• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai Moveset?

Xous

I'd post my whole team, but I need to work on it more. :)

Anyways, how's this moveset for Darkrai?

;491; Darkrai @ Leftovers
Modest Nature [+Sp.Atk, -Atk.] /Or/ Timid Nature [+Spd., -Atk.]
*Dark Pulse
*Dark Hall
*Dream Eater
*Nightshade

I hate to limit him to Dark Pulse and Nightshade, but I'd like to keep the Dream Eater and Dark Hall attacks to fully use his Ability. Comments?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I like that set because after Dark Hall, your opponent WILL switch, and if they don't, they lose. During the turn they switch, set you a sub, then either Focus Punch or Dark Pulse what came out.

Freakshow

Jibaku
I like Life Orb Dark Hall/Pulse/Thunder/Focus Punch @ Lonely or Hasty nature. IIRC Life Orbed Focus Punch OHKOs Blissey (uber sets), and you can break the remaining stall with the rest of the moves (lol you can paraflinch if you want to)

Xous

I like Life Orb Dark Hall/Pulse/Thunder/Focus Punch @ Lonely or Hasty nature. IIRC Life Orbed Focus Punch OHKOs Blissey (uber sets), and you can break the remaining stall with the rest of the moves (lol you can paraflinch if you want to)

Ah; I see. :D Good thinking.

But is Life Orb worth the increase in attack for the damage it gives you? I guess it really is. :)

Wildly offtopic, but is that picture in your sig what Arceus really looks like?

It's just a piece of Art someone drew. It's not what it really looks like.

lol good. It looks like an old man (no offense).

I think the 135 special attack should be utilised as well as possible. More offense plz.

Dark Pulse
Psychic
Thunder
For the last one, being the AOA that I am, would probably go with something like Shadow Ball or Ice Beam, but if you want to use his ability, of course go with Hynosis.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball have practically the same coverage, except Dark Pulse hits Normals. Plz put Focus Punch for Blissey.

Spire

soiya
This works.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Hasty (+Spd, -SDef)
Trait: Nightmare
EVs: 252 SAtk / 200 Spd / 58 Atk
- Dark Hall
- Focus Punch
- Thunder
- Dark Pulse

Since Dark + Fighting cover the same types as Ghost + Fighting, it's not really worth putting Shadow Ball on it as well. Those extra Attack EVs means Darkrai can OHKO Blissey, as long as it's not packing Max Def EVs with Bold.
(This is pretty much the same thing Freakshow posted. I'm just going into more detail.)

Xous

lol good. It looks like an old man (no offense).

I think the 135 special attack should be utilised as well as possible. More offense plz.

xD

I drew it, in case you're wondering. I just think it looks cool; I see how it's old man-ish.

And thanks to Spire, Freakshow, and randomn00b: I'll certainly put your ideas to good use. I'll put on Focus Punch and Thunder.

Alzi

Toon link
Darkrai@Leftovers
Modest/Timid
-Dark Pulse
-Dream Eater
-Hypnosis
-Nightshade/Thunder bolt

-Or-

Darkrai@Leftovers
Modest/Timid
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Dark Pulse
-substitute

-Or-

Darkrai@Leftovers
Adamant/Modest
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Sword Dance/ Maybe somthing else if your gonna have modest nature..
-Dark Hall

Last edited:

Bull

Just a pokemon fan
I'm fond of this set:

Darkrai
Timid with 252 evs in sp. atk, 252 evs in speed and 6 in HP
Dark Hall
Substitute
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse
@Leftovers

I think that as Darkrai is very resourceful it shouln't be helped to die with Life Orb, as its HP and defenses are not that high. The fact is that the Focus Punc/Dark Pulse/Dark Hall/Substitute set will get completely walled by Bug Arceus. So take into account Bug Arceus when thinking of the set for Darkrai.

Last edited:

xgina

Banned
I The fact is that the Focus Punc/Dark Pulse/Dark Hall/Substitute set will get completely walled by Bug Arceus. 4J made one that has Sleep Talk, and I added one with Recover where Judgement Pebble will rip you to pieces in both sets. So take into account Bug Arceus when thinking of the set for Darkrai.
gj, you didn't read that this is the ****ing ingame rmt
All that **** about Bug Arceus that you will never run into ingame is worthless

Bull

Just a pokemon fan
gj, you didn't read that this is the ****ing ingame rmt
All that **** about Bug Arceus that you will never run into ingame is worthless

You're right, did forget. However, the only place you would face a Bliss that can cause you troubles is in the Battle Tower where Darkrai is not allowed, so what is the purpose of saying that if in-game Darkrai will never face harsh countering?