• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Danger, Sweet as Honey! (785)

naughtynun

No? Like Pikachu the main character not being in the last picture? and Snivy isn't either?

---

No Naughty thats just my opinion from what we have seen so far.

Ok, that's not so bad then. I really hope it isn't going to be all about that. I have to say its only the Butterfree episode I am interested in so far, and we have no idea when that will be!

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Haha, so this episode is really funny and it had a few cool moments too! Its also nice seeing Ash and co are exploring islands for a change again.

I thought the island they were visiting to be pretty funny with the honey theme. XD Hmm... So I like how Team Rocket weren't the main plot but Pikachu and Meowth were, along with the other Pokemon. Man, there were also a lot of Beedrill flying around especially after all those Kakuna evolving at once. DX Anyway, a few things I like;

-Pikachu, Axew and Oshawott bonding sort of with Meowth but then, helping out each other out like when Meowth got paralyzed or something.

-Oh and also, I thought it was funny how Pikachu never trusted Meowth from the start and still didn't throughout the episode but weren't so sure afterwards. XDDD

Anyway, Ash and Pikachu got there honey desserts after all. So yeah, I like this episode and there's a lot of funny stuff going on too! I'm really looking forward to the next episode too!! Umm... I'll give it a 7.5/10 I guess.

diakyu

I see Charizard is working well as the new regional bird now that Unfezant has left the building.

All in all, I thought this was a okay episode. Nothing to special but not every episode has to be.

Nightstar1994

Watched the episode. I liked the scenes with Axew, Oshawott and Pikachu helping Meowth. It was also funny when the Victreebel ran away. I have to say, entertaining episode.

7/10

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Charizard being used as a regional bird? That's a first in a long time (if it ever happened before)

Charizard being used as a regional bird? That's a first in a long time (if it ever happened before)

Happened once during OI and maybe early Johto too. Ash used Charizard to follow TR in Charizard Chills. I think that counts. This one here is definitely more of a regional bird thing here.

Consider a scenario where Ash and Co are with a beginning trainer where they get lost. The trainer send Pidove out while Ash and Iris send Charizard and Dragonite out respectively. That would be funny.

This episode was fine. I don't remember when we got a bunch of Pokemon getting lost together episode last time.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

I think he has been used as the regional bird in Johto, before Ash caught his Noctowl. I remember him being used to blow away a Smokescreen (in one of the first Johto episodes, the one with the starter Totodile) and to send back some bombs launched by Team Rocket. Yeah, it's been a while.

However I find that a bit depressing. Basically, he currently isn't offering anything unique. What is he doing that Unfezant and Pignite can't do?

Anyway, I have yet to watch the episode in video, but by the pictures it seems a nice episode. Average episode, but still fun.

SlimeStack

I find it weird that Charizard is being used as a fusion of Unfezant and Pignite too. :S

Ash's Kanto team more or less filled in for Johto Pokémon hadn't caught yet. Aipom did something similar in Sinnoh and it also had its own story. In the Sinnoh League the older teams were used because Ash had a specific strategy with them in mind.

But Charizard in Unova/Decolora? So unnecessary. They could have easily made up something about Ash needing a particularly strong Pokémon or something. Fanservice doesn't have to be this shallow.

I think he has been used as the regional bird in Johto, before Ash caught his Noctowl. I remember him being used to blow away a Smokescreen (in one of the first Johto episodes, the one with the starter Totodile) and to send back some bombs launched by Team Rocket. Yeah, it's been a while.

However I find that a bit depressing. Basically, he currently isn't offering anything unique. What is he doing that Unfezant and Pignite can't do?

Anyway, I have yet to watch the episode in video, but by the pictures it seems a nice episode. Average episode, but still fun.

Appear Cool.

Btw, I don't support Charizard on the team. I hate it when they overuse the overused Pokemon.

For me this was one those meaningless episodes which are fun to watch but then makes you wonder, was it needed?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Appear Cool.

Btw, I don't support Charizard on the team. I hate it when they overuse the overused Pokemon.

For me this was one those meaningless episodes which are fun to watch but then makes you wonder, was it needed?

My honest response? No, he really wasn't. He definitely isn't needed story-wise nor for development. In terms of fanservice... well, that's another story.

PokeMaster366

Only saw the pictures of this episode on serebii, and already, I'm not interested in watching it. I'm not going to shake my walking stick and cry about how this episode is so similar to other episodes that have happened in previous seasons, but either way, what's the point of watching an episode when you already know everything that's going to happen just by watching the preview. TR tricks the group again with their disguises, Pikachu and Meowth (and some other guys) get separated from their trainers after an explosion, and Meowth pretends to have gotten nicer, but is ultimately thinking about betraying the rest of the group. The return of the Beedrills/Ursaring of Death was a nice callback, but other than that, nothing really happens. The episode just seems...average, but as the old saying goes, why fix what isn't broken, and on that note, why not re-package and re-sell what isn't broken?

Rohanator

Appear Cool.

Is any of this really needed though? If it was fun to watch to you one could say it achieved its only true purpose. (I get what you mean, I'm just saiyan)

Twas an ok episode, I loved that moment where Jessie orders Woobat to smash Zard and Dragonite and James is like "Hello?? We're facing Charizard and Dragonite!" and Jessie just goes all YOLO. + Woobat's face when them bigass threats ambushed it from both sides.
Meowth hesitating to attack the good guys is just stupid after what happened in the Subway arc, I just wish that was referenced in times like these. But what ever.

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Its kind of cool to see another Pikachu and Meowth rivalry thing going on but I'm not sure if its going anywhere, lol. So maybe;

Its foreshadowing into Ash catching Meowth? I'm just joking but I'd hope for it. xD

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
As expected this was a horrible and boring episode. The only part that I liked was the ending where the group gushed over the Combee food. I'm also annoyed that Charizard has been reduced to doing the regional bird's job and rarely ever battling. 2/10

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
This episode might be interesting but. Why does Ash pokedex the pokemon that he already know such as Beedrill and Ursaring? Does he even remember them back in Kanto,Johto,and Sinnoh? Ash encounters the Beedrill in Viridian Forest,and he give Casey one in Johto. As for Ursaring, he encounter a few of them. One is a deceitful Teddiursa before its evolved on Johto,and Ash battles the other Ursaring under Paul's ownership in Sinnoh. Unless Iris,and Cilan asks Ash to do it for them. But its great to see Team Rocket get a blast off.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Um, I had very high expectations for this episode after seeing the first DA episode. I thought this would be one of those funny episodes that we got plenty of back in OS, but it wasn't that great nor that bad either. Just sort of in the middle. I loved Meowth's interactions with the other Pokemon; seeing Axew, Oshawott and Pikachu help him out after that Stun Spore thing was nice. I also thought it was cute when Oshawott swam across the river and was about to pay dust to the other Pokemon; as always, the king slays effortlessly. I was also surprised that Meowth didn't attack Pikachu and the others near the end because he remembered how they helped him, which was nice. There were plenty of things that I disliked though. For instance, the Beedrill thing which we've seen too often before, and Ash dexing them and the Ursaring made me cringe. Also, I really dislike how Ash and friends go all "OMG food!!!!" whenever they're presented with it. Like seriously, it's just food made with honey. It's not that big of a deal. Anyway, I give this episode six kisses out of ten.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Thank God Meowth was with the lost Pokemon group. I'm already a bit bored with the Pikachu-Oshawott-Axew dynamic. Pikachu is always the leader leading a daycare and Oshawott is appearing too much for me to handle. Axew actually wasn't bad. I like how he peered into Victreebel since he's never seen one. I want more of Ash's team to appear once in awhile, whether Oshwott is there or not.

Also, lol at Charizard's role. The thing has been reduced to a scouter, and if he has to come along on this journey back to Kanto, then don't do anything important. thanksbye.

Janovy

Banned
This episode might be interesting but. Why does Ash pokedex the pokemon that he already know such as Beedrill and Ursaring? Does he even remember them back in Kanto,Johto,and Sinnoh? Ash encounters the Beedrill in Viridian Forest,and he give Casey one in Johto. As for Ursaring, he encounter a few of them. One is a deceitful Teddiursa before its evolved on Johto,and Ash battles the other Ursaring under Paul's ownership in Sinnoh. Unless Iris,and Cilan asks Ash to do it for them. But its great to see Team Rocket get a blast off.
Because Ash doesn't have a dex entry of those Pokémon in his Unova dex, only in previous dexes.