• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai007s Virizion/Genesect deck

Darkrai007

Poke Samurai
Pokemon

Genesect EX x 3

Virizion Ex x 3

Virizion x 2

Trainer

Professor Juniper x4
N x 3
Shadow triad x 3
Skyla x 4
Ultr ball x 3
g booster x 1
Switch x 4
Plasma badge x 3
Colress machine x 3
pokemon catcher x 3
super rod x 2
Skyarrow bridge/plasma frigate x 2
Energy switch x 2

Energy

11 x grass energy
4 x plasma energy

ok guys the main strategy is to power up that genesectex by virizion ex and use him along with the g booster for those OHKOs.Super rod is there to yake those energy cards back from the discard pile. Please rate my deck and help me improve it.Its not that good i know im still a noob. Anyway thanks for viewing :)

Swagsire

Pokemon

Genesect EX x 3

Virizion Ex x 3

Virizion x 2

Trainer

Professor Juniper x4
N x 3
Shadow triad x 3
Skyla x 4
Ultr ball x 3
g booster x 1
Switch x 4
Plasma badge x 3
Colress machine x 3
pokemon catcher x 3
super rod x 2
Skyarrow bridge/plasma frigate x 2
Energy switch x 2

Energy

11 x grass energy
4 x plasma energy

ok guys the main strategy is to power up that genesectex by virizion ex and use him along with the g booster for those OHKOs.Super rod is there to yake those energy cards back from the discard pile. Please rate my deck and help me improve it.Its not that good i know im still a noob. Anyway thanks for viewing :)

Energy count is high. Keep in mind that energy switch is going out of format next season (which is soon). Your deck seems very heavily focused on the first turn emerald slash, which is okay, but you could probably use a few more draw supporters. If you don't happen to get that godhand(which will happen) then you need to have more firepower. Take out maybe a skyla or a triad in order to put in a Bianca or two. As well, tool scrapper could be put it for 2 energy. Qwaa ;195;

Darkrai007

Poke Samurai
Hmm..maybe ill remove a triad??.
And thinking of adding keldeo.
As for the energy switch yeah why not.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I highly suggest just running 5 shadow triad/skyla, as that seems to be a universal deck engine problem, slows the deck down etc.

Keldeo + 2 float stone, a nice line of 2/2 switch/float stone is fairly solid and has a nice reaction time to snorlax's retreat lock.

I think you should keep the tool scrapper, if not go up to 3-4, as once this set is released silver mirror and bangle will be this whole deck's demise. As for right now Tool scrapper is not important but it will be in a month.

Personally, I don't like to use virizion EX as the setup, as after testing for a good solid month, 1. it's no different then running shaymin EX, yes it has more HP and has a nifty effect, but it just has to be out for it to be useful, 2. The energy accel, after testing this in particular, it came to my attention that virizion used up a lot of resources where as genesect seemed to get the short end of the stick (considering that you use a lot of resources just to get that turn 1 or even turn 2 setup, reduced what you had to use to setup genesect, and in theory genesect seems like the only true attacker out of the deck being able to tear for the 200, then at this point it becomes more of a thought on using virizion over genesect, the reason why I liked shaymin over virizion was because it used 1 grass energy in total to do the same turn 2 200). Regadless, I just think that virizion should be a bench tech an d nothing more, tech in a couple max potion if you're afraid of them getting killed, and lastly, virizion EX comes more in handy late game then early.

With the 6th gen base set in august we should see cards like e. switch returning, they seem to make em at the beginning of each of em.

Last edited: