• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai, Shaymin & Arceus

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
These 3 were the new Mythical Pokemon of Generation 4 and appeared as the last 3 Pokemon in the Gen 4 National Dex. Did you manage to get all 3 of them? If so from which events? Did you also activate the Sinjoh Ruins event with Arceus?

For the record I'm not counting Manaphy since I already made a topic about it before.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I got Darkrai from the Toys R Us event in D/P, and another one from the Member Card event for Platinum version. I also got Shaymin from the third Pokemon Ranger game and Arceus from the Toys R Us event that happened around the time that the 12th movie was released in the United States.

TwilightBlade

I got Darkrai from Shadows of Almia but I wish I could've gotten the one from Toys 'R' Us because that one had Spacial Rend and Roar of Time. I never got Shaymin because I missed the event but I did get an Australian Arceus that I think is the same as the American one

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
I got Darkrai from Shadows of Almia but I wish I could've gotten the one from Toys 'R' Us because that one had Spacial Rend and Roar of Time.

I actually preferred the Darkrai from the second Pokemon Ranger game since it knew its unique signature move [Dark Void]. The Toys R Us Darkrai knowing Dialga and Palkia's signature moves just seemed iffy to me.

TwilightBlade

I actually preferred the Darkrai from the second Pokemon Ranger game since it knew its unique signature move [Dark Void]. The Toys R Us Darkrai knowing Dialga and Palkia's signature moves just seemed iffy to me.

But all Darkrai can learn Dark Void but only the Darkrai from the Toys 'R' Us event could learn those two special attacks. That's why I value the Toys 'R' Us version more.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
But all Darkrai can learn Dark Void but only the Darkrai from the Toys 'R' Us event could learn those two special attacks. That's why I value the Toys 'R' Us version more.

True, although Darkrai needs to level up to Level 60 in order to learn Dark Void in Gen IV I believe, whereas the Almia Darkrai already knows the move at Level 50. So I just like the convenience of the Almia Darkrai.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I got a Japanese Arceus from someone who attended the Japanese movie release and I was surprised that it actually activated the Sinjoh Ruins event in my English Heart Gold. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
Venomshock said:
Sucks that the Azure Flute was never given away online.

I always thought that was a shame. I think that Mr. Masuda explained a while back that Nintendo didn't distribute the Azure Flute item because they thought that the Hall of Origin event in D/P/Pt was too complicated for players to do, even though Nintendo or TPCi could've easily written a step-by-step guideline of the event on the official website to help players figure out how to reach Arceus that way.

TwilightBlade

Got Darkrai from the Member Card distribution for Platinum, Shaymin from the Oak's Letter event in the same game and Arceus from a trade. Sucks that the Azure Flute was never given away online.

What sucks the most about the lack of an official Azure Flute event is that players of HGSS missed out on a chance to return to the Sinjoh Ruins via an event that would activate with a Hall of Origin Arceus from Platinum. :[

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
What sucks the most about the lack of an official Azure Flute event is that players of HGSS missed out on a chance to return to the Sinjoh Ruins via an event that would activate with a Hall of Origin Arceus from Platinum. :[

I actually managed to get a Hall of Fame Arceus from someone via trade that I keep in my SoulSilver game simply to activate that event a second time. I never finish the event however, I just like teleporting to the ruins so that I can listen to the music there, which is basically a remix of the music that plays at the top of Mt. Tengan (Coronet).

Sakuyamon

There was a Darkrai event at a store where I lived a long time ago but I missed it. Lucky for me the Member's Card was given through Wi-Fi a year later so I caught Darkrai in Platinum using that event.

I got Shaymin from the Guardian Signs game and Arceus from someone in a trade on Smogon.

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
My first copy of HeartGold had a Hall of Origins Arceus, but I'm pretty sure that was hacked in. Otherwise, I never had the chance to get the event Pokemon. I'm not even sure if they were distributed where I live.