• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai's Legion (Sign-Up)

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
This thread is rated PG-13, for minor swearing and slight obsession with World Domination.

This is an old RPG that I made a while back (then called the Underlings of Darkrai) and I recently came across it again, so I decided to give it a try. I'm FPM and I'll be the GM for this RPG, with the possibility of a co-owner later on. Anyway, on to the good stuff.

(Side Note: For those of you who haven’t played Pokemon Colosseum or XD, shadow pokemon are pokemon that have had their hearts artificially closed and are therefore more powerful and angry than normal.)

Plot

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* This is your emergency alert system. Please stay tuned for farther information. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

This was the sound heard on all broadcasting devices throughout the pokemon world.

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep* Police have just confirmed the release of millions of so-called ‘shadow pokemon’ into the regions of the world. These shadows are made to be ultimate fighting machines. They have no emotions, and are hard to control. All eligible trainers that can help in the fight against these invaders, are asked to report to the Indigo Plateau as soon as possible and receive there assignments from the new appointed Elite Four. These shadow pokemon are beasts. If you confront one, you should not engage it, but you should contact the Elite Four right away. *Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

As this broadcast was airing, a new criminal organization was putting the finishing touches on their most recent batch of shadow pokemon. Although shadow pokemon were originally created by the joint workings of Cipher and Snagem, this new gang has a secret ingredient, the “H” Factor, that made these new shadows even more reckless and powerful. This new organization refers to themselves as 'Darkrai's Legion.'

The Champion and the Elite Four have recruited many strong pokemon trainers to fight against this onslaught of shadows and this army has managed to keep most of the world's vital areas unharmed. However, the threat of shadows is still very much alive, and won’t be put to rest until the Darkrai HQ is found and production of the new shadows has ceased. Trainers all around the world have taken to the search, from beginning trainers eager to teat their skills, to seasoned veterans with untold experience. Will you be the one to take down 'Darkrai's Legion' and be proclaimed as a pokemon hero? Only time will tell.

Rules
1) Follow all Sppf rules. We don't want to get this RPG closed.
2) Respect all of the players. Keep arguments between the fictional characters.
3) As stated before, this thread is rated PG-13. This allows for mild swearing to prove a point, but don't go overboard, and don't swear OOC.
4) Watch the length/quality of your RP posts. I want lengthy, well written posts.
5) No 'Power Playing.' It wrecks the game for the rest of the players. I get that some roles are generally stronger than other, but these players should balance out their skills by battling stronger opponents.
6) Limit your Bunnying. I will allow a tiny bit of bunnying, but limit your use. Don't have someone's character go throw himself off a cliff.

Roles

Champion (GM Role)
Elite Four Trainer-0 Left
Gym Leader-3 Left
Trainer- Infinite
Beginning Trainer-3 Left
Ranger-0 Left
Snagger-0 Left
Darkrai Solider-Infinite

(Role Note: Rangers are the only role able to capture shadow pokemon, to counter-act their low battle skills.)

Champion- The Champion of the Pokemon League. As soon as the invasion started, he was called in along with the Elite 4 to help defeat the shadow pokemon. Being the Champion, he has many connections, and is well known and respected all over the world. He also has the best battle skills in the world, and is normally undefeatable.

Elite Four Trainer- A member of the Elite Four. They are elite trainers and have mad battle skills, but they tend to stick to one type of pokemon. They are also needed in each of their regions, and therefore can’t travel outside their own region. Like the Champion, they have many connections and are well known in they own regions.

Gym Leader- A leading trainer of a Pokemon Gym. They have great battle skills, but they tend to stick to one type of pokemon. They don’t have many connections, but they are well known around their separate regions. They are the first line of defense for there regions, along with the Elite 4 trainers.

Trainer- A normal Pokemon trainer. They were recruited to fight the shadow pokemon, and are the main bulk of the forces.

Beginning Trainer- A trainer just starting out on path to being a Pokemon Master. These trainers are ones of untold skill, and most likely have a mentor, like a Pokemon Professor. Due to the mentoring, they are highly intelligent, and know much about the pokemon they train.

Ranger- A Pokemon Ranger who uses a Styler to communicate to Pokemon. This way of capturing pokemon, although not as effective as poke balls, allows for a better relationship with their pokemon. Recent advancements in technology allow the rangers to keep the pokemon they capture with the Styler, if they choose to do so. Also, Prof. Hastings has developed a new adapter for the Styler, that enhances it power, allowing for more of a ranger’s true feelings to be conveyed. This also allows the rangers to convey their feelings to shadow pokemon, and therefore allow them to purify them by going to the luminous stone in the Almia region. They have no real life battle experience, but do have some simulator practice, and can battle if need be.

Snagger- A rouge on the wrong side of the law, a Snagger is part the Special Operations division of Team Snagem that capture pokemon in order to turn them in shadows. These Snaggers are the leaders of the Shadow invasion, because the higher up have been recalled to base. Snagger have a powerful machine called a Snag Machine, which allows them to take other Trainers pokemon. These Snag Machines, however, are out-of-date and can’t handle the new shadow pokemon. A Snagger can raise normal shadows (not injected with the "H" Factor shadows) they have received from HQ, but their Snag Machines can’t snag shadows, just normal pokemon.

Darkrai Solider - A lackey of the criminal organization 'Darkrai's Legion.' Many of these trainers where dispatch for Darkrai HQ in order to gather information on the new and improved shadow pokemon. Each one is given a shadow pokemon and monitors their performance as they carry out missions from HQ. Considered to be the ‘evil’ role. The bulk of this force is centered around Darkrai HQ in Kanto, but some higher ups have been sent to investigate in other regions.

Sign-Up Sheet

Trainer
Name: (First and Last)
Nickname: (Optional)
Hometown/Current Residence: (Include both please)
Role: (List Above)

Appearance: (5+ lines)
Personality: (6+ lines)
History: (6+ lines)

(Side Note: Please complete a separate Pokemon information field for each pokemon, even the ones in your storage box)

Pokemon
(Up to six per Trainer, can store extra Pokemon in the Storage Box)
Species: (No Legends unless pre-approved by the GM)
Nickname: (Optional/Not for Shadows)
Appearance:
Personality: (3+ lines/Take into account the enraged personality of a Shadow if you have one)
Origin: (Where did it come from?/How did you get it?)

RP Sample: (8+ Lines/Can be a post from a different RPG)

Approved Members
1.) Tyler Grey - Champion (Fire_Pokemon_Master_271)
2.) Ian Gabriel - Elite Four ~Dark-Type~ (SoulMuse)
3.) Sam Whisk - Elite Four ~Ice-Type~ (Slipomatic)
4.) Derpy Hooves - Elite Four ~Ghost-Type~ (bobyjoe5000)
5.) Yamiko Murakage - Snagger (Kiruria)
6.) Jay F. Heather - Ranger (wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle)
7.) Eric Starstorm - Trainer (Psychic Swordsman)
8.) Tyler Kingston - Trainer (Mon1010)

Pending Members

Reserved Spots
1.) Aura Of Twilight - Elite Four ~Fighting-Type~
2.) GoldenHouou - Snagger
3.) Loreni333 - Gym Leader ~Bug-Type~

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Winterbreezesrule - Okay, not a problem. I might add more Ranger potions later if anyone else is interested in them, but for know you have the only one.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Shouldn't there be four Elite Four? They're not the Elite Two after all. =P

Anyway, I'm interested, I just don't know what to be yet...

Oh, can we have more than one character?

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Mon1010 - I thought I had changed the role numbers when I copied the thread, but I guess not. Oh well, its fixed now. I'll reserve a general spot, so just tell me when you figure out what character you want to be. As for the multi-character question, I'd prefer if you are going to do that you have one main character and one side character that you don't use as much. Just think it will work out better that way. I will allow you all to create NPC's though. Oh. and one final note, if you do make a side character it will need its own sign-up (though not as detailed) and it will have to be from one of the unlimited categories, either a regular Trainer or a Darkrai Solider.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
This looks intresting...How many years has it been since the shadow pokemon incident though? And also, for the roles such as an elite four member or the snagger, do we use already made characters, such as Tabitha and Wes, or just OCs?

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Aura Of Twilight - Since the shadow pokemon incident of Colosseum/XD? Good question. I'd have to say around 3 or 4 years. Long enough that people have gotten back to there regular lives but not long enough that they have forgotten about the incident. Second, I don't really mind you having pre-made characters I guess. I am, however, working with some ideas itn my head and might want to use some of the pre-made characters for myself. So all I ask is check with me on the specific character before you decide to RP as them. Oh, and I still want a custom sign-up even if you have a pre-made character.

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Aura Of Twilight - That's cool. I'll go ahead and reserve you a general spot and just let me know when you decide.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I like the idea but I have a quick question. Do you want the elite four to be completely specialized in one type or can they branch out somewhat?

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@SoulMuse - Let put it this way. I allow you to have six pokemon on you at once. Elite Four members must have more than half of their team, or three members, be of the same type, and Gym Leaders must have at least two of the same type. Dual-types do count towards this number. For example, a team for a fire-type Gym Leader could consist of Magcargo, Charizard, Oddish, Tentacool, Spinda, and Machop. An example of a water-type Elite Four could be Bulbasaur, Ho-oh, Pikachu, Wooper, Gyarados, and Starmie. Got it?

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Sure. That is fine. I would like to reserve an Elite Four spot. I do have two more questions. First off, could I have my character have captured Virizon, and second is this RP only is Kanto or does it span other regions? Sorry if the last one seems stupid, but I can't quite tell from reading the summary.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@SoulMuse - Okay, I'll sign you up for an E4 slot. If you know what type you want tell me so I can reserve that for you as well. The first question is pretty simple. I don't plan to do much with the fifth gen. pokemon. My DS broken not long after the release of Black and White, so I really haven't been able to play my Black version as much as my other games, and as a result I don't know much about fifth gen. So, long story short, it fine to have Virizon, since I won't be using him. The second question is completely valid. Well the main base will be in Kanto I am opening up all of the regions of the main series pokemon games for exploration, plus Almia and Orre. So a total of 7 regions are available. Where you want to be is your choice. This is going to be a very open RP.

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Sign-Up Sheet

Ranger
Name: Jay F. Heather
Nickname: Jayfeather
Hometown/Current Residence: Cocona Village, Oblivia (hometown) Ranger Union, Almina (current location)
Role: Ranger

Appearance: Jay is about six feet tall, and has the build of a athletic guy. After all, he is a Pokemon Ranger. He isn't all douchebag buff, but he still has muscles. He is fair toned in skin, as he always applies sunscreen when he goes out. He burns easily, after all. He has jet black hair that spikes up in different places. He doesn't have bangs. His eyes are an icy blue in color. He has a smaller than average nose. His ears are normal in size. He wears the goggles of an Oblivia Ranger around his head proudly. He wears black glasses. His goggles have been fitted so that they double as glasses. He puts his glasses away when he wears the goggles.

When Jay isn't in uniform, he often wears darker shades of clothing. He mainly wears grey. His most common outfit is a grey T-shirt with a chest pocket on the right side and darker grey jeans that are a bit torn up around the knee area and edges. He always has his styler on him, but when off duty, he holds them in a grey bag he always holds. He will wear dark grey keens. When on duty, he wears the Oblivia Ranger uniform. (If you want me to describe it, I will.)

Personality: Jay is kind of a grumpy guy. He will snap at someone at his base and it would be perfectly normal. He can't remember why he is so grumpy all the time. It's from a long time ago. He isn't very patient either, and he gets even grumpier when he has to wait long periods of time for things. Even then, he is careful when he does things. He wants to get it right the first time so he doesn't have to do it again.

Jay is also a dreamer. He daydreams of hilarious fantsies when he is bored. He has many dreams of himself, such as becoming a Top Ranger one day. He studied a lot when he was younger, so he does have an admirable amount of information. He hides his intellegence, though, because he doesn't want to be seen as a brilliant guy. He just wants to be seen as Jay.

History: Jay was born in Cocona Village on Renbow island. He was never interested in becoming a Pokemon Ranger. He just really like Pokemon and the mysteries surrounding them. He often explored and stayed away from home. He once wondered into Rasp Cavern when he was younger, for he had been following a Dunsparce. He almost fell off one of the many cliffs when his dad saved him. He was about nine at the time. He claimed that he didn't see the drop off, and he was right. Jay was legally blind, so he got glasses. He was eventually convinced to become a ranger by his family, for everyone in it was a ranger. So he went of to Almina at age thirteen so he could go the the Ranger School. He didn't mind that much, because he had so few human friends in Cocona Village. He was a bit sad about leaving his Pokemon friends, though. He made friends and such, but he really focused on his studies so he could graduate. His best two friends were a mechanic called Holly L. Eaaf and Lion B. Laze, an Operator in training. They did get into trouble a lot, but Jay hardly actually did anything, because he had most likely been off studying or practicing.

Finally, after a year of studies and fieldwork, he was ready. He graduated and was sent back home as a field ranger. The thing was, Oblivia was such a peaceful place that Jay hardly ever had to do anything. He explored a lot, but didn't go on any missions or such, minus computer-simulated ones. However, he did do quests for the people of Oblivia. He actually became well known for his helpfulness around the region (because it really only has three inhabited islands) and he really didn't like all of the attention. Maybe that's why he became so gru,py? When the alert about the shadow Pokemon was sent out, most of the Rangers were sent to the Ranger Base. Jay was one of them.

Pokemon

Species: Roserade
Nickname: Thorn
Appearance: A normal Roserade, but he still has the eyes of a shiny one

Personality: Thorn is soft on the inside and hard on the outside. He wants to look tough because he feels like he has an image to uphold, but on the inside, he is very kind and caring. He will immeadately try to help another Pokemon if they are hurt. He is also very prideful, and will go crazy if someone insults his pride. However, if a Pokemon that insulted him was hurt (not by him, of course) he will help them.

Origin: Right after Jay had been released from the Ranger School, he was given a mission before he was sent back to Oblivia. He had to stop a rouge Budew from hurting some Pichu. He caught the Pokemon. He tried to release the Pokemon. The Pichu were all released, but Thorn stayed and became Jay's Partner Pokemon.

Species: Delcatty
Nickname: Decat
Appearance: A normal Delcatty.

Personality: Decat is a very energetic Pokemon. He bounces off the walls all of the time, and is always the first one in line for treats such as ice-cream and other treats. He loves everyone he meets at first sight, and will jump up to someone the instant they approach Jay. He likes being surrounded by people, and if he is alone he will be very sad. He loves being the center of attention.

Origin: Decat was found by Jay when he was on a quest for a resident of Sophos City. The old man had seen a Skitty being taunted by a heard of Purrloin and Liepard. He found the Pokemon and captured them. He released them all, but the Skitty stayed. Ever since, Decat has been a member of Jay's team.

Last edited:

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I will be using Dark types for my primary type. Thanks.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Winterbreezesrule - Wow, that was quick. Maybe a little to quick. Don't get me wrong, it is a good sign-up and I can see from your RP sample that you have the writing skills, but I can't help but think it could be longer. In particular is the History section. It barely reaches the minimum 6 lines and that is only because of line breaks. For a normal trainer sign-up I would proably take this, but since you want a unique role I'm going to have to ask you to length out the History section. Your sign-up is pending until then. Give me a heads-up when its done.

Last edited:

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I gotta say, this looks pretty good. I looked it over and made an SU.

Name: Eric Starstorm
Hometown/Current Residence: Fallarbor Town/Route 114
Role: Trainer

Appearance: He's never seen without a Victini-print hoodie on his back, even in hot places (where he just rolls up the sleeves). He has unique eyes: one is blue, and one is yellow. He has blue jeans on most of the time, and he wears khaki shorts under them so he can situate himself for all climates with ease. He wears black boots that go up to his knees to protect from bug bites. His hair is neat and windswept to the left, with a chocolate brown color. He has a hat that would look somewhat like a baseball cap, but has a wider brim that circles the whole hat (I'll provide an image link at the end of the post). He supposedly wears it to protect his eyes from the sun, but he really just thinks it looks cool. He also wears a watch that doubles as a communicator, and is blue to match his hoodie.

Personality: He tries to be kind and charismatic towards everyone. However, due to his shyness, he is often typecast as a lone wolf. This causes him a good deal of stress, but he doesn't show it. If he gets to know someone, he'll easily loosen up around them; he will laugh at every joke, offer any advice that he can, and generally just try and have a fun time with good friends. However, this all changes when you make him angry. This is what Eric considers therapy: going completely berserk on his foes and venting his anger and sadness through his strikes. But when battle is over, he changes back so radically that he sometimes forgets what he was doing. This is another trait of his: he's often forgetful to the point of absent-mindedness. When he truly needs to remember something, though, he can. When the stress is too much for him to take (which is rare), he'll become very distant, even around his best friends, no matter how much he wants otherwise.

History: Eric grew up in Fallarbor Town, his next-door neighbor being a girl named Jessica. They became friends, and eventually he fell in love with her. He was afraid of losing her as a friend, so he kept this secret for three years. Jessica started spending less time with him, and this filled him with anger and sadness. When he asked her why, she said it was because she found someone. Eric was so devastated that he moved away from Fallarbor, to the nearby Route 114. He didn't hear much from Jessica, because she was so involved with her boyfriend. Eric's anger towards Jessica's boyfriend grew, and he had no way to fix things. One day, he was so stricken with depression that he was going to end it all. He was standing on a chair, with a rope tied around his neck and to the ceiling. He was about to kick the chair over...when a Joltik came along and bit through the rope. At first, Eric was sad again, because the Joltik had taken his chance to finally free himself. But it wasn't the only time he saw the Joltik. It followed him around from place to place, and sometimes even rode on his shoulder. Over time, Eric's wounds began to heal, with the Joltik by his side.

Three years passed, and Eric became very good friends with the Joltik, who he found out was a baby at their meeting. Eric was always fascinated with Pokemon, but he never was able to catch any. So Joltik agreed to become his starter Pokemon. Then things started to turn around again--for the worse.

Jessica's boyfriend, whose name was Todd, revealed himself to be a part of Darkrai's Legion. By this time, Eric had a solid team of four. Todd kidnapped Jessica and told Eric that he had simply been using her the whole time. Todd was about to Teleport away with his Alakazam, but before he could, Jessica told Eric how sincerely sorry she was, and that she wanted to be best friends again if she made it away from Todd alive. After they left, Eric thanked Joltik heartily for saving his life. After intensive training, Eric and his party became strong--so strong that Eric was sure he could stand up to Todd. He was summoned by the Pokemon League because of his great change over such a short time, and of course, he went.

Pokemon

Species: Galvantula
Nickname: Bugzapper
Appearance: The main thing that sets him apart from ordinary Galvantula is the fact that the spiky hairs on his rear end in yellow tips. His eyes are also hazel instead of blue.
Personality: Bugzapper is just like Eric when he's around friends, except he's like that all the time. He has a good sense of humor, but still laughs at bad jokes simply because of how bad they really are. He also likes to show off, often hitting faraway targets with his Thunder attack (which has enhanced accuracy due to Bugzapper's Compoundeyes). If he fails at something, he incessantly practices the skill until he masters it (unless it's physically impossible).
Origin: Bugzapper saved Eric's life as an infant, as seen in History.

Species: Togekiss
Nickname: Lovewing
Appearance: A normal Togekiss, except she has a lacking of red spots, with more blue spots where red spots would've been.
Personality: Lovewing is aptly named: she loves almost everyone. If someone does earn her love, she lavishes it on them whenever possible. She's often seen as the mother of the team, and cares for the other Pokemon and Eric as if they were her children. She also loves to take a chance, as evidenced by her Metronome move. She often relies on Metronome to yield a specific move, resulting in a disadvantage (sometimes an advantage, if she's lucky). Her father was a Noctowl, so she has a certain degree of telepathy.
Origin: Lovewing was Eric's second Pokemon, hatched from an egg at Route 113. Thinking ahead to her evolved forms, Eric named her Lovewing, which confused her for a long time.

Species: Gallade
Nickname: Broadsword
Appearance: A normal Gallade, but he wears a green scarf.
Personality: A no-nonsense warrior, Broadsword believes strongly in chivalry and honor. If he won or lost because of luck, he'll demand a rematch, no matter his opponent. Whenever he sees another Pokemon use a technique, he will try to learn it himself, so he can grow stronger. If not for Bugzapper, Broadsword would be Eric's best friend; in fact, sometimes they're considered better friends due to their ability to communicate.
Origin: Soon after Eric became a Trainer, he found a wild Ralts in a clearing. It had a similar past as Eric did, so he sympathized with its plight, and they became friends.

Species: Absol
Nickname: Firestarter
Appearance: Despite not being shiny, his horn has a slightly red tint.
Personality: Although Firestarter is sometimes seen as a loner, he prefers the company of Eric and the other Pokemon. He'll often fight battles on his own, not wanting to be disturbed. He takes good care of his horn, sharpening it on rocks every chance he gets. He's slightly vain, and makes sure his coat is always smooth and clean. He also gets a lot of "beauty sleep." Sometimes, he disobeys Eric's orders.
Origin: A day or two before Todd revealed himself to be part of the Legion, Firestarter appeared outside of Eric's cottage. Eric, excited that such a rare Pokemon practically walked into his yard, caught him and befriended him.

RP Sample: This post is from the Rocket Rebellion.
Eric Starstorm
Mt. Chimney
Rebels

I watched as a rivalry was born between Legna and Jordan. It seemed as if they were going to battle.

"I don't think this concerns me," I said. "Let me know who won. I have something I need to take care of."

I walked away from the scene, towards the summit. Broadsword followed me, an anxious look on his face.

Why aren't we going to watch?

"You know why," I said. "Tell me that dream."

Ugh...you just can't let this go. Broadsword sat down on a rock. It all happened before we met. There was a fire in White Forest not too long after the Pinwheel Forest fire. You heard about it, didn't you?

"Yeah. It was in all the papers."

As you know, that was my home before we met. It was such a peaceful place. All the Pokemon were happy, and all the humans lived with them in harmonious peace. It was magical...and then...

Broadsword paused. He swallowed back tears.

"Then the Rockets burned it down, right?" I asked quietly.

...Yeah. My dad fought off as many Grunts as he could, and my mom defended the villagers...but you know what the papers said.

I nodded slowly. "No survivors."

Broadsword's eyes glistened with tears. My sisters...I promised them that nothing would happen to them...and right before I finished...they were killed. The tears flowed freely now. I was helpless. It's my fault that they died...I should've protected them...

"Don't say that." I patted Broadsword's shoulder. "It's not your fault. It's the Rockets."

Broadsword looked into my eyes, his tear-stained cheeks sparkling in the light. I should've been able to stop them. I should've been stronger. His voice, telepathic or not, was shaking now.

I didn't quite know what to say. I never did in situations like these. All I could think to do was give him some kind of comfort...but what?

Then it hit me. His parents. "Your parents might still be alive," I offered.

Broadsword looked at me. How?

"Can't they both use Teleport? If they wanted to survive, all they had to do was let the thought pass through their minds."

Broadsword wiped the tears off of his cheeks. I thought I saw the edge of a smile on his face. Now that I think about it...you're right.

"I promise to you," I said, "even if it kills me, I'll reunite you with your parents."

Broadsword smiled, then suddenly hugged me. Thank you, master, he said. He was crying again, but this time it was tears of joy.
Eric's hat: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EFFZ9emQL.jpg

Last edited:

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
Trainer
Name: Derpy Hooves :)3)
Nickname: No
Hometown/Current Residence: Ecruteak City, Johto/Lilycove City, Hoenn
Role: Ghost E4

Appearance: Derpy is a man with many different things to show. To start off, he has short, dirty blonde hair. He has big yellow eyes, just like the real Derpy Hooves. For height, he is 6'1", and around his waist he is 49 cm (I hope that's right). On his left ear he has a small, golden earing, which he loves so. For his skin, since he is usually watching My Little Pony in his house, he doesn't get out much. So he's pale, but not like a vampire. His hands and feet are that of the average boy. The shirt he wears a black Fedora (to hide his scars), and wears a tuxedo with a red tie, much like gangsters. He also carries around a Stiletto knife and a brass knuckle for protection, but rarely wears the brass knuckle out of a fight. His muscles, like most people that don't exercise, aren't that big. Despite that, his leg muscles are strong, and he can run exceptionally fast. He also wears black shades. Lastly, his eyes are derpy.

Personality: Derpy Hooves usually has a really positive, happy smiley, silly personality, despite the gangster looks. He commonly makes jokes, makes fun of people, and befriends many people. He loves to go around to people, and sometimes inanimate objects and say hi and act silly (he was hit on his head as a kid). He loves anything in black, purple, dark blue, dark green, pretty much any dark color with the exception of dark grey and dark brown. He enjoys the sound of clapping, and will do it a lot. He loves cartoons, with MLP:FiM and Astro Boy among his favorite cartoons. He loves bananas cause they look like phones. The three things he loves more then all of this though, is dancing which he is a regional champion in, his fedora and playing with his pokemon (Mostly his Dusknoir). He loves to play games with his pokemon, and has signature games for them each:
Dusknoir - The high five game
Froslass - Making Snow forts in winter
Chandelure - Playing fireman
Jellicent - Playing fireman
Gengar - Flying
Rotom - Talking like a robot into the fan
A few things Derpy dislikes though, among others are going underground, Needles, and the number 9 (yes, the number 9). He has had a phobia of these since he was born (the last one when he was hit on the head). Other things that he dislikes to a lesser extent are pineapples, smokes, and Just a Beaver (an evil company that rules over Bidoof and Bibarel).

History: In 1993, Derpy Hooves was born, with the legal name Dick Jones. He was very small for his age, but he didn't care, because he was a baby. when he turned one, his parents bought him a fedora, which he wore everyday until he needed a new one. He then started watching Bugs Bunny a lot, cause it made him laugh more then Dora the Explorer. When he was 2, he started to use his hands more, and learned how to hold a utensil. When he was five, Dick Went to school, where the kids shunned him due to his fedora and dark personality. When he was seven, Dick had an accident. He was walking to school one day, went a dog came out of nowhere and pushed Dick off a cliff, hitting his head off a thorn bush and scarring him for life. He went into a coma, but finally came out when he was 10. His parents were so happy, but he seemed different somehow. He was all jolly and everything, and he had derpy eyes. His parents, as a joke changed his name to Derpy Hooves (because he likes horses), but made a mistake and sent a real form, giving Dick his new name. When he was 12, he decided to become a pokemon trainer, despite being "retarded". He went to the Dark Spooky Forest of Doom to catch his first pokemon. This is where he met Duskull, Haunter and Frillish. He managed to catch all 3. He went on an adventure with the 3, going to a haunted mantion to catch Lampent, up north to catch Snorunt, and an old Factory to catch Rotom. By the time he was 15, all of his pokemon were at their final evolution, and he had 7 badges. He got his last one a few weeks later, then went to the pokemon league, where he swept the E4, and eventually lost to the champion. Yet, because he used only one type, the champion decided to make him and E4. Ever since that day, he has battled many trainers in his life, with Derpy Hooves counting only 23 getting through them. To this day, despite being "Retarded", Derpy Hooves knows what is going on currently, such as the Rhino's extinction and Grapes disappearing. 23 days ago, he died his hair Brown, but weared off

Species: Dusknoir
Nickname:
Appearance: Dusknoir looks like a normal Dusknoir, with 2 small differences. His eye is blue, and he is one inch taller then Dusknoir are supposed to be.
Personality: Dusknoir is a pokemon that likes to fight. He is a serious pokemon, but is always found to be dragged into Derpy Hooves' fun games. He thinks himself to be the team leader, because he is the most powerful, the most wisest, and the first pokemon Derpy Hooves caught. He enjoys using Trick Room, because it makes him go fast compared to the only pokemon, as speed is his only flaw.
Origin: caught at Dark Spooky Forest of Doom as a Duskull. He was ambushed by Derpy Hooves along with Frillish and and Haunter. He was the first one caught, by a pokeball.

Species: Froslass
Nickname:
Appearance: This Froslass is shiny. Other then that, like a normal Froslass.
Personality: When Froslass was a Snorunt, she was very sad and unpopular because she could not find a Dawn Stone to evolve herself. She likes Shiny stuff, such as gems, but is not fond of rough things such as rocks and Reptiles. She loves snow and dancing (not like how Derpy Hooves dances though). She also loves Spagetti so much that she brings some with her anywhere (I do mean anywhere) she goes.
Origin: When Derpy Hooves went up North, he went into a cave. He found a Snorunt there. He gave the Pokemon a Dawn Stone, then Dusclops, Haunter and Frillish teamed up to beat it, so Derpy Hooves could capture it.

Species: Chandelure
Nickname:
Appearance: His flames are more red then other Chandelure.
Personality: Chandelure loves anything creepy, wicked or scary. However, he dislikes Cold and tends to stay away from Froslass. Unlike most fire types, he loves water and is commonly seen around Jellicent. He loves cooking, and is the chef for Derpy Hooves and his crew. Chandelure loves to set stuff on fire too.
Origin: When Derpy Hooves went to a haunted mansion in Kanto, he found a Lampent following him. Thinking it was attacking him, he threw a pokeball at it, catching it.

Species: Jellicent
Nickname:
Appearance: Looks exactly like a male Jellicent.
Personality: Jellicent, like Dusknoir, thinks he's the most powerful, wisest pokemon on the team (but unlike Dusknoir, he is wrong). Like Chandelure, he likes playing fireman. He loves using water, swimming and pretty much everything about water except Baths. He loves using water to put out fires more then anything else in the world, except watermelon.
Origin: caught at Dark Spooky Forest of Doom as a Frillish. He was ambushed by Derpy Hooves along with Duskull and and Haunter. He was the third one caught, by a pokeball.

Species: Gengar
Nickname:
Appearance: He is about 2 inches shorter, and 3 cm wider then that of the average Gengar.
Personality: Gengar, unlike Dusknoir, like's Derpy Hooves games. He especially likes Practical jokes. He is Similar to to Derpy Hooves, but with 3 notable differences. He hates dancing, likes pineapples, and is easily more intelligent then Derpy Hooves, yet is still the stupidest pokemon on the team.
Origin: caught at Dark Spooky Forest of Doom as a Haunter. He was ambushed by Derpy Hooves along with Duskull and and Frillish. He was the second one caught, by a Great ball.

Species: Rotom
Nickname:
Appearance: He usually stays in his fan form, but may come out. He rarely goes into other appliances unless necessary.
Personality: Rotom, unlike other Rotom, hates most appliances. The only one he is Fond of is the Fan, because he can move so much faster with it it compared to other appliances. He thinks it's funny when Derpy Hooves voice changes when he talks to Rotom. He also likes shocking other pokemon, particularly Water/Flying, Water/Poison and for some reason, Water/Ground.
Origin: Rotom was just chilling in a facotry in a Fan, blowing. When Derpy Hooves came in, he tried turning off the fan, only to be shocked. He and Rotom went in a battle, eventually Froslass knocked itout, and Derpy Hooves caught it.

Species: Giratina (yes, I asked, and this is stored)
Nickname:
Appearance: Giratina Generally looks like the average Altered Giratina, but with a few differences. Most notably is ti's size, due to just being a baby. Everything about it is smaller, and it's roar is like that of an adult Giratina's but higher pitched. When I give it a Griseous Orb it turns into Origin forme, but retains these characteristics.
Personality: Giratina, being a baby, likes to play with toys a lot, and uses Rotom as a toy, much to Rotom's dismay. Like most babies, he loves eating and sleeping, but loves to wake up early to play with Rotom. He also enjooys flying and fighting, as Giratina thinks it's a game. He may be a baby, but like a few others, Giratina thinks he is the most powerful pokemon on the team (he is actually second only to Dusknoir). He enjoys Derpy Hooves' nature even more then Gengar. When he grows up he want's to use super strong moves such as Dragon Pulse and Shadow Force.
Origin: One day, when he was part of the E4, Derpy Hooves wanted to see if there were any strong legendary ghost type pokemon he could find. For some reason, he felt less retarded today, and knew what he was doing. He traveled to the Elder of Lilycove City and asked him where to find such a pokemon. The elder told him to travel to a distant land way up north and to go talk to the elder of Celestic town. When he got to Sinnoh and talked to the elder, she said there is only 1 pokemon he could be talking about: Giratina. She gave him a Griseous Orb, and told him to bring it to the Spear Pillar. When he got there, he layed it in the middle of the ruins. The orb started glowing, then a giant hole opened, sucking the Griiseous Orb and Derpy Hooves into the Disortation World. He looked around and found his way through the mazes until he found a nest with a single egg. All of a sudden, a giratina appeared. Derpy Hooves sent out all of his pokemon to do a 6 on 1, but they all lost. So he grabbed the egg, his pokeballs and the orb and got out of the Disortation World very fast. The Giratina was trapped in there, or so Derpy Hooves thought. He was unsure. Regardless, he walked around with this egg until it hatched into a healthy Baby Giratina.

Derpy Hooves
Indigo/Johto Pokemon League
Vs. Will

I watched as Will sent out his first Pokemon, a Jynx.

"A Jynx?" I said, "A weak Pokemon like Jynx cannot beat my almighty Chandelure!"

I sent out my prized Chandelure who, despite hating ice, could beat Jynx.

"Jynx," Will said, "start off by using Psyshock"

I wasn't too sure what to do. I've never heard of this "Psyshock" before. Was it Physical? Special? It started taking shape of lightning, but pink. He then shot it at Chandelure.

"Alright Chandelure, dodge that Psyshock then hit Jynx with a Shadow Ball!" I exclaimed.

Chandelure dodge that attack with ease, then started forming a black ball with it's arms, swirling darkness into one small sphere. Due to already using Psyshock a few seconds earlier, Jynx didn't have enough energy to move, and took the hit.

"Is that all you got?" asked Will, "because if it is, you better hope you're lucky. Jynx, use Ice Beam to freeze Chandelure in place."

I saw Jynx jump into the air, readying up an Ice Beam. It started to make a glowing blue ball, much like how Chandelure used Shadow Ball. I had to think fast...

"Chandelure, use Fire Bla- NO! I was too late!"I forgot to tell it to dodge, so Ice Beam had already hit my Pokemon. Chandelure looked terrified. I just had to boost it's confidence.

"Come on Chandelure, we've done tougher battles then this!" I said, "Your my friend, so lets stick together and battle on! And If you win, I'll play fireman with you!"

It was then I heard that little "Chan" noise it likes to make. I knew we could do this. "Chandelure!," I yelled, "let's hit him with a Fire Blast!!!"

All of a sudden, the room turned blazing hot, then Chandelure hurled a star shaped blast at Jynx, knocking it out.

"How dare you!" said Will, who looked vicious right now. "I will make sure Jynx will be avenged!"

I saw Will throw another Pokeball in the air. This time an Alakazam came out. "Time to face true power!" he yelled. "Alakazam, use Psychic!"

Alakazam moved it's fingers. I saw Chandelure being lifted into the air, where Alakazam was pointing.

This is going to hurt Chandelure a lot. I thought to myself.

"There is no way to escape Psychic." said Will. And all of a sudden, I saw Chandelure came down smashing to the ground with a thud.

My poor Chandelure was hurt, but it got up. "Hmmm, wait! There is one way Chandelure can repel Psychic." I exclaimed, It's bold but might just work."

"Chandelure," I commanded the Chandelier shaped pokemon, "use your own Psychic to stop Alakazam in it's tracks, then finish off with a Shadow Ball!"

I saw my Pokemon close it's eyes, it was concentrating I think. Then I looked at Alakazam, it wasn't moving. In fact, it was struggling.

Perfect, I thought. Now it's time to finish this.
then started collecting darkness once again, and forming it into a sphere. Chandelure then shot he Shadow Ball. I saw it go faster and faster, until it hit it's target.

"Looks like your Alakazam wasn't strong enough either!" I teased.

"I still got one more pokemon," said Will, "so don't get cocky. Go, Gallade!"

"A Gallade? I wonder what this is...I wish I had a Pokedex." I sighed.

"Chandelure, use Energy Ball to kick things!" I commanded.

My Chandelure likes making balls I see...he focused and made a light green sphere, then shot it at Gallade.

"When that Energy Ball comes at you, reflect it, then follow up with a Psycho Cut." Will ordered his pokemon.

I then saw it, Gallade's Blistering reflexes stopped and reflected my Chandelure's Shadow Ball. This doesn't look good...

That Gallade made it's arm go all sparkly or something, then it changed to a deep silver color.

"NOOOO!" I yelled when Gallade hit Chandelure. "Well....at least you made two of his pokemon go down. Have some rest."

"Do you ever stop yelling?" Asked Will. "Just choose your next Pokemon and get on with it."

"hmmm, that Gallade is quite speedy, and Psycho Cut will hurt my Gengar and Froslass pretty badly....I got it! Go Rotom!"

I sent out my Rotom, who was still in his fan. Judging by it's looks, that Gallade looked part Fighting too...

"Gallade," Ordered Will, "Use Slash!"

The pokemon came fast, but I knew what to do.

"Rotom, hit it with a Thunder Wave!"

Rotom started focusing a slight amount of electrical energy, which made the fan move faster.

Before Gallade could reach Rotom, it's Thunder Wave hit the Speedy fighter, downing it. I was so happy that I was going to win.

"Rotom, finish up with Air Slash!" I exclaimed happily.

"NO! Gallade, dodge it!"

It looked like Gallade couldn't move because of the paralyze, giving me the upper hand.

Rotom focused on Gallade's vital point. He gathered up air and turned it into a visible, spear-like shape.

Then, that's when Air Slash hit. Once the smoke cleared, we saw.

"Gallade is unable to battle. The winner is Derpy from Ecruteak City!" said the announcer.

"I prefer to be called by my full name." I said to the announcer. I then walked up to Will. "You tried Will, and that's all that matters. Now I need just one more thi-"

"No," said Will, "I am not giving you a foot massage."

"Foot Massage?" I looked at Will weirdly. "I was just going to ask where the door to the next room is."

".....it's over there." Will pointed to the left. "Now just leave me alone..."

"Ok Mr. Grumpy Pants!" I teased Will. "Bye!"

I then left, headed to my second battle.

I started worrying. "If this battle took down my Chandelure, imagine what these next 3 battles could do. Maybe I'll heal Chandelure with a Hyper Potion.....WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?!

"Revive it first, you dolt!" said Will from afar.

"Thank You!" I replied.

I then left Will's room. I went into the next room. I saw someone dressed like a ninja.....Are we going to play ninja together? I thought.

I continued on until we were facing each other.

"Hello Derpy Hooves," Said the strange man, "I am Koga..."

LOL MOAR Cliffhanger

few things:

Can add more info if you'd like.
who is the GM? I wanna know so I can ask him something.

Last edited:

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
@Jonah the Great - A very good sign-up. I'm interested in seeing how the Eric-Jessica relationship will work out. A few minor problems here and there, but nothing to reject you on, especaiily if you just want a regular Trainer role. So you are approved.

@bobyjoe5000 - Ummmm, an interesting sign-up to say the least. The fact that a retarded 12 year old can catch three pokemon with no experience make me think that we all need to look out for this guy. Funny thing is, I actually had to look up Derpy Hooves to find out what it was from. Then I read the rest of the post and just *faceplam*. So yeah, on a serious note, although it is a very strange sign-up I am interested to see what you can do with the character. However, since you didn't add an RP sample, I'm going to say this post is pending until you do. (An RP Sample is just a mock RP post. Take a look at the other sign-ups if you need help.) Now, as for the GM, you are looking at him. If you've got a question ask away.

@Winterbreezesrule - Okay, cool. Thanks for doing that. I looked over it again, and I think I can accept it now. So you are approved.

@All - Not really sure when I should put up the RP thread. I won't have much free time until after graduation, so in late May. However, if you guys want to start sooner let me know, I'll put up the thread and just let you guys do your own thing.

Last edited: