• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Thanks DX but the thing I'm having trouble with is coming up with a team that works amazingly well together and is very difficult to predict. And I‘ll be definitely using mind games like those, but since this isn't singles, I need to have good teamwork and other tricks up my sleeve. The strategy I came up with for triples could work for doubles too, but I don‘t want to use the same tricks on both teams. Still, thanks for the help, I‘ll keep working on it.

I suppose that all depends on your overall battle style. If I was doing the Mass Mega... Yeah, I definitely have a plan that'll be impossible to detect.

scizor64

"sciz"
If any1 is up for test battles using the following format (my gym) that'd be awesome! I'd be happy to do wifi or showdown. Regardless of what happens ill open up my gym tomorrow (sunday) if its alright with you dx. I found some neat tricks to use to get me an advantage even though both players cannot use items.

Singles OU
6v6
No items

DX 2401PT

Monitor
If any1 is up for test battles using the following format (my gym) that'd be awesome! I'd be happy to do wifi or showdown. Regardless of what happens ill open up my gym tomorrow (sunday) if its alright with you dx. I found some neat tricks to use to get me an advantage even though both players cannot use items.

Singles OU
6v6
No items

That's perfectly fine.

And just a heads up. In this league, the base Funday Monday rules are in effect for every battle. It just means that all Pokemon are usable in battle IF that Pokemon is allowed in either OU or the Battle Maison. Just clarifying for that "Singles OU" line.

scizor64

"sciz"
In that case, the itemless singles gym is now open!

Feel free to send pms/vms/ catch me on TEF xat to arrange a battle or battle on the spot. See if you can earn the armorless fighter's badge!

EDIT: I think my gym will always stay open for the most part. Just pm/vm me to arrange a battle. Seems much easier. If any of the gym leaders wanna spar in their gym battle type i'd be happy to do that as well.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
My All-In Frontier is always open as well. Whenever you want to see what funky gimmick I can pull off, come and see.

And for those who want practice battles for whatever, I can probably help out too.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So, how are the leaders doing? I've been busy recently with Pokemon Dream Radar RNG. Given its simplicity, there may be some... interesting prizes/gifts down the line, should I ever feel like contributing or making another tournament. Here I was, ready to offer shiny IV 31 all Legendaries in exchange for Sheer Force Landorus, and I realized that I can literally harvest as many as I want...

And leaders, do try to open up once a week. The best way to increase activity is to have the leaders prove that they are available for battles. More leaders that show themselves, higher likelihood of challengers coming in.

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
So, how are the leaders doing? I've been busy recently with Pokemon Dream Radar RNG. Given its simplicity, there may be some... interesting prizes/gifts down the line, should I ever feel like contributing or making another tournament. Here I was, ready to offer shiny IV 31 all Legendaries in exchange for Sheer Force Landorus, and I realized that I can literally harvest as many as I want...

And leaders, do try to open up once a week. The best way to increase activity is to have the leaders prove that they are available for battles. More leaders that show themselves, higher likelihood of challengers coming in.
Been busy these past few weeks with school stuff, writting the scripts for my two games and Undertale, so I've been slacking from Pokemon. Still, I finally came up with a great team to use for the Double battles, so now it just needs to get made and it'll be ready for wifi. I do apologize for not posting much, should become more active starting next week as things get done.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So I've been thinking about a monotype all in. Namely, with Normal types, since that's a type that I underutilze. Apart from Ditto, which is hardly a Normal type.

Anyone have some interesting Normal types that they like to use?

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
So I've been thinking about a monotype all in. Namely, with Normal types, since that's a type that I underutilze. Apart from Ditto, which is hardly a Normal type.

One of the few Normal types that I use is Cinccino, it‘s a great Pokemon.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion

As a Normal Leader in most Leagues, I would say Normal is an amazing type to use.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I think there are... just 4 Normal types that I use relatively often.

- Ditto. Duh. What is yours is now mine. And faster.
- Swellow. The whole Guts + Flame Orb + Facade. Hits monstrously hard.
- Staraptor. A purely gimmickly guy. Reckless + Life Orb + Double Edge/Brave Bird. It kills really fast, and dies really fast.
- Porygon2. Eviolite, of course. And sometimes packing Magic Coat for hilarity.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I think there are... just 4 Normal types that I use relatively often.

- Ditto. Duh. What is yours is now mine. And faster.
- Swellow. The whole Guts + Flame Orb + Facade. Hits monstrously hard.
- Staraptor. A purely gimmickly guy. Reckless + Life Orb + Double Edge/Brave Bird. It kills really fast, and dies really fast.
- Porygon2. Eviolite, of course. And sometimes packing Magic Coat for hilarity.

You must try using:
- Ambipom, Technician Fake Out + Life Orb does a lot. Plus it has a nice movepool.
- Blissey, Why wouldn't you use her, she takes Physical hits from most Pokemon, and all Special hits.
- Purugly, is really fast, plus as a Lead with Defiant, it takes on those Intimidate users.
- Lopunny, Its Mega kicks all the but.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
You must try using:
- Ambipom, Technician Fake Out + Life Orb does a lot. Plus it has a nice movepool.
- Blissey, Why wouldn't you use her, she takes Physical hits from most Pokemon, and all Special hits.
- Purugly, is really fast, plus as a Lead with Defiant, it takes on those Intimidate users.
- Lopunny, Its Mega kicks all the but.

I did use Ambipom back in Generation IV. Fake Out. Fling King's Rock (just for laughs). RUN AWAY! And recently, I RNGed one, leveled it to 87, THEN remembered that Fake Out was an egg move. I haven't made the replacement yet, and this... shiny IV 31 all Jolly Technician Ambipom is going to spend eternity in the bank.

Blissey... ehh... I guess I should. It does pose the most amount of trouble for me barring a few all-ins. I guess it's a Pokemon that doesn't match my overall playstyle. But certainly worth trying out.

Purugly? Hmm... Never thought about it. I used one back in Generation IV and V where I could still use a few... glitches. Own Tempo Purugly with Thrash and Outrage just for laughs. Since XY... never thought about it.

Lopunny is Lopunny. Requires High Jump Kick to really be useful, and given my luck with acc 90 moves... nope.

Hmm... an interesting all-in comes to mind... It will require some more thought, but... definitely worth pursuing in the all-in Frontier. Hopefully it won't end up being a Triple Battle. I have about 6 different all-ins that are in Triples format, and I'm hoping for a few Single battles.

Patman345

We need some battles in this league I am busy but I have no school tomorrow so I will pm/vm somebody if I find time to battle

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Yes. Let's start battling, shall we? Maybe we'll have a miniature League-only tournament.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
As you may have noticed, i am quite inactive on serebii nowadays.
So...well....i step down, since my interests in pokemon are dwindling.

As for normal types, i was a gym leader in the eternian forces league for that type, and i suggest

Ditto
Lopunny
Porygon2 (I owe it all to this robot, i love stall, and its the epitome of stall)
Snorlax
Chansey
Cincinno
Ambipom (Fake out + double hit + u-turn)
Smeargle (Who forgot this)
Exploud
Porygon z
Furfrou (good for lower tiers, tanks like a......tank?)
Mega Pidgeot (just remembered about him/her, and he/she's awesome!)
Meloetta
Diggersby

BYE!

scizor64

"sciz"
Daily reminder that my gym is open on request always. I am training up a second team just to have options for battling.

A miniature tour that is league only sounds fantastic, and I also want to say that any gym leaders that would like to battle in their chosen type feel free to message me to set up something for practice. Thats it for now from me, take care fellas

DX 2401PT

Monitor
As you may have noticed, i am quite inactive on serebii nowadays.
So...well....i step down, since my interests in pokemon are dwindling.

As for normal types, i was a gym leader in the eternian forces league for that type, and i suggest

Ditto
Lopunny
Porygon2 (I owe it all to this robot, i love stall, and its the epitome of stall)
Snorlax
Chansey
Cincinno
Ambipom (Fake out + double hit + u-turn)
Smeargle (Who forgot this)
Exploud
Porygon z
Furfrou (good for lower tiers, tanks like a......tank?)
Mega Pidgeot (just remembered about him/her, and he/she's awesome!)
Meloetta
Diggersby

BYE!

Well, whenever you want to return, feel free to return.

Daily reminder that my gym is open on request always. I am training up a second team just to have options for battling.

A miniature tour that is league only sounds fantastic, and I also want to say that any gym leaders that would like to battle in their chosen type feel free to message me to set up something for practice. Thats it for now from me, take care fellas

Apart from myself, there are 4 people active in this league. Enough for the mini tournament. Here are the details:

- Everyone will battle everyone. Everyone who want to participate, post that you are participating below this post. Then you will message others who are participating to set up the battles. Whoever wins the most number of times will be the winner of this mini tournament. Be sure to report each battle result.

- The battles are all best of 3. The first battle must be in Singles. Second battle in Triples. The tie breaker can be whatever.

- Prize: the winner gets to choose ONE Dream Radar Legendary that they want. Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Lugia, Ho-oh, or Giratina (I don't have Diamond or Pearl, and until I get to my friends who do, Dialga and Palkia will be inaccessible). I can RNG them to be any nature and any IV combination.

- Funday Monday Constraint: Literally Anything Goes. There are NO restrictions of ANY KIND. No clauses. You can have a team of 6 Dark Void Darkrai for all I care.

I will not be participating in the tournament, BUT I will offer practice battles in this "constraint". Since most everyone in the "competitive" environments would've NEVER had this kind of battle before, I'm sure you'll need some practice to know what'll happen.

scizor64

"sciz"
Ill also be participating. Also, since I have a team set up for my gym already and another in the works (3 members done so far) I think ill set up some time to quickly develop a team. I wonder if smogon has an anything goes section. Hmm probably, so Ill try and research that.

Status
Not open for further replies.