• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream! (1163)

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I could definitely appreciate Chloe having an Eevee if this wasn’t the fourth we’ve had in the cast and third in a row. The whole reason I like switching companions is to see new teams. Lana and Chloe got it worse since they practically only have two Pokémon

Also did anybody catch the contrast of Chloe overpacking and her mom commenting and making her own backpack like her just like Dawn in the her first episode?

UnovaMaster

So basically we wait another week for Dawn to do something.
I hope they let her have won a GF, they made Iris a freaking champion out of nowhere. At least make May and Dawn top Coordinators since people have always wanted to see that

Tobias reference is sweet, would be cool if they bring him back and make him an actual character instead of a blatant last minute addition

It's the end of a brutal six on six with Leon, Ash and Pikachu have mustered the courage and mastered extra thicc Pikachu's abilities to knock Lizardon down a peg, they are victorious

The next day Tobias strolls in with his dynamax Darkrai, dynamax Latios, and a Kalos legendary + Galar legendary to keep it even numbered

Tobias takes Ash's world position away without ever revealing what his two last Pokemon were

Ash vows to see Tobias again in 10 years, when Tobias will have a gen 10 and gen 12 legendary

mystreon

the elder eevee
Just keep him away from Chloe, if you like you can look for and have a battle with him, He's sniffing around the canavale girl's school in this moment, you can go find him
A guy isnt a "creep or an aggressor" just because he asked a girl to battle, when that is extremely normal, he wasn't even being weird about it he just seemed enthused about battling like ash useally is.

men or people in general arent supposed to be omnipotently know weather someone is shy or not off the bat just because , that snot reality.

nuzamaki90

Some of you haven’t watched an episode with Dawn in it in a while and it shows. Dawn has ALWAYS been clumsy/free spirit from her very first episode to her return in BW. She gets herself into all kinds of craziness and then starts preaching “daijobu daijobu” propaganda to everyone. The girls a psycho but we love her anyways.

And yes, this episode was cute af. I’m really starting to warm up to Koharu, and I liked seeing this episode being treated as basically her start to her own journey. She’s a bit of a stick in the mud but she’s got spirit and that’s what matters. Her interactions with Dawn were *chef’s kiss* immaculate. It was like watching Ash and Goh again when Goh first started. And because of Dawn’s insistence of letting loose instead of following a dumb guidebook, they ran into something special. Simply beautiful.

Hoping the next episode is just as good. Seeing Johanna again was great, the continuity was great, everything was great. These returning character episodes continue to be the best thing about Journeys.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
So I plan on rewatching this episode when better subs come out, but oh my gosh I thought Koharu's and Dawn's interaction's were just absolutely wholesome! Is it weird that I think their relationship is leagues better than the one between Ash and Goh?

Side note, some how this episode reignited a semi-dormant hatred I have for Tobias

Risrhayne

Wow, excellent start to this little arc. I also wish that this was a three-parter as nothing really happened other than establishing the story, so next week will be jam packed with a reunion, a few battles, some misunderstandings, a departure and conclusion. Kinda sounds….stuffed to me.

But I still loved this episode because it was able to carry out the return of an old character without having to rely on Ash. Or even mention him. Chloe’s met Dawn on her own terms. Speaking of, I love how they showed how much of a rookie she is. She tried to pack too much, avoided a battle, ran from a wild encounter, struggled to start a fire and insisted on following the guide. I loved how she and Dawn bickered about her rigidness because being so strict was basically her initial character, but she’s a trainer now, so she’s gotta cut loose. And that hand-holding scene~something tells me a certain red-headed rival’s not gonna like that….and I ain’t talkin about Kenny lol

And oh right, those two boys were doing something this episode. Trying to figure out why people aren’t sleeping and stuff. The TR nightmare was funny and all, but I’m here for Twerp in Boots, sorry. Show Ash and Dawn doing their high five thing, have him use her catchphrase and let’s move on to somehow stopping two sets of Team Rocket baddies from hurting two mythicals in 25 minutes.

Also, I didn’t catch what town Chloe went to, but was anyone else expecting a Lake Trio cameo when Chloe was ogling that water?

DeltaGod770

It was nice to see Dawn back. That being said, this episode wasted way too much time on Baby Koharu's First Day Out. I get the writers wanted to show Koharu gaining independence but in a 2 parter about a companion returning and a central plot about Cresselia and Darkrai, you'd think those would be prioritized more.

Alas, it looks like next episode will be even more bloated and rushed with all it will need to tackle in addition to having contest. Hopefully at least Dawn will have a better showing because this episode really didn't do her and Piplup justice in regards to their battle skill and experience.

All in all, not a horrible episode but in comparison to all the previous companion returns in this series, not a very remarkable or well written one either. Fingers crossed next episode is much better. 5.8/10

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
The episode was good.
10/10 for Dawn and Koharu ship and interactions. Seeing Dawn being clumsy and carefree like that surprised me but it was entertaining. She said she's traveled through Sinnoh, Johto Hoenn and Unova.
Also made a reference to Ash and Brock as she said when she traveled through Sinnoh she was not alone but was accompanied by 2 friends. Seems like the leaks and spoilers were right yet again.
I guess they'll reveal whether or not has Dawn won a GF yet next episode. Also nice Johanna cameo in the beginning.
Overall a decent and entertaining episode.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Oh I hated Sakuragi and his punks but now this is personal.

HOW DARE YOU STAND WHERE THEY STOOD
Hey, at least it was funny. I lost it when Yamper did a Meowth.
I d say its proof why it doesnt work as the episode was really nice but whats the point. Angry react's anyway going to appear
It would have been a pacing disaster if this mini arc and Dawn's return was a one-and-done single episode deal.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
BTW
Pretty sure Dawn has already won a contest and it will be The Reveal in the next episode otherwise why would she have gone back to Sinnoh? To re-try contests in Sinnoh? Everyone knows re-trying never happened in the anime. She could've easily gone to try Kanto contests if she hadn't already won a GF by now. If she stopped it's because she won.