• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dane Cook, FUNNY or NOT

Pokewiz

Good bye :)
I for one, find Dane Cook very funny. Every time I see him on tv or on youtube I seriously just have to start doubling over in laughter. So, I was wondering, do you find him funny? Why or why not? I know that there are the people who simply think he's retarded or just overactive or that his type of comedy isn't really comedy.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
He's gotten less funny since he made all those bad movies, and he's not as funny as people like Mitch Hedburg and George Carlin (Yes, they're both dead). But he still gets a laugh out of me.

Cyan

Mortal
I think he's funny.

Heist/Monkey and the creepy guy at work are my favorite Dane Cook jokes.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
He's very funny. Mainly cause he's telling the truth. But stretching it to make it funny.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Dane Cook is funny. I don't get why some people hate him.

Dane Cook is pretty funny, I watch him if he happens to be on something like comedy central but not near as much as my friend who thinks he is hysterical.

Valkyrie X

Meh, I saw one of his shows, and the most he got out of me was a snicker or two. I just found the whole thing...really unfunny. I don't know why. I guess I'll have to see his other performances to really judge him, but whatever.

I like Jeff Dunham and Jim Gaffigan better. :(

Profesco

gone gently
I don't find him funny. I also don't find Jeff Dunham very funny. I like Jim Gaffigan, though. =)

RagTag

Shroomin'
He's Hilarious, I have his special Viscous Circle on DVD

Haruka

Banned
Admittedly, Dream House and naming his kid made me laugh. But in general, I'm really not a big fan.

Demetri Martin's still my favorite.

FlaminUki

Evil Evil Monkey!!!!
I think he's funny.

Heist/Monkey and the creepy guy at work are my favorite Dane Cook jokes.

I love those two jokes.
Monkey: Get in, we gotta go!"
Guy: "Thank's for the candy."

TSL

Mischievous.
He's really funny, but it annoyed me when he played a part in Dan In Real Life. That movie was teh suckzorz uber

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I don't find him funny, I watched a few of his specials trying to like him but, when he tries a joke it's like he is beating you with it and acts out every little thing. It's better when someone gets the joke without having to see someone act it out. Anyway, It may not be my type of humor. I like Jeff Dunham, Chelsea Handler and Kathy Griffin so, yeah.

Pokewiz

Good bye :)
I'll admit that some of his jokes are lame but you know what? They just wouldn't work on anyone else. It's because with him he doesn't just sit there and tell the jokes, he moves around and allows you to imagine the joke.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Acting a joke out doesn't leave anything to the imagination, really. Telling jokes allows people to imagine the whole thing rather then seeing someone act out a joke as a way of explaining it. If you need to explain a joke it wasn't that funny.