• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Daily Pokémon League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Alright. Before Legacy of the Void comes out and I suddenly become very busy for a WHILE, I'll announce the FINAL changes to this league.
That's right. Change is coming. Because the last one clearly did a whole lot.

Consider this to be a merge between the first and second editions of this league. In the first edition, Leaders picked a type, and was required to have 4 Pokemon of that type. In the second edition, all Funday Monday topics.

Now behold the Daily League 3.0

- All Leaders gets to pick a type they want. 3 Pokemon must be of that type. Battle format can be whatever.

- Challenges can change teams between battles. They are not allowed to have more than 3 Pokemon types that counter the Leader's. All standard stuff.

- Pokemon Restrictions: Battle Tower rules. If you can use it in Battle Maison, you can use it. Conversely, if you can't use it in Battle Maison, you cannot use it. So no Keldeo, Mew, Celebi, etc.

- Battle Tower rules also mean: no repeat Pokemon and no repeat hold items. But I will lift the item restriction so that you can use any item (so Soul Dew Lati is allowed), and also repeat items.

- NO OTHER CLAUSES ARE IN EFFECT. Mass Baton Pass, Double Team, Quiver Dance Compoundeyes Sleep Powder, Hone Claws Baton Pass into Sheer Cold, I don't care. Be prepared for literally anything. And adapt.

The current version of the league will still be around. They will now be considered like Battle Frontier.

So now we just choose a type and that's it?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So now we just choose a type and that's it?

Yes. Pick any type.

Consider it like the other "standard" leagues out there, but without ANY of your "OU" "meta" clauses. Battle Tower rules with no item restrictions.

The idea being, you guys should feel what I feel whenever I battle with friends, where I don't know what sort of crap they're going to send at me until it's too late. I've seen a Poison Heal Gliscor using Sub and Hone Claws to Baton Pass into a Sheer Cold Cryogonal. I've been hit by Compoundeyes Vivillon with Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder. Whenever I see Latios, it'll ALWAYS have Soul Dew. The "meta" says give Scizor Superpower. I always have Aerial Ace instead because of Double Team/Minimize issues. And that Aerial Ace has been invaluable precisely because of the number of times I had to deal with evasion shenanigans (mass Baton Pass chains with Double Team). These are the things that you don't have to worry about in any other league because they just ban these things. So I feel that this should be an interesting experience.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Alright, well I'll be going with Ground.
Also you'd have to update the OP so it's understandable to new comers.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Alright, well I'll be going with Ground.
Also you'd have to update the OP so it's understandable to new comers.

The first post had been updated yesterday.

Ground? Sure. Format? Badge name?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
The first post had been updated yesterday.

Ground? Sure. Format? Badge name?

Leader: DJSummers
Serebii ID: DJSummers
Showdown ID (optional): xXMrSummersXx
Battle Format: Singles/Doubles/Triples/Rotation
Type: Ground
Timezone: GMT-5
Friend Code: 0345-0046-5202
Badge Name: Terra Badge

Nick Duckinson

NYEH HEH HEH HEH!
Leader: Nick
Serebii ID: Nick Duckinson
Showdown ID (optional): Duckinson
Battle Format: Singles and Doubles
Type: Bug
Timezone: GMT +1
Friend Code: 0920-0054-3470
Badge Name: Infestation Badge

By the way, do we keep our old positions as Frontier Brains now or did that get reset?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Leader: Nick
Serebii ID: Nick Duckinson
Showdown ID (optional): Duckinson
Battle Format: Singles and Doubles
Type: Bug
Timezone: GMT +1
Friend Code: 0920-0054-3470
Badge Name: Infestation Badge

By the way, do we keep our old positions as Frontier Brains now or did that get reset?

Nothing was reset. ... There was nothing to reset. Anyone who held a position during the void-era still hold that exact position.

Miticus

Hey guys! New to the community, but I hope to become a regular. Right now, myself and a friend are looking for a league to join and I was wondering how this one worked. Could anyone supply some information? I really don't have time to go through all 27 pages :p

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Hey guys! New to the community, but I hope to become a regular. Right now, myself and a friend are looking for a league to join and I was wondering how this one worked. Could anyone supply some information? I really don't have time to go through all 27 pages :p

Welcome! Great to see someone new!

Good news for you: this league was recently reset, so everything that's not in post 1 or 2 in the first page is not really important. Read the first 2 posts and if you still need clarifying, I will gladly help out.

Miticus

My biggest question after reading that is...

Is there not a set schedule on who plays who? Is it season based? At the end of each season is there a playoff mechanic?

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
My biggest question after reading that is...

Is there not a set schedule on who plays who? Is it season based? At the end of each season is there a playoff mechanic?

No schedule. The "daily" of this league is a reference to something else that used to be on a daily basis. Trying to force a certain schedule conflicts with the real life schedules/events of individual members.

It is not season based. No playoff mechanics. The challengers message a Leader to set up a battle.

Miticus

Ohh okay, I see. I think what we are looking for is more along the route of a traditional season setting.

Drafting an X amount of Pokémon, having a schedule set to battle, assigning points to the victors. Though this sounds interesting. Do you know of anything that fits the description I am looking for on this forum?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Ohh okay, I see. I think what we are looking for is more along the route of a traditional season setting.

Drafting an X amount of Pokémon, having a schedule set to battle, assigning points to the victors. Though this sounds interesting. Do you know of anything that fits the description I am looking for on this forum?

There was exactly 1 League that had that description. And that was discontinued.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I completely forgot to do this, so I did it now: the Personnel section (post 3) has been updated.

So the Frontier section is the Funday Monday rules Gyms. Alphabetic, Mass Mega, etc are all there.
The type-Gyms are just under Leaders.

We need 6 more people for both Frontier and League. I expect these slots to be filled whenever Z or Generation VII arrives, whichever one comes first.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I completely forgot to do this, so I did it now: the Personnel section (post 3) has been updated.

So the Frontier section is the Funday Monday rules Gyms. Alphabetic, Mass Mega, etc are all there.
The type-Gyms are just under Leaders.

We need 6 more people for both Frontier and League. I expect these slots to be filled whenever Z or Generation VII arrives, whichever one comes first.

Well my Gym Team is ready, so I'm free to open if you wish to start the battling now.

Also, if you don't want Badges for the Frontier, you can keep Letter and add whatever you want Brains to give away.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Well my Gym Team is ready, so I'm free to open if you wish to start the battling now.

Also, if you don't want Badges for the Frontier, you can keep Letter and add whatever you want Brains to give away.

They're still badges. Because why not. And in your case, the words "Letter Symbol" sound a BIT redundant. Hahaha.

And as always, the all-in Frontier... special battle thing is open and available. And while I may be busy with Legacy of the Void ladder and practicing, just PM and I'll get online.

I'm even available for practice for that Triples competition coming up.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Well My Gym & Frontier are open upon Request to those who wish to Challenge me.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
So I noticed that I still have a few Pokemon that was supposed to be given away as a prize for a tournament that was cancelled, and then the league-only tournament that vanished.
Shiny Jolly Terrakion, one in an Ultra Ball, the other in Luxury Ball, IV 31 all (from White2)
Shiny Timid Virizion, in Heal Ball, IV 31 all (from White2)
Timid Sheer Force Landorus in Dream Ball, IV 31 all, level 100, EVed 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, PKRS

I was saving them for a potential trade for a shiny Yveltal, but I don't think that trade will work out since the other guy seems to be missing. I could hold those as prizes for this league, but... well, inactivity. So I'll sell them to whoever's in this league who wants them. Any takers?

For league news, until activity spurs up... it's basically in sleep mode. Post every now and then. Keep this place alive if you wish.
And just a reminder that this league no longer cares at all about what Pokemon are in what tier. If you can use it in the Battle Maison, all is fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.