• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Danger, Sweet as Honey! (785)

Pokémon's ratings on CN actually seem to be going down every week and I don't expect DA! to save it. They probably won't start seeing a rise in ratings again until XY.

According to Son of the Bronx, the first DA! dub episode that aired last week got just above a million viewers and it is not in the top 100 in the ratings for CN last week.

Last edited:

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty good filler episode. I kinda liked the way Meowth was throughout this episode as well as Oshowott. The desserts at the end of the episode looked incredible and made me hungry.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So a TR episode becomes a Meowth and friends episode which I always like to see. It was typical in a sense that Meowth took advantage of the situation and Pikachu was the suspicious one but the difference was that Axew took on the herbalist role (very much like Iris). I also liked the inclusion of Beedrill, Ursuring and Victreebel; reminders of the old days :) .

Nice episode, onto the next one!

SlimeStack

James: "You were the twerps who let yourselves get tricked!"
Ash: "Well maybe you've got a point..."

Ash and Team Rocket saying things that make you actually laugh! I can't remember the last time that happened.

Pokegirl0102

Pokémon's ratings on CN actually seem to be going down every week and I don't expect DA! to save it. They probably won't start seeing a rise in ratings again until XY.

According to Son of the Bronx, the first DA! dub episode that aired last week got just above a million viewers and it is not in the top 100 in the ratings for CN last week.

I actually liked this episode much better than the one from last week, how are you able to find the ratings for Pokemon on CN, i have always been curious about that

I actually liked this episode much better than the one from last week, how are you able to find the ratings for Pokemon on CN, i have always been curious about that

It doesn't matter much about the quality of the episode when it comes to CN ratings. The later half of Episode N for example was much better in terms of quality that many episodes that came before it but it saw no rise in ratings. Pokémon fever isn't as high in the U.S. Once October comes and the XY games are released internationally, maybe then the ratings will rise and continue to rise when the XY dub comes out.

Pokegirl0102

It doesn't matter much about the quality of the episode when it comes to CN ratings. The later half of Episode N for example was much better in terms of quality that many episodes that came before it but it saw no rise in ratings. Pokémon fever isn't as high in the U.S. Once October comes and the XY games are released internationally, maybe then the ratings will rise and continue to rise when the XY dub comes out.

i didnt think that many people be up that early in the morning to watch the show, when do you think the XY dub will air

i didnt think that many people be up that early in the morning to watch the show, when do you think the XY dub will air

That's a good point, too. Pokémon airs really early in the morning and to still get over 1 million is very impressive.

The XY dub will probably air January the earliest and February the latest.

Pokegirl0102

That's a good point, too. Pokémon airs really early in the morning and to still get over 1 million is very impressive.

The XY dub will probably air January the earliest and February the latest.

I was really hoping it would air in December. it is going to be real hard keeping myself spoiler free

For my review of the episode, I thought it was decent. Probably around the same level as last week because they both basically had the same plot: Ash and friends vs. DA! Team Rocket complete with disguises and their own means of vehicles. We have seen this plot before and it did remind me of an episode from the Meowth arc way early in Best Wishes. The pro of this episode is definitely that TR is still thinking and making plans on how to succeed. Pikachu not completely trusting TRio and going in the "police vehicle" is what did them in. This episode has definitely been seen before but the fact that 4 of my favorite Pokémon from BW: Pikachu, Oshawott, Meowth and Axew worked together was really nice. I thought the animation looked great in this episode. It was cool seeing Charizard and Dragonite work together to beat TR as well. Not a masterclass of an episode but for an episode, that I didn't really have high expectations in the first place, this was decent.

Good dub episode: I liked Ash's line-- that was unexpected, and I liked the premise and set-up of it.

Of course (why does this not surprise me) Team Rocket is the problem I had today, but then I pretty much loathe them as goofballs in the TPCi dub in general, and this is a good example of why. This isn't "DP TRio" level bad, but it's still jarring with every rhyme, pun, and alliteration. Meowth's "Dig it!" and "Lugs!" did not help.

Victreebel and Beedrill's voices seem to have changed to my ears. Victreebel still sounds pretty good, but what's up with Beedrill's voice? O_O

All in all, still an entertaining episode and a good one. Team Rocket was tolerable but still annoying as usual. Iris and Cilan were good today.

8/10

matt0044

Of course (why does this not surprise me) Team Rocket is the problem I had today, but then I pretty much loathe them as goofballs in the TPCi dub in general, and this is a good example of why. This isn't "DP TRio" level bad, but it's still jarring with every rhyme, pun, and alliteration. Meowth's "Dig it!" and "Lugs!" did not help.
8/10

They did have a good line: "Snappy Comeback!" I dunno why but it came off as though the TRio knew how the usual banter went that I couldn't help but smile.

They did have a good line: "Snappy Comeback!" I dunno why but it came off as though the TRio knew how the usual banter went that I couldn't help but smile.

Yeah, and I did like when James said "Woobat against Dragonite AND Charizard?" to Jessie. LOL. :D

NPT

Just a member
I enjoyed this episode. in my opinion, it was a decent dub episode.
This episode's plot was centered around Ash and friends getting tricked by TR(again), Beedril and Sweet Honey.

I liked Pikachu not trusting Mewoth this time, he definitely learned his lesson from the past events. xD

It was cool seeing Charizard and Dragonite work together to defeat Team Rocket.
Team Rocket's dub lines were funny as well. Also, the animation was nice in this episode.

Music Kept (8)
  • BW Title Card Theme 2
  • Team Rocket's Sinnoh Motto
  • The music that plays when Ash tells Oshawott to use Hydro Pump on Team Rocket
  • Evolution Theme
  • Movie 12 BGM - Team Rocket's Secret Schemes 2009
  • The music when Team Rocket brings out their Pokémon to fight and his friends.
  • Gym Leader's Final Pokémon
  • Pokémon Center (BW version 2)

Meowth's "Dig it!" and "Lugs!" did not help.

Mewoth's "Dig it" /"Dig it, Jack" is a funny catchphrase in my opinion.

Last edited: