• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dancin' in the rain (Rain Dance NU team)

Yeah, I need a bit of help with my team I have my physical attackers sorted and one wall with a lead but I have too many physical attackers and need to replace two for a special attacker.

Electrode (Lead) with Damp Rock
252 Spe Evs, 252 Att ev's

Rain Dance
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Taunt

Grumpig (Special Wall) with Damp Rock
252 Hp Ev's, 252 Sp. Def Ev's

Rain Dance
Psychic
Hidden Power Fire
Signal Beam

Qwilfish (Physical Attacker) with Life Orb
252 Att Ev's, 252 Spe Ev's

Poison Jab
Waterfall
Explosion
Return

Mantine (Special) with leftovers
252 Sp. Atk Ev's, 125 Hp Ev's, 125 Spe Ev's

Surf
Ice Beam
Aerial Ace
Rain Dance

Huntail (Physical) with Life Orb
252 Spe Ev's, 252 Att Ev's

Waterfall
Icefang
Crunch
Return

Floatzel (Physical,) with Leftovers
252 Attack Ev's, 125 HP Ev's, 125

Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Return
Brine

I'd like to switch Floatzel because I already Have huntail to take that part, plus Huntail and Qwilfish do really well anyway and don't need another physical attack to play around,

i'm thinking of gorebyss but i'm not sure.

+
Rate my current team from 1-5, 5 being highest ( Of course :eek:)
Thanks!

No descriptions or natures, but NU needs more love so I'll rate anyway.

Firstly, Qwilfish is UU, sadly. So you'll have to remove him.

Now, Gyro Ball is not a good attack on lead Electrode. Since you're using the rain, I suggest you use Thunder. 100% STAB 120 power move is never bad, even on something which is supposed to really attack outside of Explosion. Also, its nature should be Hasty, with ability Soundproof. Tweak the EVs to 252 Atk/48 SpA/208 Spd for best results with Explosion.

Floatzel greatly outclasses Huntail in terms of rain sweeping, so keep Floatzel and not Huntail.

Floatzel @Life Orb
Swift Swim | Adamant | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
~ Aqua Jet/Waterfall
~ Ice Punch
~ Crunch/Waterfall
~ Return

Very good coverage in NU with these moves, and packing Crunch helps against Psychics, especially Espeon.

Now, you lack Stealth Rock, which is crucial to all teams. Because of this, I suggest you use Relicanth. It's a good revenge killer even without rain.

Relicanth @Choice Scarf
Rock Head | Adamant | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
~ Head Smash
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock

You can bluff a utility set here, by setting up Stealth Rock as they switch to their Relicanth counter/check, meaning you can smash it when they come back in next time.

Next, your team lacks something to deal with a few very big threats in NU, mainly Medicham. Rather than having Grumpig, I suggest you have Dusclops.

Dusclops @Leftovers/Damp Rock
Pressure | Impish | 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
~ Night Shade/Seismic Toss
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Rain Dance

It burns Medicham, rendering it less dangerous than usual, and sets up rain for you too.

Now, Mantine. When it comes to being a special wall, Regice is generally the best in the tier. Hence, I suggest you try it.

Regice @Leftovers/Damp Rock
Clear Body | Calm | 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD
~ Rain Dance
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt/Seismic Toss
~ Thunder Wave

Very good utility Pokemon. Thunder Wave is useful for when rain isn't up and your Pokemon are slowed down a bit.

If you're not too keen on Regice, Dewgong is another option. Hydration is a fantastic ability, and it can be quite an effective special wall providing rain is up.

Dewgong @Leftovers/Damp Rock
Hydration | Calm/Careful | 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
~ Rain Dance
~ Encore
~ Surf/Aqua Jet
~ Rest

Rests off any damage and gets auto-healed by Hydration. Use Calm if you want to go for Surf or Careful if you want Aqua Jet.

Now, you lack a sixth team member. What I think you really lack is another rain abusing sweeper, but this one should be specially based. You could go a number of ways here, but I suggest another Swift Swimmer. Gorebyss is its name.

Gorebyss @Life Orb
Swift Swim | Modest | 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Psychic

Fast and quite deadly sweeper in the rain. Hidden Power Grass lets you hit Quagsire for good damage too.

So, to sum up:
  • Lead Electrode
  • Scarf Relincath
  • LO Floatzel
  • Dusclops
  • Regice/Dewgong
  • LO Gorebyss

Also number ratings are useless btw.

No descriptions or natures, but NU needs more love so I'll rate anyway.

Firstly, Qwilfish is UU, sadly. So you'll have to remove him.

Now, Gyro Ball is not a good attack on lead Electrode. Since you're using the rain, I suggest you use Thunder. 100% STAB 120 power move is never bad, even on something which is supposed to really attack outside of Explosion. Also, its nature should be Hasty, with ability Soundproof. Tweak the EVs to 252 Atk/48 SpA/208 Spd for best results with Explosion.

Floatzel greatly outclasses Huntail in terms of rain sweeping, so keep Floatzel and not Huntail.

Floatzel @Life Orb
Swift Swim | Adamant | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
~ Aqua Jet/Waterfall
~ Ice Punch
~ Crunch/Waterfall
~ Return

Very good coverage in NU with these moves, and packing Crunch helps against Psychics, especially Espeon.

Now, you lack Stealth Rock, which is crucial to all teams. Because of this, I suggest you use Relicanth. It's a good revenge killer even without rain.

Relicanth @Choice Scarf
~ Head Smash
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock

You can bluff a utility set here, by setting up Stealth Rock as they switch to their Relicanth counter/check, meaning you can smash it when they come back in next time.

Next, your team lacks something to deal with a few very big threats in NU, mainly Medicham. Rather than having Grumpig, I suggest you have Dusclops.

Dusclops @Leftovers/Damp Rock
Pressure | Impish | 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
~ Night Shade/Seismic Toss
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Pain Split
~ Rain Dance

It burns Medicham, rendering it less dangerous than usual, and sets up rain for you too.

Now, Mantine. When it comes to being a special wall, Regice is generally the best in the tier. Hence, I suggest you try it.

Regice @Leftovers/Damp Rock
Clear Body | Calm | 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD
~ Rain Dance
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt/Seismic Toss
~ Thunder Wave

Very good utility Pokemon. Thunder Wave is useful for when rain isn't up and your Pokemon are slowed down a bit.

If you're not too keen on Regice, Dewgong is another option. Hydration is a fantastic ability, and it can be quite an effective special wall providing rain is up.

Dewgong @Leftovers/Damp Rock
Hydration | Calm/Careful | 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
~ Rain Dance
~ Encore
~ Surf/Aqua Jet
~ Rest

Rests off any damage and gets auto-healed by Hydration. Use Calm if you want to go for Surf or Careful if you want Aqua Jet.

Now, you lack a sixth team member. What I think you really lack is another rain abusing sweeper, but this one should be specially based. You could go a number of ways here, but I suggest another Swift Swimmer. Gorebyss is its name.

Gorebyss @Life Orb
Swift Swim | Modest | 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Psychic

Fast and quite deadly sweeper in the rain. Hidden Power Grass lets you hit Quagsire for good damage too.

So, to sum up:
  • Lead Electrode
  • Scarf Relincath
  • LO Floatzel
  • Dusclops
  • Regice/Dewgong
  • LO Gorebyss

Also number ratings are useless btw.

Thanks, i'll try the team out :eek: howver I have an issue.

Relicanth @Choice Scarf
~ Head Smash
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Stealth Rock

You said, use stealth rock and then when they bring in a counter use headsmash, but it's scarfed.. What use would that be?

CreepacisT

Upcoming WiFi GOD
...needs descriptions.
don't people read the posting rules?

one thing, and I lol'd when I saw it. gyro ball on electrode, lulz. gyro ball only works well on slow as **** pokemon, so the possibly fastest lead ever doesn't want it :p

and I see otaku remodeled your team :p so if you fix the OP and add descriptions I could rate, haha.

adu98

Magneton could make and appearence

Magneton
Choice Specs/Leftovers
Thunder
Flash Cannon
Hidden Power Grass
Tri Attack/Metal Sound

Only use Metal Sound when holding Leftovers

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Otaku said almost all there was to be said. However, you might want to consider a Rock Polish Relicanth, who can sweep even after the rain fades away. I think Explosion over Thunderbolt for Regice so you can almost assuredly remove a threat which is preventing you from sweeping.

I tried these sets on my rain team and it worked really well

Dewgong@Damp Rock/ Leftovers 252Hp/252SpAtk
Ability: Hydration
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance
-Rest

Surf there for STAB ice beam more STAB and type coverage. set up rain and rest of damage u recover from sleep status at the end of the turn :)

overall 3/5