• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Danger, Sweet as Honey! (785)

diakyu

It's easier to just say Ash dexes them for his friends. But he really just does it for the children watching the show so it really doesn't bother me.

I'm still pretty surprised people still need to take note of Charizard's role (even though I still mock him about it). This is what he gets for becoming a regular team member again.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm still pretty surprised people still need to take note of Charizard's role (even though I still mock him about it). This is what he gets for becoming a regular team member again.

Yet Iris was using Dragonite to serch as well, does that not mean it falls under the same pretexts your trying to place on Charizard by your logic?

Why people are trying to nitpick at every little tiny detail in any episode these days is beyond me.

Though I gotta admit, TR definitely need to call up Giovanni and get thier older pokemon back, sure they probably still don't stand a chance against the group but they could put up a better fight.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Thank God Meowth was with the lost Pokemon group. I'm already a bit bored with the Pikachu-Oshawott-Axew dynamic. Pikachu is always the leader leading a daycare and Oshawott is appearing too much for me to handle. Axew actually wasn't bad. I like how he peered into Victreebel since he's never seen one. I want more of Ash's team to appear once in awhile, whether Oshwott is there or not.

I fail to see what Axew did to deserve to be placed above Oshawott. I mean yeah he found some herbs, but he was the one who messed with Victreebel and got Meowth injured in the first place. Oshawott actually helped the group avoid hitting a rock in the river and he was the one who used his Scalchop to grind the herbs into powder, which helped Meowth. I'm not trying to place Oshawott on a pedestal, but he did a lot more than Axew did and he deserves a lot more credit imo.

Yet Iris was using Dragonite to serch as well, does that not mean it falls under the same pretexts your trying to place on Charizard by your logic?

I don't see what's so bad about pointing out the obvious. I mean anyone can tell that Charizard's being mishandled. It's sad because Charizard has so much more to offer yet the writers seem to be regressing him just like they did to Ash. Something needs to change otherwise Charizard's return will have been for nothing in my humble opinion.

diakyu

I really don't have a problem with how he's being handled. They used him in a way that makes sense this episode so I don't see the problem. I understand that a Pokemon can't always do something important every episode. And to be honest I just mess with Charizard because I like him and he's such a touchy subject around here.

Lucas MV

Thank God Meowth was with the lost Pokemon group. I'm already a bit bored with the Pikachu-Oshawott-Axew dynamic. Pikachu is always the leader leading a daycare and Oshawott is appearing too much for me to handle. Axew actually wasn't bad. I like how he peered into Victreebel since he's never seen one. I want more of Ash's team to appear once in awhile, whether Oshwott is there or not.

Also, lol at Charizard's role. The thing has been reduced to a scouter, and if he has to come along on this journey back to Kanto, then don't do anything important. thanksbye.

Your beloved Dragonite had the same role Charizard had in this episode. :p

Anyway, nice and funny episode. TRio is funny again. The only thing I disliked is how Ash dex Beedril and Ursaring... I mean, come on, he saw those pokemon loads of times before. Really, he may have some sort of mental disease. He forget things o_O xD

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Anyway, nice and funny episode. TRio is funny again. The only thing I disliked is how Ash dex Beedril and Ursaring... I mean, come on, he saw those pokemon loads of times before. Really, he may have some sort of mental disease. He forget things o_O xD
He obviously didn't forget them, he dexes everything even if he has caught one before just for kids watching for the first time. Unlike the last two sagas, no one else has a pokedex to resort to that for the writers, so it has to be ash. He dexed charmander, and the whole episode was just about how much he did remember everything.

SlimeStack

Just watched this episode properly.

It's so weird to look at Team Rocket and think "I'm so happy to see them relentlessly chase Pikachu and shout yana kanji every episode." I never would have said that in the first 13 years of the show, but it's different after having two full years of Team Boring.

I especially missed the little conversations they have in the sky just before they blast off.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

In this case though, who's character is more diminished? The one who has only been on the show for about 50+ episodes or the one who's been around for nearly 15 years. Odd coming from me, but I think Charizard should have a better role then just taking over for what Unfezant was created to do.

It's old and tiring, but the writers I guess believe kids don't know these Pokemon by now

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I don't see what's so bad about pointing out the obvious. I mean anyone can tell that Charizard's being mishandled. It's sad because Charizard has so much more to offer yet the writers seem to be regressing him just like they did to Ash. Something needs to change otherwise Charizard's return will have been for nothing in my humble opinion.

There's a clear difference between speaking the obvious and attempting to use "said obvious" for trolling.

Maybe you don't see it, but i do.

In this case though, who's character is more diminished? The one who has only been on the show for about 50+ episodes or the one who's been around for nearly 15 years. Odd coming from me, but I think Charizard should have a better role then just taking over for what Unfezant was created to do.

The problem is making a big deal out of one moment, one time Charizard looks for Pikachu by air and we get people going all hyper calling it a bird clone, times have indeed changed with the anime fanbase.

why should it matter anyway, more pokemon capable of flight than not have been used for serching in this show, and not all of them have been birds mind you.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The problem is making a big deal out of one moment, one time Charizard looks for Pikachu by air and we get people going all hyper calling it a bird clone, times have indeed changed with the anime fanbase.

why should it matter anyway, more pokemon capable of flight than not have been used for serching in this show, and not all of them have been birds mind you.
But what has Charizard done lately in general...barely playing a big role in the climax and only played a role in the first two episodes of his return

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Man, an angry beedrill swarm, a pitfall, *and* a Victreebel head gag? I can't WAIT for this episode. :D Nostalgia time!!!

Ash clearly dexed it for the people who don't know the Pokemon or to gt extra info from it. He identified Beedrill and Ursaring before he dexed them. I think after watching the show for these many years one might understand something so trivial like this...and yet I see posts like these.

Janovy

Banned
Ash clearly dexed it for the people who don't know the Pokemon or to gt extra info from it. He identified Beedrill and Ursaring before he dexed them. I think after watching the show for these many years one might understand something so trivial like this...and yet I see posts like these.
Same here. I've been watching this show for years and have accepted Ash dexing every Pokémon (despite having had seen it or not) as a part of the show, something that will always go on without any question. How can people always question Ash's memory? lol

Yeah it's pretty retarded to still complain about the dexing thing. It's just gonna happen. Hopefully the next series gives the main girl a Pokedex again to cut some slack to Ash though.

Yeah. Back in DP and AG, Dawn and May dexed the Kanto and Johto Pokemon while Ash dexed the news ones. Best Wishes unfortunately couldn't facilitate it,, so here we go, complains!

Face it people: Every time a new game comes and the Pokedex entry of an old Pokemon is updated, Ash will dex it. Get over it.

p96822

Evolve me please
Really this is an okay thing about Ash Dexing Beedrill because it ownly being dex in episode 4 of OS Pokemon anime

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Not know why he use the dex for Beedrill. He had one for crying out loud, even though it was only for a few minutes, before giving it to Casey.

I do like this episode, because of the Combee.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I have no problems with Ash dexing Pokemon for the audience, as long as he recognize them when he meets known species. Did he actually recognize Beedrill and Ursaring before using his Pokedex?

Janovy

Banned
I have no problems with Ash dexing Pokemon for the audience, as long as he recognize them when he meets known species. Did he actually recognize Beedrill and Ursaring before using his Pokedex?
Yes, he even recognized Kakuna before it evolved into Beedrill and then said Beedrill's name out loud as well as Ursaring's.