• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(Darkness and Time) Easiest Legendary?

redpanda15

Ready to go
I haven't been to this part of Serebii before... Anyways, I felt the need to make this thread after playing PMD Time today. I'm a level 13 Munchlax and my partner is a level 13 Mudkip. I just got past Groudon, which is the reason why I made this thread. So, the battle started, and I moved to the left and Groudon moved closer, so the formation was:

Groudon
Mudkip Munchlax

And I meant to throw a sleep seed, but ended up using Metronome. It turned to a Fissure, which defeated Groudon automatically. I was shocked and very happy. Anyone else ever OHKO a legendary? Also, what do you think the easiest legendary is?

Rakurai

I wasn't aware that OHKO moves even worked on bosses.

I'd have to hope that they don't in Gates to Infinity, seeing as you can now permanently boost the accuracy of OHKO moves using manuals on top of boosting your accuracy stat with moves like Coil and Hone Claws.

In any case, I couldn't pick one I found easiest, seeing as Dialga was the only one who actually lived more then two or three turns.

redpanda15

Ready to go
Then I must be bad at bosses, since usually Groudon lasts like 6-8 turns. I was going to get Gates of Infinity, but I was not impressed by the amount of starters AND that would require me actually getting a 3DS.

Rakurai

Treecko/Turtwig with Bullet Seed absolutely wreck bosses, and they were my partners for Rescue Team and Explorers respectively.

Also, don't let anyone convince you otherwise. In spite of its low Pokemon count, Gates to Infinity is very much worth playing, if not just for its excellent story alone, which I found to be the best out of all the PMD games to date by a considerable margin.

redpanda15

Ready to go
I'll take your word for it. I have the money for the 3DS, but I needed to make sure that PMD was good enough to make me buy now, rather than wait for X and Y.

Also, Treecko and Turtwig wreck Dialga? Doesn't Dialga 4x resist bullet seed? I chose Munchlax for all around tanking and Mudkip for Mud Slap.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The bosses weren't easy in Time/Darkness for sure unless you were up to their level/had enough items. I was technically still a bit of a newb for the Mystery Dungeon games, as while I have played our Red Rescue copy, it was my brother's, so I couldn't do what I wanted. So to have a copy of my own was a small challenge for me. Anyway, I think the Lake Trio were the easiest Legendaries for me, even if I got caught off-guard by... Mesprit, I believe it was. Dialga was a toughie for me. Guess I was either under-leveled or something, as it took me a few times to defeat him with Mudkip and Bulbasaur. I had to use X-Eye Seeds on him a couple of times. (Which was pretty funny watching a huge Legendary stumble around confused, now that I look back on it.)

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Easiest legendaries in this game? The lake trio definitely. Not really much of a challenge against me.
-Nate the;448;

Mew The Gato

Chakra1412

Pretty much after my partner (Mudkip) in T/D/S learned mud slap...pretty much every legendary I faced became too easy. Being able to spam that against Groudon made it easier for me, because otherwise that earthquake would be devestating to me being Pikachu as the hero. (Lol dodging them earthquakes head on is still awesome).

Other than that...I'd say the easiest for me was Darkrai since by that time I had discharge. After taking out that Rhyperior making me useless using electric moves, it's just one discharge away from taking on Darkrai 3v1 usually. Really hard to say it was Darkrai though because the movesets and pairing and planning was making it get to easy versing some of the legendarily in game.

@Rakurai yes OHKO moves exist like Guillotine in GTI, and I'm pretty sure it can be upgraded in accuracy, but I have tested.

@redpnda15 as Rakurai said don't let the low number count be what turns you away, away from that the game is more than worth the purchase and time. The best in the series I'd say.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Mudkip was practically invented for destroying bosses. Early game, he can spam Mud Slap against the first few bosses. Eventualy, he'll get things like Bide, Endeavor, Protect and Hydro Pump. The combination of Endeavor and Hydro Pump can 2HKO just about any boss in the game, including Regigigas. Post-game you might even find yourself with a STAB Dig to take out dungeon guardians and outlaws with.

Anyways, the easiest technical legendary is definitely Groudon, although I have to admit Mesprit was pretty easy too.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Well, the Lake Trio for me. And tbh almost all of the Pokemon can beat them if you use the right moves. Munchlax does a good job at beating them, though.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
The lake trio was the easiest for me. Quite frankly, I just took it easy on them.