• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream! (1163)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ahhhhhh this episode is absolutely a treat in dub <3
I reallllly adore dub dawn, like she is the epitome of how much I love Dawn's character and how much she means to me and my childhood
The voice is a bit higher pitched but gods it really takes you back, just perfect!!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
D

Deleted member 384931

In Dutch Barry is voiced by the same person who voices Goh currently, so when he "meets" Dawn for "the first time", it will sound VERY awkward.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Something that took me a while to notice: The way Goh and Ash chased Darkrai sorta resembles a hunt for a roaming Legendary Pokémon in the games. Now, that's kinda weird because Darkrai was never a roaming Pokémon in any of the games...officially, that is. However, there's a little-known script in the old Generation 4 games that, when executed, releases a roaming Darkrai into the wild; implying that GameFreak might've tested a roaming Darkrai event.

I'm sure it's all a coincidence, but I like to think they might've been referencing that unused event with this episode.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Definitely a coincidence.

The anime never goes that kind of far, but rather veers off the track.
Nah, we had TR encountering a wild Thunder in their balloon accidentally catching Satoshi’s Mukubird instead with some sticky adhesive bomb meant for the roaming legendary itself. It was around the time Platinum introduced the bird trio as roaming Pokémon too so I believe that was a nice nod iirc.

Starswirl Pikachu

Many blasts from the past! I think its great that Dawn met up with Chloe in the wild and even Piplup too. While I don't know what that says about Chloe's skill of navigation it could be another chance for her to learn about a different aspect of pokemon competition. Darkrai's reputation seems to precede it, I wonder what manner of dreams and nightmares are yet to come?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Rewatched this since it was the last Journeys ep I saw before getting back into it w the M8; again really enjoyed it. Loved all the DP and Sinnoh callbacks like Ash remembering fighting Darkrai and Dawn remembering Cresselia, the reference to Dawn’s packing, the magazine with Manaphy and the Old Gateau, the Johanna interview, Piplup being a professional hairstylist, the way Dawn corrected Koharu with the “daijoubanai”. All so fun and and easy to catch especially since I just finished DP.

I love Koharu and Dawn’s dynamic. It’s so fun to see how they’re opposites in many ways but still have core traits in common that make them such fast friends. Dawn was so wonderful; I did think they were overexaggerating her ditziness but now I’ve come to look at it like she’s been traveling so long that’s she’s come to really appreciate the joys of it. Compared to Koharu who hasn’t known that life at all it makes sense. She was still portrayed as mature/experienced and more or less like how she was at the end of DP, so I liked that. What I didn’t like was how they still won’t let her be a damn Top Coordinator…..

The TR stuff and main plot of this ep was honestly whatever, it is interesting but when Dawn comes back you know what I’m going to prioritize more.