• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Danger INC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
Smgono suspected keldeo quite some time ago Hawk, yes. PO never have. The chances are, due to releases and bans since then, the meta has shifted enough to be more in keldeo's favor, even with tornadus-t gone, rain seems just as prevalent as ever, and with sand being a bit more poplar, so is scarf keldeo as it works both on and against sand teams.

The only release/ban since then that I remember was Tornadus-T which was suspected at the same time, and maybe Deoxys-D (can't remember exact timing). The meta has barely changed since then (Deo-D HO lead being replaced with Custap Forry/Skarm) and Keldeo IMO is just as prominent as it was 3 months ago.

Keldeo is actually one of the few pokes that can actually Counter (albeit only once and without running something built to counter it, ie Ice Fang Gyara) Landorus-I after a Rock Polish if you send it in right after Landy comes in. Keldeo is bulky enough to take a Modest Sheer Force Life Orb Earth Power (IIRC) and hit back with HP Ice or STAB water move

This test is a bit pointless IMO, and it looks like Smogon just want to return the meta to BW1

The only release/ban since then that I remember was Tornadus-T which was suspected at the same time, and maybe Deoxys-D (can't remember exact timing). The meta has barely changed since then (Deo-D HO lead being replaced with Custap Forry/Skarm) and Keldeo IMO is just as prominent as it was 3 months ago.

Keldeo is actually one of the few pokes that can actually Counter (albeit only once and without running something built to counter it, ie Ice Fang Gyara) Landorus-I after a Rock Polish if you send it in right after Landy comes in. Keldeo is bulky enough to take a Modest Sheer Force Life Orb Earth Power (IIRC) and hit back with HP Ice or STAB water move

This test is a bit pointless IMO, and it looks like Smogon just want to return the meta to BW1

Keldeo is blessed with just enough bulk to take many hits. It can take a +2 e speed from adamant life orb lucario, which hits it for around 80-85% (does not KO after 1 spikes/rocks twice)

Deo-D HO was better than custap skarm HO and always will be, regardless of what these damn hipsters think, because rocky helmet t wave Deo-D got just as much hazards up and often dropped a para/rocky helmet damage to spread more pain. And its more reliable for 2 layers (unless skarm is against an idiot who hits it for 100% turn 1, as opposed to the strong play to break sturdy (ideally with a u turn) and then hitting it for the big super effective damage)

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
Keldeo is blessed with just enough bulk to take many hits. It can take a +2 e speed from adamant life orb lucario, which hits it for around 80-85% (does not KO after 1 spikes/rocks twice)

Deo-D HO was better than custap skarm HO and always will be, regardless of what these damn hipsters think, because rocky helmet t wave Deo-D got just as much hazards up and often dropped a para/rocky helmet damage to spread more pain. And its more reliable for 2 layers (unless skarm is against an idiot who hits it for 100% turn 1, as opposed to the strong play to break sturdy (ideally with a u turn) and then hitting it for the big super effective damage)

Yes, but those threats were around last time Keldeo was tested, so methinks that the test will go down exactly the same.

Hey it was you who said that Deo-D doesn't guarantee hazards. I even have the audio of you saying it

TheAdmiral

Smell ya later
To be quite honest, I don't really see keldeo or landy as broken. Yes, they are both hard to stop, but so is a great deal of stuff in OU if you don't have the right counters. This is just smogon testing "the next best thing".

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
I think Hawk said this earlier, but I really don't see the point in testing pokes when the metagame is about to take a huge shift anyway. Unless there is a huge problem like genesect.

Speaking of gen six, if I had one prediction I would say that Chansey will take the biggest usage jump. Probably top 5. Possibly the top spot for a while.

Yes, but those threats were around last time Keldeo was tested, so methinks that the test will go down exactly the same.

Hey it was you who said that Deo-D doesn't guarantee hazards. I even have the audio of you saying it
neither does skarm.
I think Hawk said this earlier, but I really don't see the point in testing pokes when the metagame is about to take a huge shift anyway. Unless there is a huge problem like genesect.

Speaking of gen six, if I had one prediction I would say that Chansey will take the biggest usage jump. Probably top 5. Possibly the top spot for a while.
Chansey probably wont get fairy type, so it still lacks resistances.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
So fairy types are confirmed and the confirmed pokes to have it to my knowledge are

Gardevour
The jiggly puff line
The blissey line
The azumaril line
Sylveon
And most likely a few other new pokes will have it

I don't know a lot about the type but Apperantly it is super effective against dragons. What killed tinker bell? Poison will probably be a weakness.

Thoughts fellas? I have a feeling it will be a defensive type in the metagame. Since stall is dead.

It is getting fairy type.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
To be quite honest, I don't really see keldeo or landy as broken. Yes, they are both hard to stop, but so is a great deal of stuff in OU if you don't have the right counters. This is just smogon testing "the next best thing".

Eh, when they're retesting the same stuff then it just seems like a waste of time. I'd rather see Latios or Rachi get a test. Even though I reckon they'd stay OU, if they're going to test something, make it something new

I think it's a bit early to make predictions about what will get used. We know next to nothing about the meta. The only important thing we know thus far is that Fairy is SE against Dragon (and slightly less important, Flying/Dark do not resist Fairy)

neither does skarm.

So your point is null

Pretty sure Chansey line has been confirmed somewhere. I know it's not in the vid, but I'm pretty sure...

It is getting fairy type.

Even so, we know so little about it. It might actually hinder it more then help

Its not getting fairy type. Quoting self means nothing.

confirmed lines were jigglypuff, marill and gardevoir (we don't even know if it hits the pre evos, and gallade almost certainly won't)
Sylveon also confirmed.

I noticed this addition to your post when you first posted, but Im not confrontational so did not point it out.

Unless im missing something, and im normally up to date on news to within 24 hours, nothing has been confirmed on chansey/blissey.

Also for the next few days, beware my wrath as magic is angry :mad:

Got my new timetable for next years studies. They succesfully made it so I have to drop a subject, I can not attend my gaming club any more, and I have to quit my job. Could not keep the time table the same because they are retarded. On top of that I now leave 2 hours later most days, so my free time is dramatically reduced. But I don't have to get there as early in the morning, so if I can find an employer who wants someone to work between 9 and 11 AM and at no other times, i'm golden. This is gonna go well. no more shifts starting at 5 because ill still be at college. so I lose 2 of my favorite free hours and gain some free time in the middle of ****ing no where to that are of no use to anyone

Last edited:

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
Um leaving the guild/clan for something a bit more active. Had fun here and if you guys get more active I shall be back. <3 you (I shall still on PO channel)

BLUES.

Something else
Um leaving the guild/clan for something a bit more active. Had fun here and if you guys get more active I shall be back. <3 you (I shall still on PO channel)

My spidey senses were tingling making me want to post. I now know why.
BABY COME BACK.

Also, sorry about the extended absence on the forums..Im job hunting especially now that my gf and I are hoping to move into our own place soon:D

Venomous Woe

Master of Villany
PO Username: Venomous Woe
Timezone: GMT -5:00
Battling Experience: Extensive
Referred by: No one. :3
If not referred, how did you hear about the clan: Just saw you guys floating around the Guilds board.

BLUES.

Something else
If not referred, how did you hear about the clan: Just saw you guys floating around the Guilds board.

Accepted:D
Your name sounds familiar....maybe from BA iirc?

Prohawk

A Professional Bird

=[ byebye Spidy

BABY COME BACK.

Also, sorry about the extended absence on the forums..Im job hunting especially now that my gf and I are hoping to move into our own place soon:D

Oh yea, that sounds like a great idea...

Hello hello =]

The awkward moment when the least active member moans about inactivity.

All the best bro.

I don't remember moaning about activity...

Burn the Witch!
BABY COME BACK.

Yay for you.
Sup Woemeister, hawk has probably cept'd you by now, and updated the OP with everything up to date. Totally happened.
=[ byebye Spidy

Oh yea, that sounds like a great idea...

Hello hello =]

I don't remember moaning about activity...
you are not the least active im afraid. Talk to Mankey.

Hey at least I didn't call you a woeman.

Although you see bitter, why I'd say that comment had a hint of venom in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.