• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dark and Disturbing Cartoon Theories

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Has anyone here heard some of these? They are basically a type of "Wild Mass Guessing" that involve grimdark therories about certain cartoon, anime, and video game series. Here's a few I found that were very interesting:

There’s a theory that interprets Ed, Edd and Eddy’s entire cast of kids as all being dead and living in a purgatory of an eternal childhood cycle (originally an eternal summer, but then they started going to school), thusly the complete lack of any adults in the purgatory. They’re are a number of explanations for their deaths, ranging from basic deaths such as an explosion due to a gas-leak in the neighborhood, to apocalyptic ones such as nuclear explosion or the spread of a deadly disease that killed most of middle-America. A related theory suggests that the kids in the cul-de-sac are dead children from the neighborhood, each from different time periods (Johnny and Rolf from the 40’s, Kevin from the 90’s, Naz from the 60’s, Jimmy from the 00’s, and so on).

There's also the theory that the entire world of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is merely the imagination of a deranged human girl in an insane asylum named Pinkamena Diane Pie (in other words, Pinkie Pie), as her way of coping. Pinkie Pie is simply a split personality of this girl, whom is incarcerated for murdering her parents and friends because her dolls told her to, think about the fanfic "Cupcakes" for a minute, then make the infamous grimdark fanfic take place in the real world with humans, because that's basically what this theroy it to an extent.

There's also the "Ash Ketchum comatose" theroy (which I bet some of you have heard of), an Animal Crossing theory similar to the MLP one above, and countless others. Discuss and post other dark cartoon theories you have found.

Last edited:

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
What the ****?

I could do the same for nearly everything, but that's taking a HUGE stretch with these theories. Way to attempt to kill my childhood theorists!

There's also the theory that the entire world of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is merely the imagination of a deranged human girl in an insane asylum named Pinkamena Diane Pie (in other words, Pinkie Pie), as her way of coping. Pinkie Pie is simply a split personality of this girl, whom is incarcerated for murdering her parents and friends because her dolls told her to, think about the fanfic "Cupcakes" for a minute, then make the infamous grimdark fanfic take place in the real world with humans, because that's basically what this theroy it to an extent.

Am I the only one that watches the show and has never heard this one?

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Theres the theory that The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is based off Candle Cove.

A blond girly protagonist.
A pirate as a best friend
A talking mode of sea transportation.
Scary things (in Candle Cove it was the Skin Taker)

And who comes up with the ones the OP said?!

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
Ive heard a Rugrats one that says Tommy was a stillborn and his dad became a toy inventor to make toys for his non-existent son and the whole thing was a figment of Angelicas imagination as a way of coping with her negligent parents.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I found the Ed, Edd, and Eddy one rather interesting. There's also the one in which all Spongebob characters are based on the 7 deadly sins, but you probably already knew that. I'll mention them anyway.
Sloth-Patrick
Wrath-Squidward
Greed-Mr. Krabs
Envy-Plankton
Gluttony-Gary
Pride-Sandy
Lust-SpongeBob

What's the Ash Ketchum comatose theory anyway?

Shedinjask

Currently Invincible
^ I was gunna post that.

I got fifty. But the Edd Ed and Eddy one, they've actually seen their parents. They talk about them and in the episode with the report cards, are physically touched and dragged away.

Last edited:

Shedinjask

Currently Invincible
Remember when spongebob ran away? Gary ate a year's food supply in a day. And all he does is meow and eat anyway.

"Lust" means a strong attraction to something. Spongebob is obviously attracted to many things, whether it be jelly fishing or blowing bubbles.

Nauran

Ever wonder why Ash Ketchum never ages?

Ever wonder why characters keep getting replaced?

Ever wonder why things aren't as realistic as they should be?

The Pokémon Coma Theory

After the god-like Thunderbolt attack from Pikachu on the flock of raging Spearow, Ash suffered mild electrical damage to his brain, which put him into a coma. With this unexpected event, Ash's subconscious created a world for him where he can live, grow, and not be subjected to death or any related concepts. From this, stems the creation of everything he has loved and everyone he has travelled with.

Misty, being the only travelling companion that he saw prior to the lightning strike, was only interacted with for a short time in the real world. In that time, she rescued him, slapped him, yelled at him, and he then took her bike. Unfortunately, these moments were the only things Ash's mind could use when recreating her for his new world. That is why she is overly, regularly aggressive. But as she is a girl, her feminism comes into play, which fills the rest of her personality. Ash developed an unconscious attraction, which was planted in Misty as a means of a romance conduit. Because he was subjected to love by the world's media so much from one to ten years old, he expected it to be somewhere near him on a regular basis, but, because he was ten, not close enough to be really felt. Misty is, ultimately, unattainable, because Ash never knew her well enough in the real world.

However, being only ten years old during the incident, Ash has limited romantic sense, and the whole relationship was blocked and ended up just being good friendship anyway. That is why he appears to be 'dense' and oblivious to romantic affection wherever it is found near him. He will never grow out of his ten year old psyche.

Brock was simply a caregiver. His unrealistic ease of creating healthy food and performing excellent survival skills is Ash's subconscious creating a person who can take care of him and show him how to take care of himself in times of need. Being ten years old, he had limited to no knowledge of wilderness survival, ergo, Brock's creation. His regular and impulsive romantic gestures are also a part of Ash's personality. Whenever Brock comes onto a woman, Ash either shrugs it off or completely ignores it. This is exactly what he does with his own romanticism. Again, being only ten years old at the time plays a major role in this aspect.

For more information, check out my FanFiction page...

Last edited:

Shedinjask

Currently Invincible
Of course, the people making pokemon made it for kids, so ash doesn't date. He does get taller when you watch closely though.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Remember when spongebob ran away? Gary ate a year's food supply in a day. And all he does is meow and eat anyway.

"Lust" means a strong attraction to something. Spongebob is obviously attracted to many things, whether it be jelly fishing or blowing bubbles.

Spongebob does not lust those things, and you can't base Gary's characteristics on one incident.

Shedinjask

Currently Invincible
The seven deadly sins of Spongebob are not a theory. The creators purposely designed them that way.

"Lust" isn't always sexual. He's obsessed with Jelly Fishing and Bubbles and his job.

Nauran

He does get taller when you watch closely though.

Nope.

[IMGSIZE=540]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x368/AshtonNauran/ccc8bfaf407c7416492e2eb83579ccb8-1.jpg[/imgsize]

Moneyy

INACTIVE
The seven deadly sins of Spongebob are not a theory. The creators purposely designed them that way.

"Lust" isn't always sexual. He's obsessed with Jelly Fishing and Bubbles and his job.

You still haven't explained Gary, and the lust sin is sexual.

Shedinjask

Currently Invincible
Well obviously they couldn't have made spongebob spend all of his time picking up girls.

I can't explain gary, all he does with spongebob is eat anyway.