• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Alright, that's 2 who want to do this. If no more want to join in by next Monday, the "tournament" will go on, with just those two participants duking it out.

So... I just realized, after leveling a Chansey to 100, that I can get a shiny IV 31 all Chansey with Seismic Toss. The process is a bit time consuming since my Generation IV games are... husks, but I can probably do it. Which means, in the end, I'll have 2 Normal types which people might complain about even though the end result is exactly the same as if I did it "by the book". So in that regard, let me ask:

What is your tolerance level on "legit" Pokemon?

For me, I don't like straight-out hacks. But for a situation where I end up with the EXACT SAME thing as if I did it by hand, then I have no qualms about cheating devices. An example is getting a shiny IV 31 all Legendary Pokemon with a cheating device in Generation IV or V. If that Legendary was encounterable in Generation IV and V, and was not shiny-locked (Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini), then I could've RNGed it to shiny IV 31 all anyways, so what's the harm in using a cheating device in this situation?

And to be clear, I don't use a cheating device (I also don't have one). But in theory, I'd be okay as long as I could've done it by hand.

And I only ask because if I choose to use a certain Clefable (Softboiled) or Chansey, there may be complaints about them having Generation III move tutor moves despite having hatched from Sinnoh or Johto.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Alright, that's 2 who want to do this. If no more want to join in by next Monday, the "tournament" will go on, with just those two participants duking it out.

So... I just realized, after leveling a Chansey to 100, that I can get a shiny IV 31 all Chansey with Seismic Toss. The process is a bit time consuming since my Generation IV games are... husks, but I can probably do it. Which means, in the end, I'll have 2 Normal types which people might complain about even though the end result is exactly the same as if I did it "by the book". So in that regard, let me ask:

What is your tolerance level on "legit" Pokemon?

For me, I don't like straight-out hacks. But for a situation where I end up with the EXACT SAME thing as if I did it by hand, then I have no qualms about cheating devices. An example is getting a shiny IV 31 all Legendary Pokemon with a cheating device in Generation IV or V. If that Legendary was encounterable in Generation IV and V, and was not shiny-locked (Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini), then I could've RNGed it to shiny IV 31 all anyways, so what's the harm in using a cheating device in this situation?

And to be clear, I don't use a cheating device (I also don't have one). But in theory, I'd be okay as long as I could've done it by hand.

And I only ask because if I choose to use a certain Clefable (Softboiled) or Chansey, there may be complaints about them having Generation III move tutor moves despite having hatched from Sinnoh or Johto.

Which is the reason for whenever I trade and u have an unusual moveset, I check to see if it's legit from whatever location it was from.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Welp... never mind on the Chansey. Bulbapedia got their... glitch information wrong.
In that case... time to go for the next least-effort-required method. Breeding in XY with all of its... non shininess and tackling 1/6 odds with Destiny Knot. 1/6 odds, so... it'll take me about... 35 eggs, and will probably need an Ability Capsule.

And update on the league-only mini tournament:
If it's just 2 people facing off, then it'll be a best-of-5. That way, it's not TOO boring. It has to be a bit intense.

And question! It's something you should ask yourself at one point. If you were in a battle where literally ANYTHING was allowed (in Generation VI, so no "illegal" things)... what would you do? What would you be MOST worried about?

Last edited:

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Pokemon obtained through illegitimate means don't bother me at all. Personally, I use legit Pokemon only (unless it's a legendary or something like Ditto) because I really enjoy breeding. Training is a pain though but the result makes it all worth it.

That being said, I do have a cheating device that I bought a while ago for the sole purpose of backing up my save file. This way, if it ever gets corrupted again, I don't lose everything I have. So, if anyone ever needs to clone or something like that, just send me a pm and I'll gladly help.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I always thought that breeding was the worst thing. Like, EVing is done in 5 minutes or less. PKRS, Power item, Exp All, and a Horde encounter. 5 battles later, done. ... Well, 5.1 battles later for 252. Repeat for the other stat. And then head straight for a Blissey base, stare at the level up screens for about 30 minutes. Pokemon that are past their evolution level (for level-up-only evolutions) get 20% extra Exp. One Blissey base gives those Pokemon 211 000 exp while those that don't count for that boost gets 175 000.

And here are two more topics that can be considered for the gym topics. Attack power related!
1: Powerhouse Funday Monday. You can ONLY use attacks whose base power is 3 digits.
2: Slap-happy Funday Monday. You can ONLY use attacks whose base power is 60 or less.

Thoughts?

And anyone else interested in the mini tournament?

scizor64

"sciz"
Ah dx, your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Liking those ideas and once again i am participating in the anything goes tour.

On another note I am reworking my itemless team to be better. I find that relying on abilities is the next best thing to items. For example, no leftovers? ---> use regenerator pokemon. For speed control I work on using mons with high attack priority moves such as scizor. I feel like im getting accustomed to my gym style nicely and would like to progress more in it.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Alright, starting tomorrow, I will be testing out every Leader's teams! Consider this as a live-fire exercise for your teams! Or in gaming terms, beta testing. Whether it'd be on Showdown or Wifi, get them ready!

I will be using a very generic team. Or trying to, depending on each topic. So good luck!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Alright Leaders, I am now here to test your teams! Who's open and is willing to test?
I hope I don't win, but I won't be trying to lose either.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Alright Leaders, I am now here to test your teams! Who's open and is willing to test?
I hope I don't win, but I won't be trying to lose either.

I'm not open, but I am willing to test.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Battle Test Report:
Combatants: DX 2401PT vs. DJSummers
Facility: Alphabetical
Winner: DX 2401PT
Score: 1-0
Rate Your Opponent: 10
Comments: A very... back and forth battle. And understably so. The ability to know that you were screwed before it actually happened is quite the new experience!

Battle Test Report:
Combatants: DX 2401PT vs. scizor64
Facility: Itemless
Winner: scizor64
Score: 4-0
Comments: Wonderful! All challengers definitely need to think more thoroughly about team building!

Battle Test Report:
Combatants: DX 2401PT vs. Nick Duckinson
Facility: Mass Mega (Double)
Comments: GG! I have a Triple Battle idea that may interest you.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Battle Test Report:
Combatants: DX 2401PT vs. DJSummers
Facility: Alphabetical
Comments: A very... back and forth battle. And understably so. The ability to know that you were screwed before it actually happened is quite the new experience!

Confirming, had I known how Alphabetical would be used altogether would have helped with a better test Team.

Anyways, Alphabetical Gym is open.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Confirming, had I known how Alphabetical would be used altogether would have helped with a better test Team.

Anyways, Alphabetical Gym is open.

That's the importance of testing! Help clear the rule confusions.

Rule clarifications!

Alphabetical:
- Your team must be sent out in alphabetical order, and you cannot swap out
- Your team preview (like the screen where you get to select the team order) does NOT have to be in alphabetical order. So you can use that to confuse your opponents for a moment
- Your Pokemon do not have to be in consecutive alphabets, or the same alphabets, you can pick any 6 Pokemon you can use in base Funday Monday rules, and just send them out in alphabetical order

Mass Mega:
- Your team must be full of Pokemon that have Mega Evolutions
- It's up to you to decide which (if any) of them is going Mega
- It's also up to you to have a team where everyone holds their Mega Stones for variability at the expense of item efficiency

Itemless:
- None of your Pokemon may hold an item of any kind. Really hard to confuse this rule
- Even detrimental items cannot be held. So no super gosu strategy involving Lagging Tail or Full Incense
- Items that do nothing also cannot be held. So no Amulet Coin or Pokeball
- Which means, Knock Off is pointless. Back to Night Slash for once!

If you come up with new teams, I'll gladly test it out.
And if you feel like running into a gimmicky team, I can help you with that too.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
That's the importance of testing! Help clear the rule confusions.

Rule clarifications!

Alphabetical:
- Your team must be sent out in alphabetical order, and you cannot swap out
- Your team preview (like the screen where you get to select the team order) does NOT have to be in alphabetical order. So you can use that to confuse your opponents for a moment
- Your Pokemon do not have to be in consecutive alphabets, or the same alphabets, you can pick any 6 Pokemon you can use in base Funday Monday rules, and just send them out in alphabetical order

If you come up with new teams, I'll gladly test it out.
And if you feel like running into a gimmicky team, I can help you with that too.

Good to know for me and anyone challenging my Gym. Plus I'm sure any gimmicks someone thinks of will be talked about.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Good to know for me and anyone challenging my Gym. Plus I'm sure any gimmicks someone thinks of will be talked about.

Speaking of which...

There's a team that I conjured up that I'd like to see tested. It's NOT a Triple Battle team! It's a Double Battle team. Admittedly, I originally planned it to be in Triples, but it probably works better in Doubles.

This team is currently Showdown only. And it goes against my every instinct. It plays the exact opposite of my usual play style. If it works, I'd find it hilarious. If it doesn't work, I would not be surprised at all (heh).

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Alphabetical Gym is open, just VM/PM to challenge.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Well, the Fairy all-in is a dud. Doesn't work. Not a "practical" issue. The game doesn't work that way.

Plan: Triple Battle, Geomancy Xerneas, and a non Imposter Ditto that Transformed into it right afterwards, giving me 2 Geomancy boosted Xerneas, overlapping Fairy Aura, and Dazzling Gleam. And maybe even a Mega Gardevoir with Hyper Voice. Problem: Fairy Aura doesn't stack. Crap.
I could still design the team. It'll just be 75% as effective as the original plan.

Not that it'll matter, since the team won't ever be used anyways.

... Well, I'm bored. Coming up with gimmicky teams that'll never actually get used gets old really fast.

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
My gym will be open all week on Showdown, both Doubles and Triples. Finally decided on a Triples team using your idea DX, so thank you for that. Now, I expect to start breeding pretty soon. And don't despair, people just aren't feeling Pokemon right now but when the new games release, I'm sure you'll get plenty of challengers!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
My gym will be open all week on Showdown, both Doubles and Triples. Finally decided on a Triples team using your idea DX, so thank you for that. Now, I expect to start breeding pretty soon. And don't despair, people just aren't feeling Pokemon right now but when the new games release, I'm sure you'll get plenty of challengers!

Triples team using my idea for Mass Mega... I don't remember what that idea was (heh). There's been a lot of teams conjured up since then, and I've been busy smashing through other games.

Whether there are challengers or not, this League would've served A purpose. No despair. This League is successful in terms of purpose regardless of results.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Alright. Before Legacy of the Void comes out and I suddenly become very busy for a WHILE, I'll announce the FINAL changes to this league.
That's right. Change is coming. Because the last one clearly did a whole lot.

Consider this to be a merge between the first and second editions of this league. In the first edition, Leaders picked a type, and was required to have 4 Pokemon of that type. In the second edition, all Funday Monday topics.

Now behold the Daily League 3.0

- All Leaders gets to pick a type they want. 3 Pokemon must be of that type. Battle format can be whatever.

- Challenges can change teams between battles. They are not allowed to have more than 3 Pokemon types that counter the Leader's. All standard stuff.

- Pokemon Restrictions: Battle Tower rules. If you can use it in Battle Maison, you can use it. Conversely, if you can't use it in Battle Maison, you cannot use it. So no Keldeo, Mew, Celebi, etc.

- Battle Tower rules also mean: no repeat Pokemon and no repeat hold items. But I will lift the item restriction so that you can use any item (so Soul Dew Lati is allowed), and also repeat items.

- NO OTHER CLAUSES ARE IN EFFECT. Mass Baton Pass, Double Team, Quiver Dance Compoundeyes Sleep Powder, Hone Claws Baton Pass into Sheer Cold, I don't care. Be prepared for literally anything. And adapt.

The current version of the league will still be around. They will now be considered like Battle Frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.