• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai details

evandeck

sorry if this was already posted

"Tor-Chic, a Toys R Us employee, has sent us information about the Darkrai event, which will occur next Saturday and Sunday from noon until 4:00 PM. There is almost no difference between the Toys R Us Darkrai and the Japanese one given away last year at the theatrical release of Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai, except that the Japanese one says it was obtained from "Pokemon Movie 07," while the Toys R Us one says it came from a "Pokemon Event."

Darkrai (Lv. 50 in Cherish Ball) @ Enigma Berry
OT: Alamos
~ Roar of Time
~ Spacial Rend
~ Nightmare
~ Hypnosis

It's just like the Darkrai promo (pictured right), which was also given out at the 10th movie in Japan. I am sure the Darkrai Premium Box, the 10th movie DVD, and other Darkrai / Pokemon merchandise will be set out for fans to beg their parents to buy. :D

Darkrai is given away through Mystery Gift (named "The Rise of Darkrai"), like with Manaphy last September. Once you receive Darkrai, you can't get another through the Toys R Us Mystery Gift. You will have to claim it at the Mart, so you can soft-reset your game until you get a Darkrai that is to your satisfaction. The instructions given out at Toys R Us for downloading it also state that Darkrai cannot be traded over the Global Trade Station.

In addition to the Darkrai download, you will receive a coupon for $5.00 off any DS game. An elemental type chart will also be distributed, which shows how each Pokemon type performs against other types.

Tor-Chic was also told that because the Manaphy event was extremely successful across Toys R Us stores (despite the fact that players had access to one in Pokemon Ranger), Toys R Us decided to hold another Pokemon event (this event). Pokemon's popularity is still going, obviously!"

from http://www.pokebeach.com/

Well thanks for the information about the darkrai, and i dont remember hearing about this.

thank you.

evandeck

what is the point of a new type chart? we got one in the DP guides

is right.

but how do you know that this isnt Correct. a person could use a fake ID.

never know.

Alchemeng

<--- Clair
Are you asking a question about you own post?

Anyways thanks for all the detail.

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
The toys r us I went had an extremely unsuccessful manaphy event.
The toys r us I went to to get manaphy was a bust, somehow nintendo sent that toys r us an empty box, so manaphy could not be givin out and they had to pay a fine for the missing equipment. I hope that does not happen this time with darkrai.
I thought they would give out $5 off DS game coupons. Looks like I will get The World ends with you.

Last edited:

evandeck

okay.
ITS REAL!

w00t.

how do they even make the event?

is there like a machine?

EDIT: Can you SR to get a shiny one?

Last edited:

Alchemeng

<--- Clair
On the first page you can enlarge them and I don't believe your allowed to advertise.

EmberStar the Blaziken

Kung-Pow Chicken
Serebii said something a while ago about. I'm confused on how the mystery event thing works. So, does it send it right to my game or am I picking it up at a pokemart. I is confuzzled.

can you soft reset for a shiny one?

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
I shall finally have Darkrai... And he will bend to my will. All the pain he's caused... I shall reverse.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
^The pokemon is transferred into your game and you can then pick it up at any Pokemart.

BCVM22

Serebii said something a while ago about. I'm confused on how the mystery event thing works. So, does it send it right to my game or am I picking it up at a pokemart. I is confuzzled.

You receive the data. A delivery man waits for you at any Poké Mart. Not hard to grasp.

can you soft reset for a shiny one?

In theory, if you save in front of the delivery man and then SR until you get what you want.

I shall finally have Darkrai... And he will bend to my will. All the pain he's caused... I shall reverse.

Seek help.

Alchemeng

<--- Clair
Do you have to have beaten the whole game or it doesn't matter? And if you have 2 game packs can you get two?

BCVM22

Do you have to have beaten the whole game or it doesn't matter? And if you have 2 game packs can you get two?

The only progress requirement is obtaining of the Pokédex - not the National Dex, the Pokédex - and access to a Poké Mart. The requirement is one Darkrai per game card per person.

Alloute- yes they are. there rare events.

And yes you can bring two game paks.

edit: BEATEN all you need to be is past Jubilife City.