• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dancing Queen // A Tribute to the End of BW2

Skarm™

Light It Up
EsZhGLw.png

// Introduction //
Welcome one, welcome all, to my final RMT and team until Pokemon X and Y start. This team was based on a challenge that my clan is hosting (a very simple one), that can be found here. The objective was to create a team that had at least 3 Pokemon learning a move with the word 'dance' in it. This includes moves like Petal Dance, Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, Lunar Dance, etc. It also had to achieve a rating or 1890+, which is easy for most of you guys looking at this. Well I'm not what you'd call an experienced battler, so whenever I get close to that goal I lose a match or two, and then I work my arse off to get back there and I keep losing points. Thus, I'm posting this team to make sure that it's my battling skills that are mediocre here, not just the foundations or issues of the team itself. This team does have its own 'dancing queen', which is the obvious Volcarona. I've also incorporated the very underrated Dragon Dance Latios into this team because wynaut and it's awesome to use Outrage/Dragon claw on a Blissey switching in on your 'Draco Meteor' that your opponent thinks is coming. My last dancer is Gyarados, which checks Volcarona pretty well unless it's set up too much and/or has Giga Drain. Now, without further due, let me show you the team!

// At A Glance //
ZwTMOYO.gif
EXomxA3.gif
6WQU7oa.gif
CZjsgbu.gif
CexGCGK.gif
wwmHrrx.gif

// In-Depth Analysis //

tumblr_m357u9z4De1qkvue8o1_500.gif

Picasso (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento

I've really enjoyed using this Smeargle because you have so many options. You obviously get a spore up the first turn unless they lead with Sand or Hail, in which case I just get right down to business. Anyways, once I set a spore up, I proceed to set up screens if I feel necessary, or just Memento if they switch and boom, I have a sweep opportunity. 252 Speed EVs are to try to get the quickest screens/memento up and the 252 HP is for something else to invest in, because I don't really need anything else. You can use a Jolly nature as well because it doesn't attack at all.

tumblr_ma9o8y5wof1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Eonic Espionage (Latios) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Dragon Dance Latios is always fun to use because it's so unexpected. I see Espeons, Cresselias, etc setting up Light Screens and switching to something like Jellicent and then when they notice the Dragon Dance, they're like what the fudge? I don't know if I want Dragon Claw or Outrage because I often run into something like a Dragonite at 100% with a Ferrothorn waiting for me, and then sometimes things can survive D-Claw and I want Outrage. I also wish that Latios had a physical Fire type move because even with a high base 130 Special Attack, it doesn't do nearly as much as I want without investment, and I can't afford to take anything away from attack investment since it has base 90, which is crap in this metagame. Also, I took this set from mcdanger's RMT on Serebii because it's pretty cool.

tumblr_mak49sumOW1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Dancing Queen (Volcarona) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Volcarona, my dancing queen. This is usually what I send out after Smeargle dies/mementos. It's basically a free set-up if the opponent is sleeping or is in memento, so I just Quiver Dance once or twice and begin to sweep. I use Life Orb over Leftovers because I have Giga Drain to get back some health, but it's sometimes been the death of me. Fiery Dance has a good amount of PP and raises my Special Attack some more which can be essential at times, and Bug Buzz is a great STAB that KOs things like Lati@s, Espeon, etc.

1009.gif

Apophis (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

My third dancer, SubDD Gyarados is my Substitute abuser and my check to Volcaronas that don't carry a Giga Drain at like +2 or more or anything. Waterfall KOs Volc easily and Bounce does nice damage to Ferrothorn and paralyzes sometimes. Not much else to say besides that I love the fact that when I substitute, they Leech Seed / T-Wave with Ferrothorn and then they get mad because apparently Substitute is for noobs.

tumblr_m7zxmeW3D31qd87hlo1_500.gif

Uncle Grandpa (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch

LO Sheer Force Conkeldurr, one of the most underrated threats of all time in OU. Sheer Force negates the effect of LO on the elemental punches in this set, and the damage that's not negated is made up for by Drain Punch. Mach Punch always comes in handy when they have a T-tar or something like that with low health. If they switch to Landorus-T to try to lower it's attack, I can Ice Punch and iirc it does about 90% to it, and with the damage from a Drain Punch, it should KO. Conkeldurr can take many other mons such as Heatran, Jellicent, Tentacruel, etc. Conkeldurr is my main mon to put offensive pressure on the opponent.

tumblr_mg5hsameAB1r84emlo1_r1_500.gif

Medusa (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

What can I say? This is the standard Ferrothorn that everybody using loves, and everybody going against hates. Leech Seed is the form of recovery, Spikes make the opponent take some damage, T-Wave stops opposing mons like Gyarados, Volc, Keldeo, etc. from successfully sweeping, and Power Whip takes out stuff like Keldeo, Jellicent, and other stuff. Standard EVs let me take lots of hits from stuff, you guys know because we've all seen Ferrothorns.

// Updates //

~None so far~

// Importable //
HTML:
Picasso (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento

Eonic Espionage (Latios) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Dancing Queen (Volcarona) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Apophis (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Uncle Grandpa (Conkeldurr) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Mach Punch

Medusa (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

// Closing //

Well guys, that was my team. I thank you guys for taking the time to look through it, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a rate of any kind as I'd be really grateful!
235.gif
381.gif
637.gif
130.gif
534.gif
598.gif

Jirachi The Based God

oh my god based god
you're 6-0ed by tornadus and ddnite, and ferrothorn kills all your momentum. whenever it comes in you waste dual screen turns which is pretty huge considering it's your srer. use scarf rachi over it with iron head / ice punch / u-turn / stealth rock which fixes all three of these problems at once