• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DARKCHAN'S Sprites

Joshp123

Hey Darkchan, the first five fakemon (from left to right) i give a 8/10
Pinsir Evo: 9/10, Mawile Evo and Pre-Evo: 7/10, All 3 Seaweed Evo's: 9/10 Shaymin's New form: 8/10, Revamps: 9/10, Starly and Weavile Devamps: 7/10, All other Devamps: 8.5/10. Which is overall: 8/10, Good job, I'd like to see more!

EDIT: Sorry, just a quick edit, I rate the all other devamps 9/10, which is overall 8.1/10, that extra .1 makes a difference! :p

Last edited:

Keeper of the Aura

Darkrai = Best PKMN
A Lucario evo. would even better and I really like your seaweed PKMN. Keep up all of your awesome work and never let your thread die. Also, if you don't like to spell out Keeper of the Aura, you can call me KOTA. (That's what I call myself anyway).

~ KOTA, out

DARKCHAN

Novice Spriter
Zorin- Thanks, yeah, I know. Hopefully we put that whole siduation behind us. Actualy your last post helped alot. I'm working alot harder on my shading now.

Joshp123- Thanks.

KOTA- thanks man, alright, KOTA it is. ^_^

P.S.: I'm deleting my pinser evo and my mawile line. The reason is they do seem very mediocre compared to the rest of my work, and even I admit they where done in a rush. Hopefully in a few months I will have improved my skill enough to try to make them again, only this time actualy good.

PS: also, got a whole batch of re-colors:
charchargf5.png
Hope you guys like em :)

Last edited:

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
Lets keep your thread from flowing down river right? lol. mine has. anyway, i really like your new recolors. the mareep line rox my sox, ilike how you did those. have you tried fusions because your halfway to success with those. THe skarmory is really good too i aswell like that pose, keep doing revamps... i can't really say anything to help you improve right now but i'll visit later.

DARKCHAN

Novice Spriter
Thanks. I'll try fusions, but honestly I never did them b4, so they might suk.

EDIT: K, I tried it, lol. here is my first fusion atempt:
fusion1ec1.png

also, here's some more devamps:
superdevampsnew1zu6.png
(mewtwo came out a lil funky, but oh well)

Last edited:

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
Well i think your first fusion attempt just kicked my *****. well done better than all mine put together. quit now while you're ahead. jk:p i love the way you made gyarados' head piece into wiscash's W just by coloring it. Gengar and Machamp look great.

DARKCHAN

Novice Spriter
Thanks willycoyote. lol. Yeah, the w thing was just me being lazy though, lol.

here is some new ones:
fusion2bp3.png
(couldn't decide what color sceme to go with)
fusion3an5.png

Last edited:

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
dude your fusions are masterpieces i envy you... yes. both the color schemes make it look brilliant. call one male one female, that's what i would do. and the deoxys fusion is (you know) out of this world man!!! my reelement of kecleon looks like your "ash" scheme. i especially like the deadly poison one.. and i cannot tell you any way to get better :(:p

DARKCHAN

Novice Spriter
lol, thanks willycoyote. It seems your the only one who still checks out this thread, seems people are geting sick of seeing it. Oh well, expected. I might just let it run dry that way other people get thier sprites on the front page more for a while. Mabie I'll make a new thread in a few weeks once this one dies...

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
Believe me, dude. if you leave it alone i guarentee it'll flow down river without a paddle.
i visit your thread 'cause you've got some cool sprites and you're similar to me, i would also have art thread too, but i first have to finish my fakedex be4 i can even draw them.
btw, your art thread is smokin'! i'll keep an eye out for your new thread, i guess. :p

Last edited:

pika3

Snowball attack, go!
Hey Darkchan. I love both your shaymin shy forms (I give them 8/10). I really like your revamps and devams(both get a 8/10). I like your recolors (7/10). Themed Schemes are cool(6/10). Fusion are pretty good(I think you should practice doing them more) the cressilia/deoxys one is my fav(they get 5.8/10). Your pikachu repose isnt bad, but it isn't good(4/10), and your fakemon aren't that great(4/10), if you practiced them more I think they would get much better though. (trust me if i tried to do scratches(fakemon) as sprites mine wouldn't be very good) So I think all you need is more practice, then I think all your stuff will be really good.

GDE

Palette Professor
<_<
ashes scheme... hm..... very similar to mine o_o
lol, just kidding, I have come to critique your color schemes(palettes), as I can not find anything wrong with the other things
so..... *clears throat*
first problem: you use too many of the same colors, In those palettes of yours, I spotted yellow used as a third color 4 times and red 3 times
when making palettes, make sure you do not use so many similar colors with a small batch
if you were making a batch of around 20, and the similar colors were spread around, that would be fine, but having similar clusters cooped together gets a -1 on my 5 score chart
so now you are down to 4
ok, next issue
contrast
on some of those kecleons, I couldn't even see the very light shade on the top of the head, also, on volcanic, I couldn't see the shade that is supposed to go on the left side of the torso, but that may have been an accident
so.. that's -0.8
final palette rating 3.2/5
everything else 4.9/5 (I never give 5/5 :D)

if you were making alot

Jackman775

Master of Arceus
how do you actualy make the pokemon lol

Meistermax

~Wish Upon A Star~
New sprite:
airoevo1oe7.png

It is an evo of aerodactyl. Honestly, I'm not too happy with it. It looks wrong to me for some reason. :( If anyone has any sugestions on how to fix it I would apreciate it. :)

First... The Jaw... I would think that if an Evo of Areodactyl is made, He would have the jaw of it pre-evo or even bigger... :p Anyways
Also the fact that his color is way to dark... Make it a little bit lighter... ^^

The Claw on top of his wings looks a little to little... But overall it's great Nice Evo...