• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Danger INC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Clearly you've never been up high on either simulator. It's fairly easy to get into the top 10 in Showdown, getting into the top 10 on PO requires a lot of dedication.

Chill, bro. Just stating an opinion.

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
Chill, bro. Just stating an opinion.

Chill, bro. It's easier to get higher on PS then PO due to the quality of players (unless there's a suspect ladder), I'd personally rather play against skilled opponents. Just stating a fact.

beshort123

<----Uber
So I've been trying to figure out this dilemma with this team I've made recently. So, currently its an HO team with deo-d, garchomp, techniloom, gengar, rotom-w, and wish rachi(for healing, rain, status, etc.) Right now i'm running a scarf on the chomp so i can have that extra speed for revenge killing. But before i had a scizor instead of gengar for the double priority with loom, and i ran a sub chomp. gengar is there for the spin blocking and helping with other deo-d's, etc. I'm trying to figure out which is better. I can't test this with laddering because rough skin chomp is uber on PO, PS is as stated before too easy.

hypervortex

What's up foolz. Idk how formal this app has to be but here we go:
Username: ex_hypervortex, prefer hypervortex but w/e names not working
Timezone: Eastern USA
Battling Experience: WAY too long lol, but 4 years competitive, 14 years from the days of RBY
Referred by: Prohawk, MVP Blues
TMP Symbols: Idk what these are...

I'm gonna try to stay involved! Good to join :D

BLUES.

Something else
Battling Experience: WAY too long lol, but 4 years competitive, 14 years from the days of RBY

Accepted, you'll be placed under mercenary rank ;)
Welcome to the clan:D
Btw, we dont mind inactivity on the thread much (still, post every once in a while on here so our thread doesnt get locked...) but we do like for members to come onto our PO channel so have that on auto join please <3

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
Win/Loss: win
Score: 3-0
Opponent's Serebii username: Blues
Additional Comments: omg i didn't expect id win i'm so proud

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
So I've been trying to figure out this dilemma with this team I've made recently. So, currently its an HO team with deo-d, garchomp, techniloom, gengar, rotom-w, and wish rachi(for healing, rain, status, etc.) Right now i'm running a scarf on the chomp so i can have that extra speed for revenge killing. But before i had a scizor instead of gengar for the double priority with loom, and i ran a sub chomp. gengar is there for the spin blocking and helping with other deo-d's, etc. I'm trying to figure out which is better. I can't test this with laddering because rough skin chomp is uber on PO, PS is as stated before too easy.

I reckon the best fit for your team would be Scizor, the choice really is Band vs SD. I say Scizor because the main sweeper on your team IMO is Breloom, and you really need a way to deal with Loom counter #1, which is Gengar, although you could use Rachi to fill this role, to an extent.

=D the return

rotom-w out, scizor in personally, assuming oyu are not afraid of tornadus-t (playing on smogon tiers), you should be fine. Between loom and scizor (both SD), you can priority sweep about 50% of teams.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Chill, bro. It's easier to get higher on PS then PO due to the quality of players (unless there's a suspect ladder), I'd personally rather play against skilled opponents. Just stating a fact.

It's easier to get higher on PS because of the way the rating/ladder system is set up. That we can both agree on. I have no doubt in my mind that it is easier to hit top10+ on PS.

Win/Loss: win
Score: 3-0
Opponent's Serebii username: Blues
Additional Comments: omg i didn't expect id win i'm so proud

AOK IS HERE YEAAAAHHH I DID NOT KNOW THIS DUDE WHEREVE YOU BEEN

Prohawk

A Professional Bird
It's easier to get higher on PS because of the way the rating/ladder system is set up. That we can both agree on. I have no doubt in my mind that it is easier to hit top10+ on PS.

Tbh I think that when Smogon moved from PO to PS, most of the top players stopped laddering, or at least laddering high. I rather enjoyed the Smogon server on PO, would rather play that then PS any day

Tbh I think that when Smogon moved from PO to PS, most of the top players stopped laddering, or at least laddering high. I rather enjoyed the Smogon server on PO, would rather play that then PS any day

I've stopped laddering ashard because ladder resets are frequent, decay is stupid high at the top ( I had like an 8 hour decay rate), and the tiers are kinda annoying.

BLUES.

Something else
I've stopped laddering ashard because ladder resets are frequent, decay is stupid high at the top ( I had like an 8 hour decay rate), and the tiers are kinda annoying.

Try doing something about the tiers...like...get Gene banned with me C;

OrbrunnerX

That Guy

I wish the Smogon PO server still existed. Life would be so much better.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
ORB!!
Get on PS with me?
Im at uni waiting for my next class etc and cant access PO atm '-'

I've been trying to connect and it has failed me. I'll keep trying, but no promises.

BLUES.

Something else
I've been trying to connect and it has failed me. I'll keep trying, but no promises.

Yeah Im having the same issue too.
I was online for like 3 minutes, then I decided to ladder on PS just to kill my boredom...so I tried to chose my name and then BAMN. Log in overloaded.
Dont worry if you don't manage to get online, class is about to start in like 20 min Lol
But if you have time around 2:20pm (Im GTM-6 so idk what time it's be for you but I'd be available in about 2 hours from now.)
Try VM'ing me so we dont get shot at for
85799b_spam.jpg

Try doing something about the tiers...like...get Gene banned with me C;

I'd need to get a high ladder ranking, violating my need "f**k it" policy.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Yeah Im having the same issue too.
I was online for like 3 minutes, then I decided to ladder on PS just to kill my boredom...so I tried to chose my name and then BAMN. Log in overloaded.
Dont worry if you don't manage to get online, class is about to start in like 20 min Lol
But if you have time around 2:20pm (Im GTM-6 so idk what time it's be for you but I'd be available in about 2 hours from now.)
Try VM'ing me so we dont get shot at for
http://bostonherald.com/sites/default/files/media/2012/08/09/85799b_spam.jpg[/QUOTE]

GMT-6...
I'm Eastern US, which s GMT-5.
Are you in the middle of the Atlantic or something?

And we can't get infracted for this iirc, since it's Pokemon related. You might get one for the pic, though.

In other news, current Showdown alt is SackLusterSoldier, if anyone sees me there. (Alt changes roughly every few days)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.