezone: GMT +5.30
Friend Code: 4098-4557-7957
Badge Name: Gemini Badge

What is vegetarian? Mass splash?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
All right! I see that the singles list is full, so i'll become the double battles' leader!

Filling this again, just in case

Leader:
Serebii ID: Prakhar
Showdown ID (optional): Prakhar
Battle Format: Doubles/Triples (mostly doubles)
Topic: (Not decided, have a few doubts)
Timezone: GMT +5.30
Friend Code: 4098-4557-7957
Badge Name: Gemini Badge

What is vegetarian? Mass splash?

Vegetarian Funday Monday is where you are only allowed to have plant based items. Berries, Herbs, etc. Leftovers will not count. Ability Unnerve is disallowed for this topic.
Mass Splash is a Double/Triple only topic where you are only allowed to attack your opponent with moves that hit multiple targets. So attacks like Earthquake, Surf, Rock Slide, etc. Moves like Bullet Punch, Drill Run, and Moonblast can NOT be used against the opponent. The move Wide Guard is banned for this topic.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Time to try to spur some activity!

Does anyone have a fun Pokemon/team gimmick that they'd like to share?
Or some interesting Pokemon-related knowledge that could help us all out?

scizor64

"sciz"
I think the gimmickiest team I've ever used was a smash pass team with both huntail and goryebyss as well as Klefki to set up screens to make it easier to set up. Funny enough, I dont consider it anywhere near as gimmicky as the fun types of battles ive had on here.

Also, I finished my team but i have two members who are weak to stealth rock (1 of which is x4 weak) AND I have to train a new member as I feel an offensive form of it would be better than its current defensive set. So please just give me until the end of the week. Its already bred just gotta train it and find a rapid spinner for wifi use. Preferably something easy to get ingame that is bulky so that i can rapid spin for 3/4th's of the match.

Either that or Im just gonna use a defogger thats easy to get in game.

Patman345

A funny gimmick would be all HM moves only that would be a hilarious battle rock smashing each other. Just an idea as I have been absent as of late but I will definitley look forward to challenges. Also it would be best if I did these on PS as well because I don't have the time to train a bunch of new mon atm.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I'm currently thinking of a gimmick team that involves basically stealing your opponent's stuff and using it against them. Imposter Ditto, Snatch, Me First, Mimic/Copycat, Trace, Thief/Covet, etc. "What was yours is now mine." I haven't thought of a viable way of bringing it into the battles. Imposter Ditto is pretty obvious and I have used it quite a few times in 1v1 situations, but never in a gimmick team.

A funny gimmick would be all HM moves only that would be a hilarious battle rock smashing each other. Just an idea as I have been absent as of late but I will definitley look forward to challenges. Also it would be best if I did these on PS as well because I don't have the time to train a bunch of new mon atm.

PS is fine, as it would give everyone the chance to test out a gimmick team without having to make it first.

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a Doubles Mass Mega team that's gimmicky and unexpected, so if anyone has any ideas that they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it. I'll start breeding my Triples team soon, I came up with a pretty annoying strategy yesterday that will destroy anyone who isn't expecting it.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a Doubles Mass Mega team that's gimmicky and unexpected, so if anyone has any ideas that they wouldn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it. I'll start breeding my Triples team soon, I came up with a pretty annoying strategy yesterday that will destroy anyone who isn't expecting it.

I think the simplest gimmick you can pull off involves mind games.

When you look at a team, you can guess which Pokemon is going Mega in a "normal/standard" battle. So use that kind of guess against the opponent! Load up your team with 6 Pokemon whose Megas are ALL threatening, and make the opponent keep guessing which guy is going Mega. THEN the real mind games can start. Such as... do you even HAVE a Mega Stone attached to anyone?

A team composed of: Beedrill, Salamence, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Charizard, and Blaziken, for example. "Oh, the Beedrill is DEFINITELY going Mega." Nope! Charizard goes Mega and Blaziken suddenly gets Sun boosted Flare Blitz.

Prakhar

All right, i am gonna do the NEVER attack funday monday for my gym.
Beware, i love stall!

Also, is taunt banned in this one?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
All right, i am gonna do the NEVER attack funday monday for my gym.
Beware, i love stall!

Also, is taunt banned in this one?

Yes. In "never attack", Taunt is not allowed. Otherwise everyone would Taunt and it'd be a Struggle fest.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Yes. In "never attack", Taunt is not allowed. Otherwise everyone would Taunt and it'd be a Struggle fest.

That one would nee more rules, as in no Magic Guard, and etc.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
That one would nee more rules, as in no Magic Guard, and etc.

Yeah. Taunt, Magic Coat, and Magic Guard are not allowed. I'm not sure about Substitute. I don't want to ban too many things, but I don't want a certain move/ability to be spammed with no way around it either.

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
I think the simplest gimmick you can pull off involves mind games.

When you look at a team, you can guess which Pokemon is going Mega in a "normal/standard" battle. So use that kind of guess against the opponent! Load up your team with 6 Pokemon whose Megas are ALL threatening, and make the opponent keep guessing which guy is going Mega. THEN the real mind games can start. Such as... do you even HAVE a Mega Stone attached to anyone?

A team composed of: Beedrill, Salamence, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Charizard, and Blaziken, for example. "Oh, the Beedrill is DEFINITELY going Mega." Nope! Charizard goes Mega and Blaziken suddenly gets Sun boosted Flare Blitz.
Thanks DX but the thing I'm having trouble with is coming up with a team that works amazingly well together and is very difficult to predict. And I‘ll be definitely using mind games like those, but since this isn't singles, I need to have good teamwork and other tricks up my sleeve. The strategy I came up with for triples could work for doubles too, but I don‘t want to use the same tricks on both teams. Still, thanks for the help, I‘ll keep working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.