• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai Recolors

[aka]

Just decided to do some recolors of Darkrai
144 Articuno (coming soon)
145 Zapdos
146 Moltres (this may be my best yet!)
150 Mewtwo
151 Mew (in case anybody ever wanted to see a pink Darkrai o_O)
243 Raikou
244 Entei
245 Suicune
249 Lugia
250 Ho-oh
251 Celebi (this didn't turn out so great....sorry Joe...)

Yonowaru in Chaos spotted the trend! Time for a celebration! Noodles for all! Wait, strike that! No noodles! Well I guess that's as much of a celebration if you don't like noodles....
The trend is that starting from the beginning, I'm going to recolor Darkrai as every pokemon in the dex (excluding Darkrai (?) of course).
I shall upload a few each day, excluding saturday (it's my sabbath).
Also, I shall give the names of the recolor...or something

EDIT: I'm baack! I finally decided to start this thing goin' again.
Instead of doing the # at a time or w/e I'll be updating every so often. I've decided to do go out of order and do legendaries, after that will probably be starters.
I've started using the new Platinum sprite; you should notice the difference. I've also started coloring the outline of the sprite now, and I think it looks much better.

Last edited:

Ladnek

Can't touch this!
Most of the images have been deleted, so I can't really judge them. For the I've seen, it seems odd to give a dark pokemon bright colors, but they're original.
It's hard to rate re-colors, but I give you 5/5 for originality(is that spelt right?).

Last edited:

[aka]

Most of the images have been deleted, so I can't really judge them. For the I've seen, it seems odd to give a dark pokemon bright colors, but they're original.
It's hard to rate re-colors, but I give you 5/5 for originality(is that spelt right?).
:) Thanks (and yes it's spelled right)

Fixed the rest of them

Angelic Pika

i stalk you
Hmm, they're pretty neat. You chose awesome colors for Darkrai. As Ladnek said, most have been deleted but I'm assuming that the trend was 'his eyes always stay blue', amirite? A tip, you should also recolor the outline, to match the new recolored sprite. Or else it would look like crap. :]

EDIT ;~;
Okay, you edited them. >>; Yes the recoloring of the outline would really help your spriting. I was wrong about the trend, and I won't bother guessing again. :] Great work, keep it up.

[aka]

Hmm, they're pretty neat. You chose awesome colors for Darkrai. As Ladnek said, most have been deleted but I'm assuming that the trend was 'his eyes always stay blue', amirite? A tip, you should also recolor the outline, to match the new recolored sprite. Or else it would look like crap. :]

EDIT ;~;
Okay, you edited them. >>; Yes the recoloring of the outline would really help your spriting. I was wrong about the trend, and I won't bother guessing again. :] Great work, keep it up.
Hmm... well I do try to recolor the outline, but I just leave the black black. I guess I could change that....

And pokemon don't always have enough "eye colors" to change his eye so that's why it's unchanged in some.
:) thanks

HINT: It has something to do with the order they're in

duncan

Not bad at all. Recolors tend to be a bit bland sometimes, but for Darkrai they're pretty interesting. Even though when I think of a Darkrai recolor, I think something along the lines of a Shadow Pokemon or something.

The sixth one looks...odd, though. Like a Hawaiian Darkrai or something. o_O

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
But I'll say it before he does!

The first ones Bulbasaur and it goes all the way to Butterfree. Are you making a dex out of it (all 492 pokes)?

I'd love to see more, you're pretty talented with this!

[aka]

But I'll say it before he does!

The first ones Bulbasaur and it goes all the way to Butterfree. Are you making a dex out of it (all 492 pokes)?

I'd love to see more, you're pretty talented with this!

You are correct sir! Two pancakes for you (One for guessing and one for the compliment, though minus one because he said he knew it first and it was kinda stealing his thunder or w/e)!

I plan to; I'm already to Pidgeot! (I'll upload the next twelve or so tomorrow.)

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
NICE! But I have a problem with the caterpie one. Try shading the Anti-Gravity hair plz. It hurts me eyes. ;).

Blademaster_Jale

Feelin' Lucky?
for one thing, you labeled them wrong. Charmander/meleon/izard should be numbers 4, 5, and six. likewise, Squirtle, Wartortle and Blastoise are numbers 7, 8, and 9. you got it right with your links, but not with the names.

anyways, this looks like an interesting and original idea, but you leave too much black outline. since Darkrai is a dark-colored pokemon to begin with, some of its outline colors look very much like black, so even if you only change the non-black colors it would still be difficult to tell which ones should or shouldnt be left as black. just use your judgement, and if it doesnt seem like the outline should be black in one spot, replace it with a darker shade of the color next to it.

other than that, nice job!

[aka]

Darn it.. I got beat to it.. Hahaha :D
Eh, I'll still give you a pancake! :)
for one thing, you labeled them wrong. Charmander/meleon/izard should be numbers 4, 5, and six. likewise, Squirtle, Wartortle and Blastoise are numbers 7, 8, and 9. you got it right with your links, but not with the names.
Oh, thanks. (Fixed it.)
anyways, this looks like an interesting and original idea, but you leave too much black outline. since Darkrai is a dark-colored pokemon to begin with, some of its outline colors look very much like black, so even if you only change the non-black colors it would still be difficult to tell which ones should or shouldnt be left as black. just use your judgement, and if it doesnt seem like the outline should be black in one spot, replace it with a darker shade of the color next to it.
Hmm.... well... as much as I agree..... uhm.... hrrm....
*sigh* fine. I guess from now on I'll try to you an almost black-ish color...or something to that effect...>.>
other than that, nice job!
xD thanks!

gtab x3

These look alright i have only seen a few but i have one question where did you get those colours?

[aka]

These look alright i have only seen a few but i have one question where did you get those colours?
I got them from the sprites of other pokemon.

Updated first post with next batch

[aka]

Ta-da!!!
I'm baaack!
I did a few more in order, but then I started doing legendaries >.>
I also did a few other recolors that you'll just have to look at for yourself... =D
Also, from now on the recolors'll be the platinum sprite so... in case you're looking through and are like "o_O Taht 1 Iz d1ff3rn7!!!!"
144 Articuno (coming soon)
145 Zapdos
146 Moltres (this may be my best yet!)
150 Mewtwo
151 Mew (in case anybody ever wanted to see a pink Darkrai o_O)
243 Raikou
244 Entei
245 Suicune
249 Lugia
250 Ho-oh
251 Celebi (this didn't turn out so great....sorry Joe...)
Absol!?
Shiny rotom!?!?!?

[aka]

the shiny rotom alt forms has truly different color on their plazma exept the toaster he looks fine
I didn't change the plasma color because I really have no idea what it's gonna change to; I was able to change the body color because all of them use the same colors as the original Rotom.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Cool! The Darkrai colored Darkrai is neat!

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Cool! The Darkrai colored Darkrai is neat!