• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai

buneary dude

Buneary dude here! I just wanted to let you know that I battled Darkrai. But his name was in english. There not already giving Darkrais in U, S, and A, right?

Last edited:

Ho-oh Master

Japanese names can only be 5 letters in English. But still it can't be nicknamed so it was a hack.

Furanki Pkmn Master

I have the Movie One
no no all Japanese Pokemon's names in PBR get translated when battling on wi-fi for Example:

In my US PBR Blaizken will be:
BLAZIKEN

While a Japanese Player will see my Blaziken as:
Bashiyamo in Katakana

Rakurai

That's weird. I saw a player who had a Milotic who's name was in katakana in randoms.

Master Mewtwo

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
It either does or it doesn't. It can't be both.

To my knowledge, if you are battling a Japanese player, the names will be in Katana, and Vice Versa, but if the Pokemon is Nicknamed, it will retain that name it battle.

Master Mewtwo

Kurisu

Photoshop Senpai
All pokemon names from a Japanese Version will remain in kana when your battling or trading for a pokemon that has been nicknamed in kana.

However, when you get a JP version over a link trade or GTS, and the name is in kana, but wasn't nicked named, the name will change back to English when the pokemon evolves.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I have a few pokemon I caught in my Japanese Pearl. Even though they are curantly in my English Diamond and PBR they still have Japanese names even on Wi-Fi. The way it desides to use English or Japanese names depends on which language game the pokemon was origanany caught in. (Evolving a pokemon in an English game will make it English though)

Haruka_Ash

the unstranlated names of the pokemon is because they were gotten in a trade for example the heracross i got long time ago in my emerald i transfered to my diamond and when i battle on wi fi the nickname its there

also the rules for a nickname to appear is because the pbr registers only one ID and SID

if u see a nickname is because they came from another version or another game because the ID and SID are different

Torkoal and Torterra

DOES NOT COMPUTE!
i don't think any of the games can translate japanese to english, otherwise my japanese movie darkrai (yes its legit, don't ask for it) would've been translated which it wasn't.

Haruka_Ash

i don't think any of the games can translate japanese to english, otherwise my japanese movie darkrai (yes its legit, don't ask for it) would've been translated which it wasn't.

thats because demo and movie darkrai are nintendo pokemon they get like if was a trade it will keep the original name also i got the demo and movie darkrai and appear in japanese on wi fi

Torterra-417

Worship the willow!
Maybe it was hacked...