• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkness is Everywhere RMT

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
Ok i just thought of this a couple of days ago, and have been trying to construct a decent, and complete dark team. I think I have covered each weakness but you may spot some more.I need some major help with items as well. Ok here it is.

;197;
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 sp.def/ 252 def/4 hp
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Meanlook
- Protect

I have choosen Umbreon to be more of a trapper, then tank, just to see if it will work. I don't think many people will see it as a trapper so hopefully i can mean look, then toxic and then just heal and protect.

;430;
Honchkrow @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Naughty
Evs: 252 atk/ 252 sp.atk/ 4 spe
- Aerial Ace
-Night Slash
-Roost
-Dark Pulse

My main focus with Honchkrow is to take down those nasty bug types, with aerial ace, hopefully if the other pokemon is toxicated i can just roost, for a while getting back some hp. Honckrow is also my bets hope aganist fighting types as well, but i am worried i am loading him with too much work...

;229;
Houndoom @ Shell Bell???
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Rash
Evs: 252 sp atk/ 252 speed/ 4 atk
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder Fang

Houndoom can really carve up with a few nasty plots behind his back, thunder fang is there to ward off any sneaky water types.

;275;
Shiftry @ dry rock (the rock where it extends sunny day?)
Abilty: Chlorophyll
Nature: Naive
Evs: 252 speed/ 252 sp.atk/ 4 atk
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Faint Attack
- Energy Ball/ Leaf Storm

Shiftry is here to defend my Houndoom and HKrow of ground and rock attacks. Hopefully i can train it to be quick enough to set up a sunny day and take a hit and then i should be able to do some impressive damage on a pokemon with even high sp,def.

;319;
Sharpedo @ Life Orb???
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Naughty
Evs: 252 atk/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Aqua jet
- Waterfall

Sharpedo is here to take out fires and if a pesky garchomp comes wandering ill try and hit it with ice fang.

;461;
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Lonely

-Night Slash
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance
-Fake Out

Weavile is just there because its there. I debated with myself Tyranitar or weavile but since tyra had sand stream that was bad enough for me. Weavile can hopefully surprise some steels and rocks with brick break, and hopefully take the win.

Zeyre

Banned
Stealth Rock nuff said...

For Umbreon give it a Chople Berry and swap Moonlight out for Wish. Also I consider switching Toxic for Curse but idk..

For Honchkrow I highly suggest replacing that with a Wildcard. Gliscor would work wonders with this team as it counters Fighting types, mainly Lucario, with ease. It also provides you with a much needed Stealth Rock. Just go with the standard set.

Replace Houndoom with a RestTalk Spiritomb. Machamp does a good number to this team and this can start to help render the problem.

Shiftry on this team doesn't fit especially the fact that its using Sunny Day when hes the only one who needs it. I suggest a Sub Cacturne set. With Focus Punch, Sub, Sucker Punch, Leech Seed it can help aid the fight against Stall and can use hax to win (see soon)

As the only other option would be to replace Sharpedo with is Absol I'm not sure what to do here. If you were to replace it I suggest a mixed ou version Absol

Absol@Life Orb
252Atk / 80SpA / 176Spe
Naughty
Sucker Punch
Fire Blast
Superpower
Pursuit

Sucker Punch and Pursuit combo screws over Psychics and Ghosts like Gengar and Latias. Superpower ruins Steels and Blissey/Snorlax. Fire Blast can 2HKO Skarmory. You can try Flamethrower there.

Another option here would be Drapion. The Whirlwind could be useful. So could Toxic Spikes

Weavile isn't going to work so I suggest Tyranitar in this spot. Tyranitar and Sand STream fit the team perfectly. Go with a Dragon Dance Babiri Berry set so you can counter Scizor.

Hope I helped, any questions just ask

~-Falcon-~

Keyblade Master
With Umbreon remove moonlight and teach it at least 1 attack move.

Shiftry remove faint attack and add like dark pulse.

with weavile remove fake out and add some kind of ice type move

other that its a good team.

-Falcon

;197;
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- Payback
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

I have choosen Umbreon to be more of a trapper, then tank, just to see if it will work. I don't think many people will see it as a trapper so hopefully i can mean look, then toxic and then just heal and protect.

Trapping is pointless unless you run Curse. Wish is your healing, and with Protect it means you get an extra turn of poison damage in. Payback is STAB since otherwise you're Taunt fodder.

;430;
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Brave Bird
-Sucker Punch
-Roost
-Superpower

My main focus with Honchkrow is to take down those nasty bug types, with aerial ace, hopefully if the other pokemon is toxicated i can just roost, for a while getting back some hp. Honckrow is also my bets hope aganist fighting types as well, but i am worried i am loading him with too much work...

Standard Honchkrow. If you can't get Brave Bird go for Drill Peck.

;229;
Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 sp atk/ 252 speed/ 4 HP
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power Flying

Houndoom can really carve up with a few nasty plots behind his back, thunder fang is there to ward off any sneaky water types.

Standard NPDoom. You're better off Dark Pulseing Waters anyway, since after a NP it'll do more than any Thunder Fang.

;275;
Shiftry @ Choice Specs
Abilty: Chlorophyll
Nature: Naive/Timid
Evs: 252 speed/ 252 sp.atk/ 4 atk
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Explosion/Hidden Power Ice
- Leaf Storm

Shiftry is here to defend my Houndoom and HKrow of ground and rock attacks. Hopefully i can train it to be quick enough to set up a sunny day and take a hit and then i should be able to do some impressive damage on a pokemon with even high sp,def.

Sunny Day isn't worth it considering it hinders you than it benefits. Specs Shiftry is pretty decent, and with Explosion it packs a mighty punch. If you're really keen on the SunnyBeamer set, go for it, but I don't think the sun would do you any good.

;319;
Sharpedo @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Aqua jet
- Waterfall

Sharpedo is here to take out fires and if a pesky garchomp comes wandering ill try and hit it with ice fang.

Choice Band set gives you a nice revenge killer with Aqua Jet. Also Garchomp is Uber so no need to worry about it, Salamence is your concern.

;461;
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Lonely

-Night Slash
-Low Kick
-Swords Dance
-Ice Shard

Weavile is just there because its there. I debated with myself Tyranitar or weavile but since tyra had sand stream that was bad enough for me. Weavile can hopefully surprise some steels and rocks with brick break, and hopefully take the win.

No Ice STAB? Really? Ice Shard lets you kill Salamence, and Low Kick deals with Scizor/Tyranitar/etc. Focus Sash is a no-no since you'll be facing Stealth Rock anyway.
Team lacks a Fighting immunity, so I strongly recommend Spiritomb here somewhere. I also recommend Tyranitar in here somewhere as you need Stealth Rock on this team, and Tyranitar is the best Dark Stealth Rocker. I won't make any suggestions as to who to remove, but I strongly recommend you keep Umbreon (your team is so frail, you need the Wishes), Honchkrow and either Weavile or Sharpedo. If you keep neither Sharpedo nor Weavile you'd have to use ScarfTyranitar with Stealth Rock since you'd lack a revenge killer.

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
thankyou so very much guys, just one quetion though how is wish better then moonlight?
And if i did have spiritomb what would be a good setup for him? Ill try and think of one later..

scanda

Wish heals 50% or so on the 2nd turn that it has been activated and could be given to switched in pokemon as well as on its caster [ Umbreon ]

Wish can heal Pokemon other than the one that uses it.

Probably go for ResTalk Spiritomb since your team doesn't like status.

Spiritomb @Leftovers
Pressure | Calm | 252 HP/96 Def/160 SpD
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Shadow Ball
~ Will-o-Wisp

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
yeah thanks otaku, before you posted that i did some research and thoughh that a restalk spirtomb would fit nice too. However im tossing up between will-o-wisp and hp fighting, as im afraid that if i sleep talk ill just keep on getting will-o-wisp, and rest. Looks like more pondering for me...

Will-o-Wisp is fine, since defensive ResTalkers don't really need to rely on attacking with Sleep Talk. And you really do need a status absorber.

benttwig33

Forum n00b!
Team lacks a Fighting immunity, so I strongly recommend Spiritomb here somewhere. I also recommend Tyranitar in here somewhere as you need Stealth Rock on this team, and Tyranitar is the best Dark Stealth Rocker. I won't make any suggestions as to who to remove, but I strongly recommend you keep Umbreon (your team is so frail, you need the Wishes), Honchkrow and either Weavile or Sharpedo. If you keep neither Sharpedo nor Weavile you'd have to use ScarfTyranitar with Stealth Rock since you'd lack a revenge killer.

weavile needs brick break over low kick, wow.

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
Thanks everyone, I hopefull shouldnt need much help anymore, i have already bred most of my pokemons natures, and am now trying to ev them. The only thing that really suxs, is that i have diamond and not platinum, so those moves for honchkrow are gonna be a bummer.

CountCrotchula

If someone taunts your umbreon, then it's screwed, so give it at least 1 attack. For shiftry, i dont recommend it having sunny day, because it will just weaken sharpedo's waterfall and aqua jet.