• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dancing With the Ducklett Trio! (679)

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I love the animation for this episode.... its funny.... I forget who it was but the Animator was the same one for DP156.... The Grandma Wilma & Gible Episode.^__^

firepokemontrainer

I like how people are saying Ash's "days of catching evolved pokemon" are over just because he hasn't done it since Johto and saying that Ash won't catch Krokorok because it evolved before ash could catch it while it was a Sandile. Also how is this a filler? We got Axew and Scraggy training,Pikachu learning a new move, and the first Evolution of a pokemon in Best Wishes

I think some are thinking of a filler as something that doesn't push a character's development along. We seen them at least trying to get Axew and Scraggy stronger, so that's some development, even if Axew is still creating powerful sneezes. There's also Pikachu learning a new electric move, it's first since Volt Tackle in the battle frontier episodes.

Even if it's a filler in some people's eyes, it was rather entertaining. The Ducklett were just very Mischievous pokemon who liked to take stuff, possibly from unsuspecting trainers. I thought it was quite hilarious when one shot Oshawott with Scald twice and he threw his Scalchop on the ground, only to realize it's not such a good idea. I liked the entire episode to be honest.

KibaLG8

I was hoping they would someday remix the Rival Battle theme from BW & they did it this episode!!! HELL YEA! Only halfway done with the episode and its pretty hilarious...

Also, what is up with Oshawott? Everytime he got hit by Boiling Water, it tossed its shell into the ground, realized it tossed it and picks it up.... a running gag perhaps? It was pretty funny.

Last edited:

pokefandt

I was hoping they would someday remix the Rival Battle theme from BW & they did it this episode!!! HELL YEA! Only halfway done with the episode and its pretty hilarious...

They did, huh how was it, the remix I mean? I This episode was pretty fun and had the added bonus of pikachu learning a new move for the first time since 2005 or 2006. Its like 50/50 chance of seeing those Duckletts again for me. They seemed too funny to just be one off characters.

We'll definately be seeing Krokorok/Warubiru again. It be nuts for the writers not too, I say in another 10 or so episodes.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Aside from Pikachu learning Electro Ball, did Ash try to teach Zuruggu any sort of actual attacks?

Also, I hate to be THAT guy, but although Megaruco wasn't caught (or it's evolution), it does seem likely that he will still get it. It's got a good powerful move (Stone Edge), a desire to battle Ash, and of course fits into his general battle style. All it needs is some training and it becomes another reserve. And we all know how much Ash loves his Ground types (Donphan, Torterra, Gible, Gliscor).

KibaLG8

They did, huh how was it, the remix I mean? I This episode was pretty fun and had the added bonus of pikachu learning a new move for the first time since 2005 or 2006. Its like 50/50 chance of seeing those Duckletts again for me. They seemed too funny to just be one off characters.

We'll definately be seeing Krokorok/Warubiru again. It be nuts for the writers not too, I say in another 10 or so episodes.

I liked it....:D It started off with some wierd beat... and I was like what the heck is this? Then I listened carefully & I jumped out of my seat.haha They played it twice as well... When Sandile evolved, I think they did an instrumental version of the BW opening.

kemal07

Loved the episode. But God I wish Ash just caught it or it joined him as it's going to get annoying reading alot of people predicting Ash is going to catch Krokorok every episode it is set to appear in.

pokefandt

Thank you again Kiba for linking me to the episode. Man those birds were annoying and pretty well coordinated too. Wow, Warubiru voice is much deeper that Sandile. I didn't think it would deepen that much. I really do hope ash catches it in the future.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The writers are doing a really good job at preventing fillers. I guess Pikachu learned Electro Ball over Volt Tackle? Or got a 5th attack.

I'll watch this later. It looks decent.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Also, what is up with Oshawott? Everytime he got hit by Boiling Water, it tossed its shell into the ground, realized it tossed it and picks it up.... a running gag perhaps? It was pretty funny.

Boiling water = shell gets hot, he threw it away then picked it up, it was just hot :p.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I guess Pikachu learned Electro Ball over Volt Tackle? Or got a 5th attack.
5th attack. From what I've seen Pokemon don't always forget moves to learn new ones unless they're seen an upgrade of said move. However even though it knows five attacks it'll be limited to four per battle.

Porygandrew

The new Evolution animation [IMG200]http://i.imgur.com/KhPbw.gif[/IMG200]

OMG THAT'S AWESOME!!!

Though it helps Sandile and Waruvile are pretty similar. I'd wait until they show some evolution that has a larger disparity such as kaburumo into shubarugo or ... actually there really isn't that much evolution disparity this gen except for maybe futachimaru into daikenki.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
can anybody tell me where I can watch the episode online? It's usually on youtube by now but I can't seem to find it! hmph.
We can't. Site rules. Since it is technically illegal the site has the rule the avoid any legal issues. My only suggestion is to look for it yourself.

Aegon

Oh, yeah, a "bad poster" is someone whom Pepsi_Plunge disagrees with. Yeah, add me to that list, too.

Oh my God! You're answering me despite the fact that I don't deserve it? You're so generous! I feel so honored!

Random filler Pokemon steal Ash's hat. So complete, so exciting! And so unprecedented!

God.

Hey look! I care!

Nothing is impossible. Some things are unlikely, though!

Okay, maybe the episode wasn't filler. This depends on whether that Krokorok returns or not. It's possible that he blasted off forever, y'know.

Moves have NO PLOT MEANING, though. They don't make the episode less filler.

God. Why are you torturing me?

God, why are your posts so negative? This episode was not a filler. Pikachu learned a new move, and SS evolved. Try watching every other episode from now on, with no knowledge of this episode. It's not a filler, major events happened.

VoltTacklingPika

Whether it was filler or not, I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed that episode. The random comedy provided by the Ducklett trio made me laugh out loud numerous times. I also enjoyed the music in this episode, three tracks in particular. I don't think these have been used before this episode. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. The rival theme from the Black and White games was used twice.

2. The theme called "Emotion" (not sure if that is its official name) was used briefly. This is the "sad" theme from the games.

3. An instrumental of the opening theme for Best Wishes was used after Sandile evolved.

All in all, a very entertaining episode with enough plot significance to not make it 100% filler.

Last edited:
Oops! Sorry for breaking the rules! Found it myself anyway!

It's a pretty sweet episode. It's nice to see excadrill again, even if it did nothing. I'm also liking pika's new move - even if I don't think it deserved that win at the end! :)

EDIT: oh and how funny is it when scraggy goes up to sandile to headbutt it and oshawott has to hold him back? haha

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I loved this episode!

Training
~ Ash's Scraggy vs Iris' Axew. These two are perfect rivals for each other. I laughed when Cilan covered his food once Iris commanded Axew to use Dragon Sneeze.
~ Oh, Oshawott came out, and that gave Ash the idea to send out Tepig, Snivy, and Sewaddle out also.
~ The ground swallowed Ash and Pikachu, and left the three pokeballs behind.

Separation
~ Ash and Pikachu slide down a tunnel, made by the Sunglassed Sandile.
~ A Ducklett steals Cilan's kitchen utensil. It was hilarious how Mijumaru's shell reflected the Scald onto Iris. Where's the ninja moves you had in the Trubbish and Bianca episodes? HUH?
~ Iris, Axew, Scraggy, and Oshawott chase down Huey. Cilan and Pansage check out the hole.
~ Back with Ash, Pikachu and Sandile... Sandile wants a battle, they accept. Okay, Ash has encountered Sandile in "A Sandile Gusher of Change" and in the Trubbish episode... shouldn't you have known it was a ground type by now?
~ Dewey steals Sandile's glasses, and it becomes a-scared.
~ Then Louie steals Ash's hat. They chase them down.
~ They battle the Huey, Dewey and Louie... these birds are real as..jerks.
~ Pikachu gets caught inside an umbrella when using Thunderbolt.
~ REMATCH!
~ Pikachu learns Electro Ball! They send the Duckletts flying.
~ Its still hilarious seeing Oshawott ragequit after attempting to dodge Scald but having to block it with its scalchop.

Reunion Conclusion
~ They reunite its battle time again!
~ It was hilarious seeing Scraggy about to Headbutt Sandile but was stopped by Oshawott before he could. lol
~ Pikachu has Quick Attack, Thunderbolt (used prior to the battle), Iron Tail, and Electro Ball.
~ Sandile has Bite, Dig, and Stone Edge.
~ First Unova evolution seen! Sandile evolves into Krokodile.
~ Krokodile gets sent blasting off via a collision of Stone Edge and Electro Ball.

Great funny episode! 9/10!