• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Danger INC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for magic to weigh in.

Torny-T. Alright, its gone on smogon. It could even be gone by the time this team is finished on PO. Therefore I say we build the team without considering it as a threat. Also Torny can take on blissey fairly well, as with U turn, a correct predict on the chansey switch can cost it 10%HP + hazards. Assuming you have something that can force a chansey out left you can weaken it. do this twice, and with SR it losses 45%. comes in on torny a third time and it loses. with super power on the send in the second time it has the potential to KO with U turn, 2 rocks, super power, -1 super power.

Rotom-w is better than gatsro for this team as it has volt switch. better than lanturn as WoW and pain split. Also between it and forrie, we have both defenses covered on volt switchers. I might give it hp grass, as monetum could be robbed by gastros.

Thunbolt could help over trick.

Sun team threats. Clear skies always struggle with sun teams, as victini and venusaur can throw attacks around, and not fear weather switch ins to cut power or speed. A manual wetaher inducer could help. The suggestion of Rain dance kingdra may help as:
Takes on torny-T and rain teams (cept thorn), takes on sun, and to a degree sand. leaves hail as an issue, however mew does well against hail teams. I also suggest AURA SPHERE over EARTH POWER. Hits ttar harder, and hits kyurem. Volt switch deals with tenta, and we with rotom-w, we have something to switch into reliably. aura sphere still heats heatran fairly hard, as well as Ttarn the 2 main targets of earth power. Mew has the bulk to take a hit from most kyruems, N and B, so a move to hit back (even if it doesn't KO, being able to do twice as much as fire blast before going down, and accuracy will hurt it, and leave it revengable and SR fodder)

Kylo

Survival Instinct
Ok, switch trick and put tbolt.
Switch Earth Power for Aura Sphere on mew.
Put Rotom-W as im convinced it'll do good.
So i vote rotom-w for this place.
Kingdra has a big advantage for the manual weather place so...if someone brings a problem to be discuss'd just point it.
What to do with gastrodons?
like, 252SpAtk Life Orb Sniper Kingdra (+SAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (+SpDef): 50% - 59% (214 - 253 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
but we can play till we catch it and...
252Atk Life Orb Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/84Def Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (Neutral): 76% - 90% (328 - 387 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
So if we play well it can ce defeated.

TheAdmiral

Smell ya later
Ok, switch trick and put tbolt.
Switch Earth Power for Aura Sphere on mew.
Put Rotom-W as im convinced it'll do good.
So i vote rotom-w for this place.
Kingdra has a big advantage for the manual weather place so...if someone brings a problem to be discuss'd just point it.
What to do with gastrodons?
like, 252SpAtk Life Orb Sniper Kingdra (+SAtk) Draco Meteor vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (+SpDef): 50% - 59% (214 - 253 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
but we can play till we catch it and...
252Atk Life Orb Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/84Def Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (Neutral): 76% - 90% (328 - 387 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
So if we play well it can ce defeated.

Kylo, you are forgetting DM drops SpA by two stages so actually you are not 2HKOing gastro even after rocks and he'll just recover it off. Gastro is not coming in on Mienshao ever so that point is meaningless.

Magic, yes definitely aura sphere on mew and TBolt>Trick

Sheps: "Forry is equally defensive as blissey"... just no. Blissey/Chancy is much harder to kill. forry dies to a stiff breeze on the special side, and in addition it has its crippling 4x weak to fire. On the physical side it gets 2HKO'ed by common physical threats such as Terrakion and Mienshao(Mienasho after SR). Its no better in terms of momentum either, volt turn is only effective if you predict right(eg. if you predict your opp will switch and you VT as he uses a powerful attack instead youre screwed) and even then I still feel that Chancey is equal to the task by forcing stuff out and weakening the opp's team in order to turn 2HKO's into OHKO's etc.

magic1jpg_zpsd94f6e5f.jpg

620.gif
Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 24SAtk / 232 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

151.gif
Mew @ Expert Belt
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Volt Switch

205.gif
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

094.gif
Gengar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast

479-wash.gif
Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SAtk / 244 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Also i feel people may enjoy reading this. I played no part in the organisation of these comments and did not support any of the posters in their ridiculous opinions, or give them any ideas to post at all.

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?19249-Tornadus-T-Suspect-Discussion/page6

Last edited:

Kylo

Survival Instinct
TheAdmiral ik it dops 2 stages, i just wanted to see 1 and only strike.
I havent said it will come i said we can set a trap and see what we can take from it but w/e...so what are we looking now? Manual weather?

TheAdmiral

Smell ya later
the team is kinda vulnerable to mixmence atm. If it comes in and spams DM things die, even rotom and mew will be taking 70%ish. Forry is easily OHKOed by FB even at -2SpA . Gengar can't easily revenge kill it as shadow ball is only doing around 56% so even after rocks and a turn of life orb it is still falling short. Mew can threaten but is 2HKOed so basically has to stake its life on a speed tie. Meinshao can easily revenge it but will struggle to switch into any of its attacks, so MixMence will just kill stuff then get out.

if mew is speed tying to mence your running mence wrong. That mew has bulk, not speed.

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
hmm as the last mon i think mamoswine might fit? it matches up pretty strong vs sun and revenges mence as well as big threat double dance thundy t. so lo mence seems a pretty classy fit for the team. po suspects suck~

Kylo

Survival Instinct
Dat idea seems good...
Ice Shards will help us, since chlorosometin are grass types.
Genies all weak to ice moves but then we can have a prob. Like scarf victini in sun...?
It will kill somethin at least once...How we handle it? just thinkin

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
3rding Mamo as it helps against genies dragons and sun. However I'd prefer dash Mamo. It would deal better without victini and since we have a solid spinner to keep the sash in tact. And it pretty much guarantees the ko of one poke with good prediction including victini. Almost no sun pokemon is okay with switching into earthquake and ices hard.

Oh well thats just dandy. took a break from serious laddering, I get my game back on and it resets 3 days later.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Yeah, was nice while it lasted. I hit a new peak this round. But I'm excited to see what I can do with this team. Here is an idea, let's have a war with CC where the battlers can only use the team from their ccat. :p

TheAdmiral

Smell ya later
My mistake, had thought Mew was 252+ for some reason, yes I agree mamo is a reasonable shout, although it would mean our team was leaning towards being very frail and over-relying on revenge killing rather then being able to hard counter stuff. Definitely against sash mamo though, I hate sash with a passion its just such a poor item when one looks at it objectively, having a rapid spinner and keeping entry hazards off the field are two completly different things, particualrly when forry cannot deal with many common hazard setters such as TTar. Also it means mamo cannot really switch in to anything as if attacked on switch in it will lose its sash.

"Almost no sun pokemon is okay with switching into earthquake and ices hard. "

No, but the problem is that to counter a threat you have to switch into them and there lies the problem.

TLDR; mamo is good shout but life orb far more beneficial than sash

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
po ladder resetting in 24 hours! deo d and torn t suspect

Yuss, I accidentally laddered on one of my alts and this shall fix it =]

My mistake, had thought Mew was 252+ for some reason, yes I agree mamo is a reasonable shout, although it would mean our team was leaning towards being very frail and over-relying on revenge killing rather then being able to hard counter stuff. Definitely against sash mamo though, I hate sash with a passion its just such a poor item when one looks at it objectively, having a rapid spinner and keeping entry hazards off the field are two completly different things, particualrly when forry cannot deal with many common hazard setters such as TTar. Also it means mamo cannot really switch in to anything as if attacked on switch in it will lose its sash.

"Almost no sun pokemon is okay with switching into earthquake and ices hard. "

No, but the problem is that to counter a threat you have to switch into them and there lies the problem.

TLDR; mamo is good shout but life orb far more beneficial than sash

Hmm idk, lead Mamo with Sash is remarkably good as a lead, and if you're fortunate enough to keep hazards at bay for a while, it can prove to be a nasty suprise later on. In saying that, LO Mamo is a really solid set too and the extra power on moves like EQ, Icicle Spear, Superpower, (occasionally Stone Edge) and Ice Shard, not to mention pretty decent coverage...Hmm it's an interesting toss up...

mamo doesn't help that much against sun as he can not come in on FIRE or GRASS moves, taking sun boosted fire and SE grass. If this were my team, I wouldn't put him in. But its your team. So keep thinking.

Kylo

Survival Instinct
Why dont we go Band Dragonite?
It doesnt seem a bad idea, it can take the multiscale hit and send back great damage.
ExtremeSpeed for weakened opponents, Fire Punch for thorns, etc, Outrage for you know why and EQ for heatrans, etc.
Forry spins rocks and Multiscale stays safe.
Can enter in Fire Type moves and Gras types, which are common in Sun.
idk how much sludge bomb does bc of venusaur, but there are venu that carrys HP [ice] (1,21% iirc, #11 used set so...not that big stuff).
I think this can be a usefull idea, or go Lum Berry Dnite.

Just to say we don't have to add a 6th Pokemon to cover all our problems, we could swap an existing one out. Food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.