• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dancing in the Rain (RU Rain Dance)

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
Hey everyone, this is my second RMT on this site. Right now, I only have one video for the team; sorry about that, I've been really busy lately. But I'll get more soon with this team. So without further adieu, I give you:
lapras_sprite_avatar_picture_22440.png
DANCING IN THE RAIN
accelgor.png

The Team
Spr_5b_131.png
Spr_5b_199_s.png
Spr_5b_594.png
Spr_5b_617_s.png
Spr_5b_346.png
Spr_5b_141.png

Videos
[1]

Team Building Process

Spr_5b_131.png

Lapras was the first pokemon for this team that I chose. She is the dancer that usually goes in first and sets up
the rain. She can usually tank a hit or two while getting the rain up and possibly scoring a kill or two. However, if she
is the first one to get the rain up, she has more than done her job. And she is very effective at this.

Spr_5b_131.png
Spr_5b_199_s.png

Slowking was the next choice for the team. He also sets up the rain after the first Rain Dance has been
knocked out, as well as acting as the special wall of sorts. Slowking and Lapras make an incredibly efficient
Rain Dancers, and paired together, you are guaranteed to get the rain up at least once.

Spr_5b_131.png
Spr_5b_199_s.png
Spr_5b_594.png

Alomomola is a Pokemon that I've wanted to use for a very long time. He is another wall, but unlike Slowking
does not have Rain Dance. In fact, he has a standard Smogon moveset, but his EV's at the same time are mixed.
I found him to die too easily to his super effective moves (Electric and Grass) too easily,
and Mixing the EV's helped solve this.

Spr_5b_131.png
Spr_5b_199_s.png
Spr_5b_594.png
Spr_5b_617_s.png

Accelgor is one of my favorite Pokemon in the RU tier, and his shiny form looks absolutely beautiful. I chose him because as my
special sweeper because he is fast, strong, and because HE IS A HIDDEN RAIN DANCER of sorts. He has the move Rain Dance,
but only uses it in case both Slowking and Lapras have died. 3 attacking moves gives him fanstastic coverage as well.

Spr_5b_131.png
Spr_5b_199_s.png
Spr_5b_594.png
Spr_5b_617_s.png
Spr_5b_346.png

Originally I had Armaldo for a long time on this team, but as time went on my Armaldo set kept coming up short. I had two
Pokemon that could do the exact same thing, and was at a lost with what to do. Then I started using Cradily, Armaldos
generation counterpart, and he has worked out just as well as Armaldo, if not better. Overall, Cradily is a great choice for this team.

Spr_5b_131.png
Spr_5b_199_s.png
Spr_5b_594.png
Spr_5b_617_s.png
Spr_5b_346.png
Spr_5b_141.png

Kabutops is the final Pokemon on this team. Kabutops is a great pokemon for this team. He is my Spinner as
well as my physical sweeper. His typing is fantastic, allowing him STAB to both powerful Waterfall attacks as well
as to Stone Edge, which would wreak havoc upon opposing sun teams or opposing hail teams that are prevalent in RU.​

The Pokemon

Spr_5b_131.png
LAPRAS
Ani131MS.png

Lapras (F) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Hydration
56 HP / 40 Def / 196 Spd / 216 SAtk
Modest Nature
Rain Dance
Thunder
Surf
Ice Beam

Lapras is my primary Rain Dancer. Slightly Bulky and with a good amount of speed and special Attack, Lapras is able to tank hits as
well as dish them back out while being in the rain. Thunder is 100% accurate and a STAB Surf in the Rain from a Lapras will do a lot
of Damage. Finally, Ice Beam is a coverage move, making sure any grass pokemon won't make short work of him.​

Spr_5b_199_s.png
SLOWKING
Ani199MS.png

Slowking (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
248 HP / 116 SDef / 144 Def
Calm Nature
Scald
Slack Off
Psyshock
Rain Dance

Slowking is my bulky wall. This is a standard set, yet instead of having Leftovers, he has another Damp Rock, and the standard moveset
has been slightly altered, where Toxic/Thunder Wave has been changed with Rain Dance. Most people are thinking that he has some kind
of status, so Rain Dance is a huge Surprise to most people. His Regeneration power allows him to gain back [SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]3[/SUB] of his
health on the switch in, prolonging his life.​

Spr_5b_594.png
ALOMOMOLA
Ani594MS.png

Alomomola (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
Wish
Toxic
Waterfall
Protect

This is a standard Alomomola set, but he would die too quickly from Electric and Grass attacks. Therefore, I put in the
252 EV's into his SDef instead of him. Other than that, this is a very standard Smogon set that I'm using. There isn't
too much to say about Alomomola. He is a semi-standard wall and wish passing, nothing more.​
Spr_5b_617_s.png
ACCELGOR
Ani617MS.png

Accelgor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sticky Hold
Shiny: Yes
252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
Bug Buzz
Rain Dance
Hidden Power [Rock]
Focus Blast

Accelgor is a fast, fast Pokemon. His speed allows him to revenge kill a lot of pokemon as well act as a potent special sweeper. Bug Buzz is
his stab, and Hidden Power [Rock] and Focus Blast are coverage moves. Finally, Rain Dance allows him to set up rain on a switch if he forces
one and the rain is down, even if it is just for a shorter time than if Lapras or Slowking put the rain up.​

Spr_5b_346.png

CRADILY
Ani346MS.png

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
68 Spd / 248 HP / 180 Def / 12 SAtk
Calm Nature
Stealth Rock
Energy Ball
Recover
Toxic

Cradily is my rocks set up and another wall for my team. His set list is more of a standard set, but the set is a great mixed set for the Pokemon.
However, I'm thinking of switching him back to a Support Set Armaldo. However, Armaldo has been working well for me so far, so which
do you all think is better? If Armaldo any ideas for a good set?​

Spr_5b_141.png
KABUTOPS
Ani141MS.png

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
Waterfall
Superpower
Rapid Spin/Aqua Jet
Stone Edge

Kabutops is a fantastic addition to this team, and makes for a great spinner and physical sweeper. Waterfall and Stone Edge are his two
powerful STAB's, while Superpower gives him coverage attacks. Finally, Rapid spin is to get rid of opposing rocks, but if I do switch
to support set Armaldo I'll put Aqua Jet in it's place.

One Final Look
Spr_b_5b_131.png
Spr_b_5b_199_s.png
Spr_b_5b_594.png
Spr_b_5b_617_s.png
Spr_b_5b_346.png
Spr_b_5b_141.png

I hope you all enjoy this team, everyone! Overall, it is a very solid team, but I know there are a few changes that could be made to make this team a bit better. Please leave some suggestions and enjoy!

Last edited:

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
reserved for threats

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
galvantula /smash.

Your team has really poor synergy, and will really struggle with special bug types and some electric tpyes. No reliable way to get rid of hazards mean stuff like specs manectric will plow trhough you with ease. I would really rework this if I were you.

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
Smash actually hasn't been a problem. Galvantula hasn't been either because of the rock attacks I have. Amoonguss is always a problem though. Also, I do have hazard support, right now my Kabutops has Rapid Spin. Only reason Aqua Jet is there is if I change to a support set Armaldo that has Rapid Spin, there's no need to have it.

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
You do have uncovered weaknesses in Rock, Bug, and Ghost, which won't come up too often, but you should still watch out. Also, you have 4 weaknesses in Grass and Electric only numbed by Accelgor and Cradily respectively.

I also suggest the popular "Regen Core" with Amoonguss to replace one of your waters (probably Slowking).

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
Thanks for ACTUALLY giving me some helpful advice rather than (and paraphrasing here) the "Your team sucks, work on it" thing

Vampaze

I'd suggest changing Lapras with Politoad because Politoad has it's ability "Drizzle" which basically makes "Permanent Rain" until another weather is put into play.

Also.. Starmie over Kabutops because Starmie is a better Spinner.

Toxicroak, Scizor or Breloom over Slowking because its a better Sweeper.

Just ask me if you want the sets for them.

McDanger

I'd suggest changing Lapras with Politoad because Politoad has it's ability "Drizzle" which basically makes "Permanent Rain" until another weather is put into play.

Title: Dancing in the Rain (RU Rain Dance team)

face, meet palm

jokes aside potatoe is right, your team has very poor syenergy leaving most RU threats major threats.

I suggest giving accelgor the damp rock as he is the fast rain inducer thus the most likely to get rain up, so get it up for 8 turns.
Your team doesnt really abuse the rain to much, kabutops being the best abuse. I would switch lapris`s set to a physical dragon dance set which makes use of his hydration ability in the way of rest. Also, I would strongly advise against giving your weather sweeper the weather move.
Next I suggest switching cradily-> uxie as uxie provides solid bulk making him an ideal user of rain dance, rocks, and u turn to scout. With uxie as another wall alomomola isnt as useful, so i suggest another rain sweeper, ludicolo. Ludicolo helps with both the grass and electric weakness and abuses the rain with swift swim, and has wide coverage. Ludicolo helps both kabotops and lapris by beating strong physical walls such as uxie and aggron (tho the later is easily killed)
With lapris as the late game sweeper and your current move set on kabutops i would consider a choice band which in the rain would give him a +1 attack and +2 speed, but also makes him a powerful revenge killer with aqua jet

If you need to switch weather inducers, consider liepard, as prankster makes it so you always get the weather up

TL;DR
life orb---> damp rock on accelegor
cradily---> uxie
special set---> dragon dance set on lapris
alomomola---> ludicolo
life orb--> choice band on kabutops

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
Title: Dancing in the Rain (RU Rain Dance team)

face, meet palm

jokes aside potatoe is right, your team has very poor syenergy leaving most RU threats major threats.

I suggest giving accelgor the damp rock as he is the fast rain inducer thus the most likely to get rain up, so get it up for 8 turns.
Your team doesnt really abuse the rain to much, kabutops being the best abuse. I would switch lapris`s set to a physical dragon dance set which makes use of his hydration ability in the way of rest. Also, I would strongly advise against giving your weather sweeper the weather move.
Next I suggest switching cradily-> uxie as uxie provides solid bulk making him an ideal user of rain dance, rocks, and u turn to scout. With uxie as another wall alomomola isnt as useful, so i suggest another rain sweeper, ludicolo. Ludicolo helps with both the grass and electric weakness and abuses the rain with swift swim, and has wide coverage. Ludicolo helps both kabotops and lapris by beating strong physical walls such as uxie and aggron (tho the later is easily killed)
With lapris as the late game sweeper and your current move set on kabutops i would consider a choice band which in the rain would give him a +1 attack and +2 speed, but also makes him a powerful revenge killer with aqua jet

If you need to switch weather inducers, consider liepard, as prankster makes it so you always get the weather up

TL;DR
life orb---> damp rock on accelegor
cradily---> uxie
special set---> dragon dance set on lapris
alomomola---> ludicolo
life orb--> choice band on kabutops

Yeah I know the name is terrible :p But I'll definitely consider all of this. I ran choice band on Kabutops before but the reason I switched is because I found that when I had a choice band on, I never, and i mean NEVER, used Rapid Spin. I feel like I used it more when I had life orb on, because then i was a little less pressured to attack rather than spin rocks away. For that reason, I'm going to keep the Kabutops the way he is. The other ideas, however, I will try for sure. Do you mind giving me sets for the Pokemon, if there is a set that you think would work well? Or would Smogons standard work well enough?

Hopkinc1

Music = Life

Also Vamp, I would consider this...except it's an RU team, not OU :p

McDanger

Yeah I know the name is terrible :p But I'll definitely consider all of this. I ran choice band on Kabutops before but the reason I switched is because I found that when I had a choice band on, I never, and i mean NEVER, used Rapid Spin. I feel like I used it more when I had life orb on, because then i was a little less pressured to attack rather than spin rocks away. For that reason, I'm going to keep the Kabutops the way he is. The other ideas, however, I will try for sure. Do you mind giving me sets for the Pokemon, if there is a set that you think would work well? Or would Smogons standard work well enough?

ya standard smogon sets would work